ADVERTISEMENT

Pitch around Tommy White

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
I am a believer; freshman Tommy White is gaining quite a reputation as a power hitter, and not just HRs, as he went 4 for 5 and the velocity that leaves his bat makes even a ground ball a challenge for an infielder.

Noah Soles is another solid hitter, but containing White is the key to finishing out this series with NCST.

Kudos to Junior Jacob Ferris …… had as much command of his pitches as I have seen from any UL reliever this season.

Reactions: gocds
I am a believer; freshman Tommy White is gaining quite a reputation as a power hitter, and not just HRs, as he went 4 for 5 and the velocity that leaves his bat makes even a ground ball a challenge for an infielder.

Noah Soles is another solid hitter, but containing White is the key to finishing out this series with NCST.

Kudos to Junior Jacob Ferris …… had as much command of his pitches as I have seen from any UL reliever this season.
With the open base,couldn't agree more. Not sure why you would throw anything that resembled a strike there. I don't mind pitching to him on that solo jack,but only off speed. Hey,let's don't forget Grundy. The kid basically was one or two pitches from being yanked,righted the ship and got his stuff going.

Exactly; Grundy showed what CDM likes to do …..allow the kids to work through their adversity whenever possible. Sometimes the circumstances do not allow it, particularly in critical conference series like this one with NCST.

Reactions: gocds
And again today in the top of the 7th to take a 7-6 lead. 4 of their 7 runs from 1 guy ……. Wow

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT