ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville offers July star Andrew Jones

Cardiotonic

4000+
Nov 18, 2001
Jody Demling

The University of Louisville basketball staff has offered one of the players who is considered the fastest rising stars in the Class of 2016 after the evaluation periods ended - Andrew Jones. The 6-foot-4 Jones is a four-star guard from Irving, Tx., MacArthur High School.

Andrew Jones' phone has been ringing off the hook.

The 6-foot-4 shooting guard from Irving, Tx., MacArthur High School had a sensational summer evaluation period playing for Pro Skills and has seen his stock rise dramatically.

Evan Daniels of Scout.com said he "helped himself more than anyone" else in the Class of 2016.

Jones reported to Cardinal Authority that he has laded a pair of new offers, including Louisville and Oregon. He said he spoke to U of L assistant coach Mike Balado and landed the offer.

"It's been kind of crazy," he said. "I know a little about Louisville right now, but I'm learning more. I know they just went into the ACC and I know Rick Pitino is a legendary coach."

Jones said he actually "knows a lot about coach Pitino," and reeled off some of the Hall of Fame coaches' history.

"They have an up-and-down style and I love how they let their guards play," Jones said. "I like the system."

Jones, who didn't play in the spring after a knee injury last winter, has been rising since a standout performance in the final two days of the Nike Peach Jam earlier this month. He kept up his elite-level play all summer.

While he reports the two newest offers, Jones also had Arizona, Texas, Virginia and Virginia Tech all offer last week and he also holds offers from Texas A&M, Oklahoma, TCU and several others.

Jones is expected to take a visit to SMU but said no other visits have been set up. But he said on Tuesday that his recruitment is all up in the air at this point because of all the new interest.

"When everything starts to calm down, then I'll see what I need to do," he said.

Andrew Jones

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT