ADVERTISEMENT

Okorafor

Not bad but has a long way to go. Bigs usually do. Plays hard and showed decent hands. Looks like a good pick up.

Does it say something about KP the coach by not playing this kid the game before against BC? He may have been enough to win that game? I think we all assumed he was a project and wouldn't see much playing time, but he plays the next game and looked better than Curry or Wheeler.

Why didn't KP play him against BC?

Reactions: rh62531
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. He played okay, impressive for just two weeks with the team. But he did commit two turnovers because he was moving when trying to set a screen. He most certainly wasn’t the difference between winning and losing against BC.

Didn't say he was the difference only that he could have been but KP didn’t play him. Why is that so hard to understand? What will you say if he scores 10 with 8 rebounds in the next game? I'm no longer being ahead of myself?

I had zero expectations for this kid and when he didn't play against BC, that made sense. But what we saw when he did play against ND, I think questioning why KP didn't play him against BC is a legit criticism.

Didn't say he was the difference only that he could have been but KP didn’t play him. Why is that so hard to understand? What will you say if he scores 10 with 8 rebounds in the next game? I'm no longer being ahead of myself?

I had zero expectations for this kid and when he didn't play against BC, that made sense. But what we saw when he did play against ND, I think questioning why KP didn't play him against BC is a legit criticism.

Understand. When you’re 2-19, every criticism is legitimate. The skilled big man (Post) with the excellent outside shot for BC would have been a bad matchup for Okorafor. But to be perfectly honest, he couldn’t have done much worse than Curry or Wheeler did against him - which was probably why we saw him early and often against ND.

Understand. When you’re 2-19, every criticism is legitimate. The skilled big man (Post) with the excellent outside shot for BC would have been a bad matchup for Okorafor. But to be perfectly honest, he couldn’t have done much worse than Curry or Wheeler did against him - which was probably why we saw him early and often against ND.
Yes, I do agree with that. BC has a tough big man and ND does not. However, KP should have gave him a shot. What's there to risk when you're 2 and 17?

Yes, I do agree with that. BC has a tough big man and ND does not. However, KP should have gave him a shot. What's there to risk when you're 2 and 17?

No risk to the team, for sure. Just wouldn’t want him to be overwhelmed and lose confidence. That’s why I thought it was reasonable to let him observe his first ACC college basketball game from the bench, as CKP did.

But I would say not nearly as far to go as the rest of our roster.
I agree his performance tells us all we need to know about our other bigs. He exposed them just play hard.

Okafor is going to struggle but I don’t think we ever question his effort.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT