ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville calling on Oak Hill guard

Cardiotonic

4000+
Nov 18, 2001
Jody Demling

Oak Hill Academy standout 2017 point guard Matt Coleman already has 11 offers and is getting serious interest from a bunch of powers, including the University of Louisville. Coleman is in Louisville playing with his Boo Williams AAU team.

p-9fYuixa7g_Hm2.gif

Norfolk, Va., 2017 point guard Matt Coleman said he spoke with University of Louisville assistant basketball coach Kenny Johnson last week and the Cardinals' coach had a message for the prospect.

"He said, 'I need a point guard'," Coleman said. "I told him I was his guy then."

Coleman, who attends Mouth of Wilson, Va., Oak Hill Academy, said he has known Johnson since he was an assistant at Indiana and has a "really good relationship" with the second-year U of L assistant.

"I like their program, it's up-tempo and fast-paced," Coleman said. "They have a lot of fan support and the guards like Terry Rozier and Chris Jones were just allowed to play. They let their guards play and I like that."

Coleman already has offers from Connecticut, Virginia, Indiana, Memphis, VCU, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, Seton Hall, Florida and Texas, while also getting serious interest from North Carolina and Ohio State.

"I'm wide open right now," he said. "I'm just going to let it go and see who wants me."

The 6-foot-1 Coleman is ranked as the No. 22 prospect in the Class of 2017 and checks in as the No. 5 point guard in the class.

Coleman said he expects to hear more from Johnson next week, noting "they could," when asked about an offer.

Awaiting Image
Matt Coleman
Oak Hill Academy / 6'1" / 165 lbs.
  • PositionPG
  • PG Rank5

Jody Demling

Oak Hill Academy standout 2017 point guard Matt Coleman already has 11 offers and is getting serious interest from a bunch of powers, including the University of Louisville. Coleman is in Louisville playing with his Boo Williams AAU team.

p-9fYuixa7g_Hm2.gif

Norfolk, Va., 2017 point guard Matt Coleman said he spoke with University of Louisville assistant basketball coach Kenny Johnson last week and the Cardinals' coach had a message for the prospect.

"He said, 'I need a point guard'," Coleman said. "I told him I was his guy then."

Coleman, who attends Mouth of Wilson, Va., Oak Hill Academy, said he has known Johnson since he was an assistant at Indiana and has a "really good relationship" with the second-year U of L assistant.

"I like their program, it's up-tempo and fast-paced," Coleman said. "They have a lot of fan support and the guards like Terry Rozier and Chris Jones were just allowed to play. They let their guards play and I like that."

Coleman already has offers from Connecticut, Virginia, Indiana, Memphis, VCU, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, Seton Hall, Florida and Texas, while also getting serious interest from North Carolina and Ohio State.

"I'm wide open right now," he said. "I'm just going to let it go and see who wants me."

The 6-foot-1 Coleman is ranked as the No. 22 prospect in the Class of 2017 and checks in as the No. 5 point guard in the class.

Coleman said he expects to hear more from Johnson next week, noting "they could," when asked about an offer.

Awaiting Image
Matt Coleman
Oak Hill Academy / 6'1" / 165 lbs.
  • PositionPG
  • PG Rank5
Good luck getting this guy.

ADVERTISEMENT