ADVERTISEMENT

One thing I for sure noticed Sat.

cards62878

5000+
Feb 18, 2004
This team played with a lot of energy Sat. So many home games they look lethargic and just out of sync. That Sat. game they look so much more energetic and just overall quicker out on the floor. If they would have played like that every home game at least the Notre Dame, Duke and NC State games might have different outcomes. Hopefully they can carry that energy over to the tourney.

I hope it carries over as well. I really hope it was not one of those emotional last game of the season... let's win it for Trez and Blackshear kind of games. A lot of emotion and energy in that game. This team has been up and down all year. I hope they stay up now.

They did play with more energy against UVA. The 2 things that stood out to me was how active guys were on offense without the ball which is key against a team like Virginia. The other was the pressure they put on the ball while on defense. It made it tough for UVA to get into their offensive sets.

Leave it to Rick to make the right adjustments at this time of year. Year after year.

Originally posted by Louisvillian:
They did play with more energy against UVA. The 2 things that stood out to me was how active guys were on offense without the ball which is key against a team like Virginia. The other was the pressure they put on the ball while on defense. It made it tough for UVA to get into their offensive sets.

Leave it to Rick to make the right adjustments at this time of year. Year after year.
I like the fact Rick TOLD us exactly what he was going to do. He didn't just say he was going to "tweak" things. He told us he was going to simplify the defenses by scrapping the switching zone for more traditional defenses. That was the adjustment and he didn't try to hide it from anyone.

I posted on here before about the level on energy they had during the UNC comeback. They looked unstoppable during that time. That's what they looked like when they came out and punched UVA in the mouth. It's there.

I think now that practices are shortened and guys get their legs, we will see more of that. We can beat anybody if we play that way.

I am looking forward to the postseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT