ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk about December 26th at Rupp Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be slightly confused as to what your board policies are then. I recall being banned after a back and forth with you, which you engaged in just as extensively as I did, yet you did not get banned. That leads me to believe that I was probably banned for being a UK fan, more-so than breaking any rules, otherwise, you would have been banned as well.
Not farfetched to think that's the case. I was banned from the UNC*** boards after offering my shoulder for them to cry on in consolation for the charges that the NCAA offered up recently.

So, all in all, you may consider my "other face" to be bad, but in all actuality, it's about the same as yours in general. A lot of venom, topped off with insulting somebody's intelligence and the occasional backhanded compliment (how very seldom that makes an appearance).

But is that me being two-faced, or is it simply me having the ability to behave myself when I need to, whereas, you do not? People have something negative to say about a lot of people every once in a while, that's just human nature. It's two-faced if you don't own it.

I'll commend you on this much, Zipp. You don't seem to have that second face that you speak so much about. You're pretty one dimensional. When you speak, everybody expects the typical "LPT" or "Slapd!ck" comments (albeit, it appears that some of your fellow posters are indifferent towards it, and some discourage it) in nearly every post. So thank you for sharing your one and only face with us. It's been such a pleasure.

As for me, as much as I applaud you for "being real" or "keeping it 100", I'm going to stick with my two-faced personality, and just view it as being capable of having a nice conversation with people who I share opposing views from. It would be a dull world if everybody agreed on everything, after all.

Home team posters get more leeway. That's just the way it is. I'd imagine that was the case on most other boards though I correct me if I'm wrong.

"That guy has been banned multiple times and changed his moniker way back from I-can't-recall to escape a ban. "

....nah, just got tired of my old moniker. Thunderdunk had its time, I just decided on a new name. I'm sure I'm not the first to have done so.

Whatever gets you banned here gets you banned. Take that up with management. I didn't have anything to do with it, however. Like the coaches say, "you suspend yourself".

Believe it or not, I get the occasional post here deleted by a moderator. They seldom edit it, I just find it missing. Sometimes they're deleting an entire exchange, but often it's just mine. So don't think even 'zipp' is too big to be disciplined. I don't get a personal message or heads up about it, nor do I complain.

The guy who coined "thin skin has no place on an internet message board" tries to also live by that. Even when it involves a moderator.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Last edited:
Damn, took a day off just when the topic turns to mods and moderating. FTR, you can "start a conversation with any poster (mods included), by left clicking on their name and selecting "start a conversation". And for whatever reason, the rolling laughter emoji is available sometimes, sometimes not.

Damn, took a day off just when the topic turns to mods and moderating. FTR, you can "start a conversation with any poster (mods included), by left clicking on their name and selecting "start a conversation". And for whatever reason, the rolling laughter emoji is available sometimes, sometimes not.

Oh, well then.

At any rate, the thread got a tiny bit off topic.

Meh, varies. Depends if they get labelled as a troll first.

I did post something on Rupps Rafters a while back- basically just saying hey to a poster there- and was cussed at, threatened, and told to GTFO the board by a few other UK posters. Didn't hurt my feelings any, lol, but there was no mod reprimand on there to those posters whatsoever.

Last edited:
The mods seem to be relatively hidden. Not sure if I've actually seen one post in my time over there either.

Generally speaking, LPT mods are paranoid chicken $hits. I guess that may be generously viewed as "relatively hidden".

Ah, they clean up the muck, which is all I ask of them. I don't really care what fans are over there as long as they don't try flaming the entire forum. I always welcome some nice conversation, basketball or football. As I mentioned, I like some other perspective.

Ah, they clean up the muck, which is all I ask of them. I don't really care what fans are over there as long as they don't try flaming the entire forum. I always welcome some nice conversation, basketball or football. As I mentioned, I like some other perspective.
11022547_10153158883460891_186343605722054495_n.jpg

"clean up the muck" is one way to put it. I'd call it more like "protect the blind faithful from an outside opinion".

I visited there after Calipari called 2010 draft night "the greatest day in UK history". I was banned for saying "I'd be pissed about that if I was a UK fan." Gotta make sure the blind faithful continue to be blind and faithful.

Super Bowl.

If you're quoting me, don't forget the rest of the post.

How can it be our "Super Bowl" if we expect to step on the bird-beaks every time we play?
No real nervousness in playing the Tard's anymore...it'll be just another win for UK in this series and another loss for little brudder. Pretty much par for the course.

*** Using Tards will get you banned every time. Tell your friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just got tougher for the Cards to get a W in Rupp in December. 5 Star shooting guard Jamal Murray just picks the Cats. Already pick to go first round in the 2016 NBA Draft. The Rich gets Richer.

Last edited:
It just got tougher for the Cards to get a W in Rupp in December. 5 Star shooting guard Jamal Murray just picks the Cats. Already pick to go first round in the 2016 NBA Draft. The Rich gets Richer.
And your coach will do less with more...West virginia, Uconn, Wisc.

Um you played in the SEC for one thing. Just admit last year was a failure. We were a missed tip I'm from going exactly as far with a much less talented team. Now go away you dolt

Let's see...

LPT fans get what they think is good news. Run to U of L board to strut and spew. Talk about a big time basketball game played in December while everyone else is watching football.

Pitino Lite called it right..."Super Bowl".

Yes it is a huge FAIL, when all season long you blue holes were screaming 40-0 all season. But then again when your coach says that winning a championship wasn't the goal but rather getting players to the NBA was the goal then maybe not !! LOL :rolleyes:

38-1. What was your record? Lol. 4 straight final fours. Enough said.
Only a UK fan would include a loss to Bob Morris in the NIT as part of "4 straight final fours"

The recent inflow if inbreeds is why I'm cool with JC and Rhavicc on this forum. When a 5 is hanging out with 2 and 3's, she starts to look like a 7.

Last edited:
Realistically, the games in November and December have never met Pitino's criterion of "vital". It can drive UofL fans nutso because it generally means the offense is still working its way through preseason mode in deference to Pitino's obsession with defense - which really pays off during the tough conference schedules we have had for 10 years. Rick coaches for conference success, not for UK's Super Bowl.

I was in favor of dropping this series following the Cousins elbow fiasco. The malevolent "buzz" of pure hatred in Rupp was just a bit too far over the top for my tastes. It will be there again this season, in spades, a sort of dreadful encounter with the worst human emotions.

Of course, it would be awesome to leave with a win - and probably very possible with this version of UK hoops - but anyone counting on it would have to recall the referee intimidation which makes down be up.

Reactions: Redfeather
If 38-1 was a 'failure'...please tell me how you describe your team's season.
Do you honestly feel this is some form of bottom line? Face it, that roster should have won it all walking backwards, naked, on broken glass. The wholesale acquisition of NBA-quality recruits has produced 1 NC after entertaining 20+ draftees, including a stunning NIT 1st round burnout, reminiscent of Cal's early days at Memphis. That makes about 10 years of "almosts" - a Buffalo Bills, Minnesota Vikings type of achievement except even more savage to your fan base, unbeknownst to your fan base, because of the overwhelming disparity in talent.

Louisville endured an incredibly poor shooting team with more guts than a street cat, with devastating personnel turnover late, winning some tight games against UNC and Virginia and represented quite well in the tourney, a free throw away from the FF. You, after all that, were one game better. Many UofL fans enjoyed the season results tremendously. Watching you guys and your Pyrrhic existence was a study in hubris gone bad. We had a far better season, with lower expectations being far exceeded, sorry.

Reactions: Redfeather
"You, after all that, were one game better"

Actually 2 games.... 58-50 was the score in the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT