ADVERTISEMENT

Papa's Seats

I seem to recall TJ mentioning during the last remodel that seat replacements would not happen this time. But the next and we are talking about the next major plans.

Embarrassing? Evidently you have never sat through a season at the old Cardinal Stadium. Papa Johns is state of the art and I can live with some faded seats. Some of you new guys just don't appreciate how far this program has come.

Red fades the fastest of all colors. Pink chair backs are better than bleachers.

White would last longest, but if our facilities, and PJCS doesn't impress them, then too bad. If it's good enough for Teddy Bridgewater, Devante Parker, and-on-and-on, it's good enough for anybody.

If we still have to worry about recruits liking the stadium and uniforms, then we have been spinning our wheels for the last twenty years.

We are on the cusp of "possibly" having more players drafted in the last two years than ANYBODY. If not the most, we will have numbers better than 90-95% of BCS schools.

That is what should impress them. IF they're players.

Reactions: Mayoman
I can think of literally 100 better ways to spend cash on our stadium...ok, maybe literally 10...but still, I think this is a low priority...I see plenty of stadiums with benches and a mishmash of oddly placed seat backs of different colors when empty...we are supremely fortunate to have our stadium, even with it's pink seats.

Reactions: 65bird
I can think of literally 100 better ways to spend cash on our stadium...ok, maybe literally 10...but still, I think this is a low priority...I see plenty of stadiums with benches and a mishmash of oddly placed seat backs of different colors when empty...we are supremely fortunate to have our stadium, even with it's pink seats.
Number 1 option, escalators to the flight deck level.

When I'm a little late getting away from the tailgate I have to run up to my seat. Makes me feel like I'm carrying the football.

The #1 reason I get to the game early is to be able to take the elevators without too long of a wait. I've done the ramps several times and the stairs ONCE...too much like work. ;)

Does Jurich have any plans to replace the faded seats at PJCS?
I don't care about the color of the seats, but the fixed seats on the visitor side are a pain when someone wants to enter or exit the row. There is very little space to squeeze by. Fold down seats on the home side are much easier to navigate.

I don't care about the color of the seats, but the fixed seats on the visitor side are a pain when someone wants to enter or exit the row. There is very little space to squeeze by. Fold down seats on the home side are much easier to navigate.
Papa's seats show up as Cardinal Red on when viewed on TV from Churchill Downs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT