ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament discussion thread

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Not sure why we didn't have something going on this tournament that has been nothing less than spectacular.
Oh well,better late than never.

Vandy and Oregon State currently going down to the wire in Corvallis. OSU up 7-6 in the 8th.

Reactions: Deeva
Florida up 2-1 in the seventh against Oklahoma.
Earlier, East Carolina and Auburn punch tickets.
Vandy facing elimination with 3 outs down 1.
Plenty of great action still to come tonight.

LSU on the ropes against Southern Miss,down 1 in the ninth.
Dang,I can't watch them all at once.

Down goes Vandy 7-6. Oregon State gets all they can handle but advances to Super.

Down goes LSU 8-7 to So Miss.😁😁😁
SMiss advances to host a Super.

Fast and furious action folks. North Carolina/VCU and UCONN/Maryland playing now.

Heading to the end of the Florida game. Tight battle against the Sooners. Dang can't find it. Might be in a rain delay.

North Carolina advances past VCU.
Maryland in danger of losing their Region to Uconn

So what’s the top 16 looking like? Mostly 1 seeds or any surprises?

Florida on the verge of elimination.
Ninth inning down 2 to Oklahoma

Of the top 8, only Miami is out with Stanford and Oklahoma St still playing. Okla St is down to Arkansas in the 7th and Stanford plus at 10 pm tonight.

Reactions: earsky
Most of the top 16 are advancing.
Notre Dame takes out Region host Ga Southern,Maryland getting ready to lose their Region to Uconn and...did we get a final on the Florida game?

Yes,Oklahoma holds on 5-4 in the Gainesville regional to advance in a game delayed by lightning.
Tough day for the SEC

Field of 16 is set for Super Regional play.

Tennessee hosts Notre Dame
Stanford hosts Uconn
Oregon State hosts Auburn
Va Tech hosts Oklahoma
Texas A&M hosts the Cards
So Miss hosts Ole Miss
UNC hosts Arkansas
East Carolina hosts Texas

Best 2 of 3 with some series starting Friday and some starting Saturday. Pretty sure we're starting Friday.

Reactions: nccardfan
Breaking down by Conference:

1. SEC = 5
2. ACC = 4
3. PAC 12 = 2
4. BIG 12 = 2
5. AAC = 2
6. CUSA = 1

Notable: Big Ten shut up of the Sweet 16! That will be noted at the League Office you can be sure!

Reactions: Guardman
Notables for UL. ND is in field, and UL swept their series with ND. Has wins over Ole Miss, and VT. Other wins over SEC Teams in Vandy & UK. So, no doubt in my mind UL being in the Sweet 16 is no Fluke. TAM better come to play, with their shoelaces tied right, and their Helmets squarely on their heads. If they come in thinking DEY SEC, and just have to show up! UL will home with two wins, and a ticket to the College WS quickly. UL Pitching has come together in the last couple of weeks, and with the way we hit ball over the weekend!! UL is peaking at the right time IMO! Think we will give TAM all they want!!

The NCAAT is the NCAAT. It's a tough road, no matter who you play. But, A&M has dismissed Oral Roberts, Louisiana, and TCU. TCU, ok, I'll give them that one. But, it's not like the Aggies have been grinding away, whereas, UofL has been putting in the work and then some. Something that causes me pause- UofL's road record: 8-9-1. That concerns me a little. By comparison, the last time UofL was in the postseason, their 2019 road record was 15-4. Though the environment will be hostile, the Cards do have momentum. Maybe the two collide and the chips fall where they may. Regardless what happens, this has been one hell of a season, and I stand firmly behind the notion that this has been Mac's greatest coaching job while at Louisville.

Yep, the Cards have not been real good on the road - that is a point of concern. The Aggies will have huge crowds there too. Funny how a school, like Ole Miss, who many thought should not even be in the tourney turn around and advance. Crazy.

I think if anything,the Cardinals have used Sunday and Monday to get themselves going. I've said it before,we have a solid group of second year guys that contribute in different ways.
The veterans on this team can take it to another level,and I'll include a healthy Phillips,Webster,Kuehner and Schmeltz in that group.
Offensively,it's really fun watching the vets get it going. Execution,execution,execution.
Every run means so much in an elimination setting,as we saw yesterday.

Yep, the Cards have not been real good on the road - that is a point of concern. The Aggies will have huge crowds there too. Funny how a school, like Ole Miss, who many thought should not even be in the tourney turn around and advance. Crazy.
Bianco the dad advanced. Bianco son advanced. Bianco brother came up just short.

Field of 16 is set for Super Regional play.

Tennessee hosts Notre Dame
Stanford hosts Uconn
Oregon State hosts Auburn
Va Tech hosts Oklahoma
Texas A&M hosts the Cards
So Miss hosts Ole Miss
UNC hosts Arkansas
East Carolina hosts Texas

Best 2 of 3 with some series starting Friday and some starting Saturday. Pretty sure we're starting Friday.
Looks like we play the Aggies at 8:30 Friday night on ESPNU followed by a 3:00 pm game on Saturday.

So glad the Friday game is at night and I don’t have to take off work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT