ADVERTISEMENT

Maverick Rowan

Jun 17, 2012
Is apparently reclassifying to 2015. He released a list of 6 schools he was considering a few weeks ago and apparently has narrowed that down to 4 but hasn't said which 4 they are. Louisville is the only school he has visited so far but he is visiting St. John's soon I think. Would be icing on the cake if the Cards could add him this season

3h3 hours ago
Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
The possibility of Maverick Rowan reclassifying to 2015 isn't new. What is new is that he's "in the process" of doing it.

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
Maverick Rowan will be taking summer classes in order to go forth with his reclassification.

It would be great if he picks the Cards, but he is running out of time to choose. I won't be surprised either way what Rowan decides.

I think we get him and this is why Pitino keep the scholarship open
Maybe, but even if this all works out, I don't expect much from this kid immediately. He'll need to adjust to the college game like most true college freshmen. He isn't on any type of OAD list that I've seen. He's a top 30 recruit which is solid. I just want people to curb their enthusiasm for this kid so they aren't thinking he'll be an immediate impact. Odds are he won't be.

I would think we would be the team to beat since we were the ones who went after him so hard and talked him into reclassifying for this year. Chris Mullins might do a great job at St. John's but he has to prove it and Pitino has already proven he is a great college coach. I know Rowan's dad has a past that is connected with Mullins but that connection isn't always the best for the kid. There have been a lot of players in the past that our coaches or University has had a connection with but it didn't do us any good.

John Ramsey just said on his show that his source told him Pitino isn't recruiting Rowen any longer. Strange

That is strange since he was listed as one of Louisville's top targets 2 days ago, maybe you are right maybe St. John's is a done deal.

The train is rolling with or without Rowan. Good luck to him, wherever he chooses.

Pitino isn't going to wait on a guy of Rowan's caliber. If he was Top Five, you'd see us remain patient. But we're not waiting to see if he picks us over St. Johns.

No lost sleep (for me anyway), and so you move on...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT