ADVERTISEMENT

LPT playing home-and-home with Southern Miss...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
There are press releases out there if you want to look for them. As I understand, the game's at LPT in 2016 and at USM in 2017.

I applaud LPT for scheduling a road OOC opponent besides U of L, and against a legit program historically. In most years, Southern Miss would have dismantled LPT in football. But they're on harder times, and we can only hope that they get things back on track in time for the game in 2016.

Before we give LPT too much credit, though, understand that they probably had to scramble to find an opponent when UAB (temporarily) shut down its football program. My guess is it won't derail the LPT game plan of trying to schedule easy OOC wins to make a bottom-rung bowl game every decade or so.

LPT Football: We're really mad at Alabama-Birmingham...

There are press releases out there if you want to look for them. As I understand, the game's at LPT in 2016 and at USM in 2017.

I applaud LPT for scheduling a road OOC opponent besides U of L, and against a legit program historically. In most years, Southern Miss would have dismantled LPT in football. But they're on harder times, and we can only hope that they get things back on track in time for the game in 2016.

Before we give LPT too much credit, though, understand that they probably had to scramble to find an opponent when UAB (temporarily) shut down its football program. My guess is it won't derail the LPT game plan of trying to schedule easy OOC wins to make a bottom-rung bowl game every decade or so.

LPT Football: We're really mad at Alabama-Birmingham...

Zipp, ditto the USM former days!I hope Uk gets the in poring down sloopy rain!

Last edited:
Brett Favre is not walking through that door.
Assuming they can get their coaching act together, USM doesn't need an NFL Hall of Fame QB to beat LPT. A team of Mississippi kids will easily get the job done.

LPT Football: Well, can we have Favre then?...

Assuming they can get their coaching act together, USM doesn't need an NFL Hall of Fame QB to beat LPT. A team of Mississippi kids will easily get the job done.

LPT Football: Well, can we have Favre then?...

Yep, lol! :D

No doubt. Southern Miss would give even U of L's best teams a run. And I think they hold the all time series edge against us.

On the flipside, Ron Cooper was 2-1 against LPT.

LPT Football: We needed an OOC game bad...

No doubt. Southern Miss would give even U of L's best teams a run. And I think they hold the all time series edge against us.

On the flipside, Ron Cooper was 2-1 against LPT.

LPT Football: We needed an OOC game bad...

Isn't that a laughy?

I would like more games with UL as well as SEC Kentucky and any other top flight teams willing to come to the Rock. This series does take a lot of the sting out of having to sell the Nebraska game to pay to fire ELLLLLLLLLLLLOS Johnson.

I would like more games with UL as well as SEC Kentucky and any other top flight teams willing to come to the Rock. This series does take a lot of the sting out of having to sell the Nebraska game to pay to fire ELLLLLLLLLLLLOS Johnson.

I dunno. UK is loaded with talent and year 2014 has it! If Stoops is the man then it will def. show during year 3! The new OC from WVU has experience as OC with B12, but WVU is not the WVU it was while in the BEast!

Combined, the two teams are 13-59 the last three seasons. Losers enjoy each other's company, I suppose. Speaking of Southern Miss, that lunatic poster of theirs hasn't been around in some time. His moniker was in homage to Clarence Witherspoon. Total nut bag.

The best thing about this story is that the USM poster who goes by Clarence Weatherspoon (again the rivals moniker, not the basketball player from teh 80) will be on the UK site. That dude was hilarious and I can see the Cayut fans getting all worked up over him, chanting SEC SEC at him, whatever.

The Ron Cooper 2-1 record is interesting and really frames up how bad Kragthorpe was. Cooper's teams were recruited to play at the Fairgrounds for a team that was an independent or C-USA member, while Krag's teams were recruited to play at PJCS to play for a team that was an AQ BCS member. Cayuts were SEC the whole time, still, Cooper goes 2-1 and Krag 0-3. I digress, but that's interesting and I hadn't thought about it that way until I saw that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT