ADVERTISEMENT

MSU, the one school doing worse things than us, Tucker Fired!

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
Michigan State coach Mel Tucker has been fired by the university less than 24 hours after it was revealed he is the subject of a MSU investigation into allegations of sexual harassment, according to multiple reports. A complaint filed in December 2022 by Brenda Tracy, a prominent rape survivor and activist against sexual violence, accused Tucker of making sexually suggestive comments and masturbating while she "sat frozen for several minutes" during a phone call on April 28, 2022.

Secondary coach Harlon Barnett will serve as the interim head coach with former Spartans coach Mark Dantonio expected to assist the program in a presently undefined role, according to 247Sports' Justin Thind.

Tracy, who shared the details of the complaint with USA Today, visited MSU at least three times as an activist starting in 2021 -- including once in which she was recognized as an honorary captain at a Michigan State spring football game -- and built a relationship with Tucker as part of her work on campus.

Tracy also alleges numerous other inappropriate incidents.

"The idea that someone could know me and say they understand my trauma but then re-inflict that trauma on me is so disgusting to me, it's hard for me to even wrap my mind around it," Tracy told USA Today. "It's like he sought me out just to betray me."

Tracy was gang raped at the hands of four men -- three college football players and a recruit -- in 1998. She went public in 2014 and has since transformed that traumatic experience into a message she has sprawled across college sports: Violence against women must stop.

In statements provided to the Title IX investigator, Tucker acknowledged that the April 28 phone call occurred; however, he claimed it was a consensual encounter.

"Ms. Tracy's distortion of our mutually consensual and intimate relationship into allegations of sexual exploitations has really affected me," Tucker wrote in a letter to the investigator that was obtained by USA Today. "I am not proud of my judgement and I am having difficulty forgiving myself for getting into this situation, but I did not engage in misconduct by any definition."

Action Network's Brett McMurphy first reported Tucker's firing.

A formal hearing had been scheduled for Oct. 5-6, according to USA Today.

Tucker was off to a 2-0 start in his fourth year at Michigan State after beating Richmond 45-14 on Saturday night. After leading the Spartans to an 11-2 record in his second season, he signed a 10-year, $95 million fully guaranteed contract with the school. Since then, the program is just 7-7 and 3-6 in Big Ten play.

There was a clause in Tucker's contract that would allow MSU to fire him for cause "if the coach is engaged in any conduct which constitutes moral turpitude" or MSU deems said conduct to have embarrassed the university.

Michigan State continues to attempt to rebuild its reputation after overlooking decades-long complaints against Larry Nassar, an MSU physician and former USA Gymnastics doctor accused of sexually assaulting hundreds of female athletes. Nassar was sentenced to up to 175 years in prison in verdicts reached across 2017-18.

You don't know your college athletic scandals. Otherwise, you would know there are many schools who've had far worse scandals than strippers in a dorm.

You don't know your college athletic scandals. Otherwise, you would know there are many schools who've had far worse scandals than strippers in a dorm.
wtf? we got our national title revoked, had cheating scandal, hooker scnadal, coach sexual infidelity scandal, money paying scandal, new coaches breaking the rules, and we almsot faced the fffing death penalty, so wtf are you talking about and where the fu%k have you been? we've been the national laughing stock and only MSU horrible molestation allegations have been worse. recruits don't want to come here, no one shows up to our games, and because of all our scandals all our major sports teams are expected to finish last. show me one other school that has dealt with more embarrassment than us

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
wtf? we got our national title revoked, had cheating scandal, hooker scnadal, coach sexual infidelity scandal, money paying scandal, new coaches breaking the rules, and we almsot faced the fffing death penalty, so wtf are you talking about and where the fu%k have you been? we've been the national laughing stock and only MSU horrible molestation allegations have been worse. recruits don't want to come here, no one shows up to our games, and because of all our scandals all our major sports teams are expected to finish last. show me one other school that has dealt with more embarrassment than us
Your quote:

MSU, the one school doing worse things than us.​

Penn State says hi. They molested children. Ohio State says hi. A team doctor sexually abused male athletes for 20 years. Michigan says hi. A team doctor sexually abused 850 athletes over a 50 year period, generating over 1,000 lawsuits. Baylor says hi. Rape and murder.

I could go on.

So, yeah, by comparison, other schools have done a lot worse.

Lots of hyperbole in that post.

Only the men's basketball team is expected to finish last. None of the other top sports teams are close to being picked last.

The attendance has only suffered again with the men's team. None of the other sports teams have any scandals.

Everything that has happened came from those strippers in the dorm rooms. No one was raped, no one was molested. No one was violently attacked.

What happened to Louisville was the zeal for scandal in the media and with the schools enemies. UofL officials made it worse and the men's team is still feeling the affects. That's it!

All the other sports teams are still considered one of the top level programs in their sport. If anything, it's been covid that has done the most harm.

I wouldn't want to be a fan from any of those schools with scandalous, sexual crimes. I know a guy who's a Baylor alum who still has a problem going to the football games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT