ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk about December 26th at Rupp Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downplaying the annual game against your biggest rival.....simply a pure case of denial.
Who ran to whose message board with news of another soon-to-be-wasted Pitino Lite recruit?

"Elite program", my a$$...

Whenever there's UK news, you know full well it's being discussed here....and not just by UK fans.

Whenever there's UK news, you know full well it's being discussed here....and not just by UK fans.
Isn't that better than some chronic denial which you say is different but we all know is not? Ever visit your own site?

You need to look closer, courier... The first post on your recruit on this message board was by an LPT fan. Cardio posted his "blue holes" thread three hours later in response. And of course, you and your slapd!ck friends have hijacked this thread which had nothing to with the subject.

LPT fans wet their pants when they heard the news and couldn't wait to get here to flap their gums about it. Pathetic wannabes looking for recognition. "Look at me! Look at me!"

The talk about each other's biggest rival is always there... on BOTH boards. Just a simple fact. The denial (described by you as 'chronic') is the undying efforts to downplay the annual basketball game between them. I'm sure the results in those last 8 games has a lot to do with that. The game between UK and uofl on the football field certainly seems to 'matter' to uofl fans. It's pretty reasonable to expect that the game between the 2 schools on the basketball court is just as important to both fanbases, yes?

The talk about each other's biggest rival is always there... on BOTH boards. Just a simple fact. The denial (described by you as 'chronic') is the undying efforts to downplay the annual basketball game between them. I'm sure the results in those last 8 games has a lot to do with that. The game between UK and uofl on the football field certainly seems to 'matter' to uofl fans. It's pretty reasonable to expect that the game between the 2 schools on the basketball court is just as important to both fanbases, yes?
You need to get your "facts" straight. This topic was instigated by LPT fans.

No one downplays anything. A December game is just a December game. Unless you're an LPT fan playing in a Super Bowl. Ask your coach--he knows all about SBs.

I never make a big deal out of beating LPT in any particular game. Find proof otherwise. To make a big deal about it, you have to respect the other team first. How much do I respect LPT at anything?

Really want me to answer that question, courier?

There are UK-related threads here all the time, Zipp. You tend to start quite a few of them.

.....and yes the whole "....but it's their Super Bowl" talk is downplaying at it's finest. It's damage control before another impending loss. Your long history here and 22,000+ plus posts.....if you still contend that you haven't 'celebrated' a win over UK at some point, then be glad you're not Pinnochio.

You need to get your "facts" straight. This topic was instigated by LPT fans.

No one downplays anything. A December game is just a December game. Unless you're an LPT fan playing in a Super Bowl. Ask your coach--he knows all about SBs.

I never make a big deal out of beating LPT in any particular game. Find proof otherwise. To make a big deal about it, you have to respect the other team first. How much do I respect LPT at anything?

Really want me to answer that question, courier?

Here is where you and I absolutely agree, and parallel one another in action. I have never, and will never, celebrate victories in that match-up, for the very reason you state. Its just not that big of a deal.

I remain absolutely dumbfounded that Jesus Christ for 3 (or is that John Calipari for 3? Aren't they the same through the blue lens?), ol' JCfor3 is still allowed to post here.

Moderators, please do your job with this vermin. Permanently.

balderthanu.... what's the issue? Just don't like opposing viewpoints? If this board was nothing but everyone agreeing with each other, it would become pretty boring.

There are UK-related threads here all the time, Zipp. You tend to start quite a few of them.... Your long history here and 22,000+ plus posts... if you still contend that you haven't 'celebrated' a win over UK at some point, then be glad you're not Pinnochio.
You're blurring the distinction, courier. My threads are various potshots at LPT for humor and recreation. They don't celebrate any particular win over LPT because I have no respect for LPT.

[Sidebar: I may celebrate the ineptitude of LPT football. But that comes over many years, involves many teams, and is in direct response to LPT fans who mistakenly see light at the end of a tunnel. Not the same as one December basketball game that's one team's Super Bowl.]

And to prove that Super Bowl point, there was a poll posted on the Premium Board here a couple weeks ago asking which game would you rather win--the LPT basketball or football game? Despite recent results, freaking 95% of the respondents chose the football game. Because a December basketball game means very little. Now, post that same poll on an LPT message board to see what LPT respondents say.

balderthanu.... what's the issue? Just don't like opposing viewpoints? If this board was nothing but everyone agreeing with each other, it would become pretty boring.

*** Take 24 hours off. Just too many thread getting highjacked.
*** Note to a few of OUR posters, the baiting threads are what invites the return baiting and flaming. If you want to jab and engage in disruptive back and forth with rivals, maybe use the "start a conversation" button when you left click on a posters name. That way, you get your kicks, without disrupting threads and topics others may actually want to participate in. Please be courteous of others.

*** You can't post mocking comments (or graphics) towards UofL on this board. Take a couple of days off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that better than some chronic denial which you say is different but we all know is not? Ever visit your own site?
If constant moral victories like "our objectively worse season was more impressive considering our lack of talent" in response to a 1-7 record against a rival to make the case for Rick being a better coach than Cal is not an example of chronic denial, then I'm not sure what is.

UK fans do a lot of annoying things, and they say a lot of unfair things about Louisville. But I don't honestly know that there's a corollary for the wishful thinking that UK is going to mysteriously start sucking or that Cal doesn't know how to coach.

Look, maybe you guys will win this year - it's entirely possible. You have strong talent on your team just like we do, and Rick is a Hall of Famer. But would you really put money on it at this point in time, given the precedent?

Last edited:
If constant moral victories like "our objectively worse season was more impressive considering our lack of talent" in response to a 1-7 record against a rival to make the case for Rick being a better coach than Cal is not an example of chronic denial, then I'm not sure what is.

UK fans do a lot of annoying things, and they say a lot of unfair things about Louisville. But I don't honestly know that there's a corollary for the wishful thinking that UK is going to mysteriously start sucking or that Cal doesn't know how to coach.

Look, maybe you guys will win this year - it's entirely possible. You have strong talent on your team just like we do, and Rick is a Hall of Famer. But would you really put money on it at this point in time, given the precedent?
My point, which you missed by a mile, has nothing to do with this year's game. If you feel your goals and expectations somehow surpass our own, that is entirely your right. If you want to discuss how satisfied I was with last season, then you would be wise to listen. A team whose dramatics included a major roster change late in the season, overcame that problem and discovered a deeper bench than we had even suspected. It was pretty thrilling, really, especially considering we were a free throw away from making the FinalFour. Meanwhile, your vaunted team lost their only game of the season at crunch time, causing some of the longest faces in basketball history.

Please tell us more about how much more fun you had playing in the weakest P5 conference in the country. Remind us too how important the UL series win is to you. While losing to UK matters hugely to a segment of our fans, I'd just as soon can the series. It always comes at an awkward time for us and Rick just doesn't have a lot of fire for the game. Inasmuch as UofL has the most recent National Championship of all the teams in the state, I'm actually happy with Rick's aim at what he feels is important.

Oh yet another conference reference. UK didn't lose to any ACC teams either.
Yeah, you intentionally never play many. The two best teams on your schedule this past year were from the ACC.

3 best actually. ND, UofL, and UNC. All finished top 5 in the ACC, but all lost.
Those were the three best teams they played and beat, but ND wasn't on their schedule. They played ND because they had to.

If LPT wanted to play a lotta ACC basketball teams, they should have joined the conference ten years ago when they had a chance. Sure would have helped their football program, not that that was a priority.

"Elite program" my a$$...

Those were the three best teams they played and beat, but ND wasn't on their schedule. They played ND because they had to.

If LPT wanted to play a lotta ACC basketball teams, they should have joined the conference ten years ago when they had a chance. Sure would have helped their football program, not that that was a priority.

"Elite program" my a$$...
Money is the priority - and the SEC has the most of it. Barnhart may be an idiot, but he's not dumb enough to leave that much money on the table.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
So, you're willing to take the LPT side of a debate about the ongoing weakness of their basketball schedule?

So, you're willing to take the LPT side of a debate about the ongoing weakness of their basketball schedule?

UL's upcoming non conference schedule is one of the most brutal I have ever seen.

Realistically, the games in November and December have never met Pitino's criterion of "vital". It can drive UofL fans nutso because it generally means the offense is still working its way through preseason mode in deference to Pitino's obsession with defense - which really pays off during the tough conference schedules we have had for 10 years. Rick coaches for conference success, not for UK's Super Bowl.

I was in favor of dropping this series following the Cousins elbow fiasco. The malevolent "buzz" of pure hatred in Rupp was just a bit too far over the top for my tastes. It will be there again this season, in spades, a sort of dreadful encounter with the worst human emotions.

Of course, it would be awesome to leave with a win - and probably very possible with this version of UK hoops - but anyone counting on it would have to recall the referee intimidation which makes down be up.
Dude - You have bragged about posting on cats pause. Typical UK fan.

Apparently during the season, conference affiliation obviously didn't matter.

Some UK fans come over here and say that almost every year about UofL's OOC schedule. Why should UofL have to schedule a brutal OOC and Conference schedule?

"Why should UofL have to schedule a brutal OOC and Conference schedule?"

....maybe because they have "7 or 8 guys on the roster that will play in the NBA"?

No. I gave you a logical explanation as to why they won't leave the SEC. Any conclusions you have outside of that are part of your own agenda. SEC basketball is weak.

Texas, Kansas, UNC, UCLA, uofl.... even the Buffalo team that made the tourney.... that schedule looks quite a bit more difficult than the OOC schedule uofl has so far this season.

Dude - You have bragged about posting on cats pause. Typical UK fan.
LMAO!! Dam, like a bad penny, here you are. Yeah, bubba gump, I am a UK fan at heart. Fer sure. Aren't you the guy who intimately reported behavior at the UofL tailgates of myself and others and who would never meet a one of us? You acted like your own little FBI, but without pride. I can't even imagination any other man I know who would do that.

"And UK's conference schedule?"

....what about it? 5 SEC teams were in the tourney last season. (UK, LSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas)

This coming year, LSU is undoubtedly going to be pretty tough, having added Simmons and Blakeney. Not sure about the rest at this point. Not sure what Florida has left after Donavan's departure, if Bruce Pearl will have Auburn any better in year 2, what Howland will be able to do at Miss St., or if Barnes will help improve Tennessee. Too early to tell.

I'm a UK fan and I will say it - last year was absolutely a disappointment the way it ended. If you had told me prior to the season starting that we would get to 38-0 and lose to an inferior team in the final four, our you can take your chances - I'm taking the latter. Cal was schooled in the Wisky game.

It has nothing to do with playing a weak conference schedule or freshmen caving under pressure or anything like that. UK should have won that game going away, but they took the air out of the ball with a 60-56 lead on 3 straight possessions. Get one score there and they probably win. But instead, they dribble it around for 30 seconds and come up empty. That's on Cal.

I'm a UK fan and I will say it - last year was absolutely a disappointment the way it ended. If you had told me prior to the season starting that we would get to 38-0 and lose to an inferior team in the final four, our you can take your chances - I'm taking the latter. Cal was schooled in the Wisky game.

It has nothing to do with playing a weak conference schedule or freshmen caving under pressure or anything like that. UK should have won that game going away, but they took the air out of the ball with a 60-56 lead on 3 straight possessions. Get one score there and they probably win. But instead, they dribble it around for 30 seconds and come up empty. That's on Cal.
Your team did the same thing against UConn a few years ago. The West Virginia game where UK shot 3-32 from 3 and Cousins was brutalized by a 6 foot walk on with a broken shoulder was my favorite. Cal viewed the 1-3-1 gimmick of Huggy's like some scientific discovery gone bad. He's been regularly outcoached at crunch time and my bet is that he always will be - he is not a student of the game, not a gym rat and he gets lazier rather than hungrier.His refusal to study end game antics have cost you guys 3 NC's, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT