ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino isn't recruiting Rowen any longer

Doesn't shock me due to a lot of mentioning of other players they are considering. The Rowan saga has been like a soap opera, plus this kids dad seems to be a douche in my opinion.

Reactions: beasleythecard
I suspected that when we got the commitment from VJ King. That gives you Adel in this class and King in next at the 3. Unless someone transfers or leaves for the NBA, that leaves only 2 scholarships left and looking at the roster 1 will go to a point guard(combo guard will work with Snyder on the roster) and the other probably to a 2 guard. We are a little light at guard considering Lewis will be leaving and Ryan McMahon is a project.

Was tired of the whole Rowan saga a while ago. When he desided to play for a Nike AAU team and was wishy washy about reclassifying I wrote him off. When he said he was reclassifying it didn't change my opinion about him either. I figured he was just like the Dozier kid wanting to go where family played before. That's not a bad thing either but his attention seeking jumped the shark a long time ago.

Reactions: pervisl
That's the first time I've heard the name. I don't follow recruiting too closely until they're on campus. Birdteeth is the guy for that info.

I wonder if he is not recruiting him any longer because something simple like ( he might not be able to finish his summer courses ).

Something about the whole thing just smells rotten.
Not really. It's the way Pitino handles many of these guys. If it's early and they're worth the wait, he does. In this case, it's late, U of L has invested a lotta time and energy in the kid, and he's simply not good enough to allow yourself to be d!cked around. So, Pitino cuts him off. He's done it many times before to many kids. And I personally like it...

Reactions: pervisl
Not really. It's the way Pitino handles many of these guys. If it's early and they're worth the wait, he does. In this case, it's late, U of L has invested a lotta time and energy in the kid, and he's simply not good enough to allow yourself to be d!cked around. So, Pitino cuts him off. He's done it many times before to many kids. And I personally like it...

Wasn't talking about you guys. Sorry for the confusion.

Seems like his list is getting longer. Not that long ago it was just UL. Then it was UL and St. Johns. Now we are one of 4.

That makes me wonder nust how much Pitino wants this kid. If Rick wants him then he has to be worth the scholarship because we are in on several great kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT