ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Louisville official visitors for this weekend

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
https://louisville.rivals.com/news/...et-to-visit-louisville-for-the-syracuse-game-

Louisville is set to host five official visitors this week including a four-star running back from Georgia, two uncommitted edge targets, two 2020 commits, and potentially a 3-star offense lineman committed elsewhere.

Marks was a priority target for Louisville earlier in the year but he chose Mississippi State in May. Since then, the Bulldogs have been stealthily one of the worst teams in the Power-Five this season and Marks seems very shaky. Louisville is not alone in their pursuit of the Rivals250 all purpose back who plans to visit Florida the weekend of November 30th when they take on FSU.

Diaby may very well be the number one prospect on Louisville's board. The 6-foot-4, 255-pound prep school edge rusher is expected to compete for a starting spot in year one and that's why the Cards are fighting so hard for his signature. Diaby visited back in June with his teammates Marvin Dallas and Trevor Reid who both committed that weekend. The trio returns this weekend for official visits. Louisville was one of the first Power-Five programs to recognize his talents but over the last month or so WVU, Tennessee, Utah, and Arizona have offered in that order.

In October Wren told me Louisville was his top school and he will be on campus this weekend in an official capacity. He's an early enrollee and I would put him on commit watch but things could get tricky. Diaby, Wren, and Josh Griffis will all be on campus this weekend and I'm not sure there are three spots for edge guys. I know there are two spots for sure so this could be a first come first serve situation.

Trevor Reid recently received a rankings bump in September and for good reason. The 6-foot-5, 200-pound offensive tackle is a fluid athlete who reportedly did a back flip during his visit to S. Floyd over the Summer. The staff is extremely high on him and he should be on campus in May. He will have three years to play two.

Dallas has been one of the more vocal recruiters in this 2020 group and fans should be glad he's accompanying his teammate Yaya Diaby on this trip. Dallas is firmly locked in to Louisville.

Two Florida State commits will be on campus as well.

Thomas Shrader committed to Florida State in July after I projected him to Louisville. On that day I told Louisville fans to monitor the situation and that Louisville would not stop recruiting him. I have heard from two different sources that Shrader is expected to be on campus this weekend but I haven't gotten a hold of him personally. He took an official to Louisville in May so this be an unofficial visit. Shrader and his family are close with FSU offensive line coach Randy Clements. If he doesn't get hired by the new incoming staff Louisville will be in a great position to sign Shrader.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News