ADVERTISEMENT

N.D.'s Golson to Transfer

Jul 23, 2014
Golson graduated this semester, allowing him to transfer and play his final season at a new school without sitting out a year.

Notre Dame, Everett Golson can finally move on without each other
Malik Zaire is now the Fighting Irish's starter, and that's probably best for all concerned.

1 Related

"I would like to thank everyone at Notre Dame for the opportunity to compete at the highest level of college football but most importantly to obtain my degree from one of the finest universities in the country," Golson said in a prepared statement. "To all the Fighting Irish fans I want to thank you for the support over the past four years and let you know I truly love Notre Dame! To my former teammates, who I will miss tremendously, I wish much success in the future and will be your biggest fan from afar."

A 6-foot senior, Golson is undecided where he will transfer, a source said. Schools that might be interested in Golson include Alabama, Florida, Florida State, LSU and Texas.

"I will have no future comment at this time and ask that you respect my time as I figure out this life changing moment," Golson said. "God has a plan for each of us and I ask for your prayers as I move forward in this new journey in my life."

If Golson wants to transfer to an SEC school, he would require a waiver that has been approved by the league commissioner, an SEC source said.

Malik Zaire for the starting spot.

If Notre Dame has the final say, he's Weber State bound.

If he has a degree, I don't know how anyone has a say where he goes.

And if he doesn't have his degree, he ain't eligible next year anyway...

Could Golson be the next Bridgewater for 1 year at UofL? Petrine seems to be retooling with the use of 5th year players. Golson might think he had a shot at the NFL if he worked under Petrino for a year.

Could Golson be the next Bridgewater for 1 year at UofL? Petrine seems to be retooling with the use of 5th year players. Golson might think he had a shot at the NFL if he worked under Petrino for a year.

You serious?

If he has a degree, I don't know how anyone has a say where he goes.

And if he doesn't have his degree, he ain't eligible next year anyway...

He receives his degree next Saturday morning. He finished his school work last week and went home to South Carolina. My thought is like yours Zipp. I'm interested to see where he goes now. It appears that more coaches are interested in him than message boards. I haven't seen a message board yet that wants him. We should know for sure within the next two weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT