ADVERTISEMENT

Local Jacksonville sportcasters...

FloridaCard

1500+
Jun 4, 2001
interviewed Bobby Petrino this afternoon and were highly complementary of him. He was said to be an offensive genius and would like to see him at FSU if Fisher ever departed.

As long as he wins he'll be an attractive hire.

I got to say, I'm not 100% sure the humbled BP is as edgy and great as the A hole uncensored BP.

So we'll see if that holds water.

I don't think this is his last stop.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
As long as he wins he'll be an attractive hire.

I got to say, I'm not 100% sure the humbled BP is as edgy and great as the A hole uncensored BP.

So we'll see if that holds water.

I don't think this is his last stop.
Maybe not his last stop, but CBP will never get an NFL gig again, and UL can bid with almost anybody. It's not like when he left the first time; we are in a P5 conference, and there is really nothing he can do elsewhere he can't do here. If this is not his last stop, I'm thinking he goes down if things don't work out in his second term.

...I got to say, I'm not 100% sure the humbled BP is as edgy and great as the A hole uncensored BP...
That's still a minor concern I have too. I say "minor" because what I saw last year alleviated some of that concern.

I don't want a watered-down version of the original. I want the mean SOB who would bite the head off of someone who didn't execute the way he wanted. "Nice guys finish last."

And unless BP's willing to leave his family behind, I'm not sure he's ever going anywhere...

Reactions: zgrasshopper
Where would he go? Texas? Arkansas? Doubt it. If Bobby were to leave, we would be some very happy fans and in a great position to get another great hire. I just can't see a bad situation unless he did somrthing very stupid and very personal and i think he is past that part of his life. We will see.

I agree with you Zipp I don't think CBP is going anywhere, we are in the ACC against teams with national recognition if you can't win a title in this conference you can't win one anywhere. I also agree with your comment about if he leaves he will be leaving without his family, CBP's family stayed very active in the Louisville community after Bobby left the first. I think this is long term and I am glad for it, I also want CBP to show that fire he had his first stint he showed us some last year when we played sUcK and he had a fistful of jacket from a low life sUcK coach.

That's still a minor concern I have too. I say "minor" because what I saw last year alleviated some of that concern.

I don't want a watered-down version of the original. I want the mean SOB who would bite the head off of someone who didn't execute the way he wanted. "Nice guys finish last."

And unless BP's willing to leave his family behind, I'm not sure he's ever going anywhere...

I hear ya Zippy! That's what I want as well. I want to hear, "They got what they wanted" an a$$ beating!

Zipp, you seem to be in the know, but I think he's only humbled himself with the media and player relations, but during practices and games he's the same mean SOB that we all admire.

He's not going anywhere and this is his last stop like you said.

For the record, the only reason I mention hoping he hasn't lost his edge is it's only natural if one gets humbled to become less of whatever they used to be.

I think overall he did a great job navigating this team through the ACC in year one, we had 3 nice wins and only produced one loss that we'd all agree wasn't expected.

The execution and discipline offensively seemed off and on last year, and the play calling didn't always work out because the plays called were either untimely, the players didn't execute the plays, or a combination of both.

I think the transition to a P5 league produced some tougher than expected ball games (WF, SYR, NC St) from perceived down programs and maybe as a fan I was thinking "let's get blowouts" in error - it doesn't always work like that.

For the record, the only reason I mention hoping he hasn't lost his edge is it's only natural if one gets humbled to become less of whatever they used to be.

I think overall he did a great job navigating this team through the ACC in year one, we had 3 nice wins and only produced one loss that we'd all agree wasn't expected.

The execution and discipline offensively seemed off and on last year, and the play calling didn't always work out because the plays called were either untimely, the players didn't execute the plays, or a combination of both.

I think the transition to a P5 league produced some tougher than expected ball games (WF, SYR, NC St) from perceived down programs and maybe as a fan I was thinking "let's get blowouts" in error - it doesn't always work like that.
The execution had nothing to do with Petrino and his edge, and everything to do with a new coaching staff and three very inexperienced and young qb's. Our play calling under Petrino requires qb's to get them out of plays that won't work against a d they weren't expecting on a given play. Gardiner was really starting to click before he went down and the other two showed you glimpses of winning leadership and execution. Having real game experience against top competition combined with year two of a great staff, you will see Petrino game calling like you remember. Obviously the oline development will have a big impact as well.

The execution had nothing to do with Petrino and his edge, and everything to do with a new coaching staff and three very inexperienced and young qb's. Our play calling under Petrino requires qb's to get them out of plays that won't work against a d they weren't expecting on a given play. Gardiner was really starting to click before he went down and the other two showed you glimpses of winning leadership and execution. Having real game experience against top competition combined with year two of a great staff, you will see Petrino game calling like you remember. Obviously the oline development will have a big impact as well.
^^^^^ ;)

Yep!

I think we still have that. Just a little more polished off the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT