ADVERTISEMENT

Morehead St

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Shouldn't be a whole lot of concern about seeing the flat team we saw Saturday.
The Eagles,sporting that uk blue came in here last year and knocked off the Cards.
First pitch 3:00

Farris or Barrett? Thoughts? I’d rather see the transfer and see Seamus in relief on weekends - just my take.

Reactions: earsky
Ok. Seamus pitched really sell last outing. Hope the bats show up early and loudly. Good opportunity to get a few guys on the mound.

Wondering why we haven't seen Cameron Robinson. He threw well in Florida. Also is Kurtis Reid injured?
Reid is not injured as far as I know. He probably is a Red shirt type guy because of the guys in front of him. He's a good looking prospect though. Saw him in Spring scrimmages.
Robinson and Ferris Bueller probably gonna get some throws today out of the pen.
Coach Mac holding true to things he said in his pre season presser. Lots of shifting with pitchers as they try to get something nailed down before league play.

Reactions: shutterbug
Reid is not injured as far as I know. He probably is a Red shirt type guy because of the guys in front of him. He's a good looking prospect though. Saw him in Spring scrimmages.
Robinson and Ferris Bueller probably gonna get some throws today out of the pen.
Coach Mac holding true to things he said in his pre season presser. Lots of shifting with pitchers as they try to get something nailed down before league play.

Thanks. Glad to see Moose get the start today. Maybe he can work his way into a weekend start with a good outing.

Reactions: earsky
Even if Moose is a mid week starter,that would be great to see.Lots of big mid week games on the schedule and you really need 4 guys that you can go with once you get into post season.
Still hoping to see Seed soon.

Focus. These guys are seemingly struggling with keeping their focus at the plate. Hate to say it…but, Usher needs to sit.

Reactions: shutterbug
This is nothing like Louisville baseball we've seen the last decade. No scary hitters or dominant pitchers. Defense seemingly not able to make big plays and a lack of plate discipline.

Through 6 innings, Morehead state looks like the Cardinals more than the Cardinals. Getting key hits, including 2 out RBI's. Making big defensive plays and making big pitches with their bullpen.

Cards look like they're going through the motions. One positive is the Cards have a slew of nice young arms. Team needs to find a offensive identity.

Reactions: Bardman
Synder needs to be done after this season. They are terrible at the plate. Zero plate discipline. Same issue as last year. Free swinging.

Never been a fan. Too many running issues at 3B.

CARDS WIN!!
Finally shut up that obnoxious big blue wannabe in the stands.
HA!

Thought Moose looked pretty good after the rough start. He really settled down and pounded the zone. Morehead seeing him third time through the lineup enough to bring on the change

Reactions: Bardman
A walk off homer! We don't get many of those around here. The last one was in 2016. I have to admit, I watched the game up to the 9th inning. It was just another blah outing. I even told myself when I turned it off, "they'll probably win now." And they did. I guess I'll not watch more often.

watched the game up to the 9th inning. It was just another blah outing. I
Don't feel bad
I was out there and left in the 8th inning like the folks in the Progressive commercials. Lol
Between feeling like you about the ho hum way I was feeling and a couple of belligerent Morehead fans,we decided to get out,hoping that somehow that might change the Card's luck.
Heard Sean's call on the radio. I guess we'll have to start leaving early all the time.😊

Good for those of you who made it out to the park; at least you showed up; I turned the TV on right when the bottom of the 9th started. I expected another disappointing loss, but the single gave me just enough encouragement to watch the end.

One early observation about this young offense …… whole lot of “long outs”, and while they are still just outs, making solid contact is a good indication that most of these kids are maintaining good fundamental eye contact with the ball. I believe that is essential for any hitter to improve their batting average over time.

Metzinger really swinging a pretty good bat right now. The play at 3rd base in the seventh was quite remarkable and painful at the same time. He barreled that one as well and the 3rd baseman just made a great play.
You don't have to be spectacular at the plate all the time,just steady. We need to get a few more guys to the point where they are at least steady.

Reactions: Louismetz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT