ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: What seed do you think UofL will get in what region ?

I say lowest 5 if the midwest
Higest 4 in the west\
Wouldnt be surprise to the higest 6 in the East\

Bottom line a 5 regardless were they go.

Duke and Virgina losing screwed up some 1 seeds causing a dominoe effect ensuring a 5 for us or possibly a 6.
This post was edited on 3/14 3:07 PM by REDBEASTFURRY

Originally posted by REDBEASTFURRY:
I say lowest 5 if the midwest
Higest 4 in the west\
Wouldnt be surprise to the higest 6 in the East\

Bottom line a 5 regardless were they go.

Duke and Virgina losing screwed up some 1 seeds causing a dominoe effect ensuring a 5 for us or possibly a 6.
This post was edited on 3/14 3:07 PM by REDBEASTFURRY
Not sure I follow completely. At first I thought that too, but when you really think about it, all it did was flip someone from the 2 line to the 1 and vice versa. That someone is probably going to be UVA since they lost to UofL then turned around and lost to UNC too. I think Duke stays on the 1 line, UVA to the 2 line, Notre Dame moved up to a solid 3, UNC and UofL could both get 4 seeds.

Total guess here

1 seeds: UK, Duke, Nova, Arizona
2 seeds: UVA, Wisconsin, Maryland, KU
3 seeds: Notre Dame, Gonzaga, Wichita State, Iowa State
4 seeds: Oklahoma, Baylor, UNC, UofL.

The teams that might sneak into the top 16 seeds could be Northern Iowa or Utah.

I could see UofL drop to a 5 or even a 6 seed depending on region and match up possibilities.

This post was edited on 3/14 5:18 PM by Cue Card

They should be at least a 5 seed, but I would not be surprised if the Cards get a 6 seed. They tend to get screwed one way or the other. Do not be surprised if they get a 6 seed. I am not sure who you put above them to justify giving them a 6 seed though. We will see.

I think they will give the Cards a 5 or 6 seed. I might be wrong, but I just don't see them giving us a 4 seed.

Looks like most Cards fans know their history when it comes to NCAA seeding. Don't know the reason why it happens, but the committee when given the opening, always screws Louisville with their seeding. Can't see how this season would be any different. The Cards are 24-8 as is the Kansas Jayhawks, but I bet the Cards get a #6 seed while Kansas gets a #3 and maybe even a #2.

Seems like the Cards having a missing player is much more important than other schools with missing or injured players. Until Virginia lost to UNC, the media were still maintaining the Cavs should be a #1 seed even when Anderson was out. The fact that they have not looked very good since Anderson was out was lost on the media, whereas they couldn't stop talking how bad Louisville was without Jones.

It really doesn't matter where the Cards are seeded because they will be put in the toughest bracket like usual. I foresee a #6 seed out west where they could face the #3 seed in the second round which will most likely be the best #3 seed. A team like Iowa State or Maryland comes to mind. It sure won't be someone like Kansas or Northern Iowa.

I see it like this:

East: Villanova / Virginia / Maryland / Wichita State
South: Duke / Gonzaga / Kansas / SMU (If they beat U-Conn)
Midwest: Kentucky / Notre Dame / Iowa State / Louisville
West: Wisconsin / Arizona / North Carolina / Northern Iowa
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by 80,86:
Looks like most Cards fans know their history when it comes to NCAA seeding. Don't know the reason why it happens, but the committee when given the opening, always screws Louisville with their seeding. Can't see how this season would be any different. The Cards are 24-8 as is the Kansas Jayhawks, but I bet the Cards get a #6 seed while Kansas gets a #3 and maybe even a #2.

Seems like the Cards having a missing player is much more important than other schools with missing or injured players. Until Virginia lost to UNC, the media were still maintaining the Cavs should be a #1 seed even when Anderson was out. The fact that they have not looked very good since Anderson was out was lost on the media, whereas they couldn't stop talking how bad Louisville was without Jones.

It really doesn't matter where the Cards are seeded because they will be put in the toughest bracket like usual. I foresee a #6 seed out west where they could face the #3 seed in the second round which will most likely be the best #3 seed. A team like Iowa State or Maryland comes to mind. It sure won't be someone like Kansas or Northern Iowa.
Lunardi still has Kansas a 2 seed even after losing yesterday. I don't see how, but then again, they're Kansas. They're a blue blood who always seems to enjoy the hype of that title. Yeah I know they played the toughest schedule. So what? They also lost 8 games, and 2 of the 8 were total blowout losses. They lost to UK by 32, and to Temple by 25. They lost to a 18-13 Oklahoma State team too. That's 3 really embarrassing losses IMO. 3. One minor correction on your post though, KU is 26-8. The Cards are 24-8.

Back on topic, I'll never forget the year the Cards won the CUSA regular season and tourney championships, was ranked 4th in the country with a solid record and strength of schedule, and got saddled with a 4 seed when most had the Cards the top 2 seed and possibly the 4th 1 seed. That completely blew me away and it was pure disrespect. A 6 seed wouldn't surprise me all that much. A 7 seed is in play too with the history of getting screwed as you pointed out.

This post was edited on 3/15 6:50 AM by Cue Card

The bracket we are in will be more important than the seed. Who you have to play is most important on the path to the Final Four.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT