ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Recruiting.

SchmidtyNole

5000+
Feb 19, 2007
Looks like you guys are on fire in recruiting. #20 right now. 20 commitments already in July. I was looking at your commitment's offer sheets. You guys are going into Georgia and getting guys that Georgia and Georgia Tech both want. You are going into South Carolina and getting guys that South Carolina wants. You are going into Tennessee and getting guys that Tennessee and Vanderbilt both want.

A perfect illustration of this is Jawon Pass, the recent QB commitment you guys got from Georgia. This kid had offers from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, LSU, Miami, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri, UNC, NC State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas A&M and Wisconsin, and Virginia Tech.

See, I never go just by the Rivals rankings when determining how well a school is recruiting. I mainly go by the offers that each recruit has. I see what other schools also offered the commitment. That tells me if other schools evaluated the kid the same way our school did. And make no mistake about it, the offer lists of the commitments are very impressive. Maybe not at an Alabama or FSU level but certainly at an elite level.

And recruiting rankings and offer sheets don't determine wins and losses when those recruits get to campus, they are just a starting point. But it takes talent to win big and no doubt the Cards are getting some great talent.

Right now we look good, but I'll have to wait until Feb 3 to get really excited.

Regardless, CBP's track record tells me he'll make something out of whatever we get. But if this class holds together, or gets better, he will make something special.

I want to add something more than a mere golf clap to FSU for backing our entry into the ACC.

41a9db08cf551dc6326ccc63568253a2.jpg

That alone has put some jet fuel into an organization which has always had to beat the bushes for athletes and, if I may, have done it well enough. Our coaches are now emboldened to take on anybody and it seems to be working.

With the NFL successes we've been having, I think they are thinking of The Next Step because they seem to have a grip on developing ballplayers.

SchmitdyNole, we are proud to be a part of the ACC and we appreciate all the support we received from FSU. Membership into the ACC will really help us get to the next level.

Reactions: pervisl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT