ADVERTISEMENT

Late Monday Night.

FredCard

No-Ranking Prospect
Nov 22, 2022
Well, it is a late Monday night. I have been a fan for over 50 years. Yeah, I will admit that I am old. The state of our basketball program is the lowest in my lifetime. This should not be tolerated! Kenny Payne might be a nice guy, but he can't coach! I hope the powers that be understand that we are done. I will not put myself through the games anymore. I will always cheer for the Cards! But I can't watch the horrible coaching of our team. Sadly, I am finished.

I’ve been a fan since the early 70’s. My mom was ate up with the Cards and Denny and we had such a good time sharing our love of the team. I’ve been a solid supporter all my adult life. Never, NEVER would I have expected to see our program so low. Not after Karen Sipher, not after the dorm strippers, not after getting left out of the Big XII, not after the firing
of Pitino and Jurich. I always knew we would bounce. We were a good program. But, once the BOT was gutted and the Athletic Dept. was reduced to know-nothings we were left without the resources needed to recover. Right now, KP or not, I see no end in sight for this nightmare. Unfortunately, we don’t have a Jeff Brohm to rescue us on the MBB side.

i am in the same sinking boat. i am still trying to figure out why we went for a layup when we were down by 3 with seconds left in the game.
why players can't get their hands up on 3 point shots?

i look for hope. but today we are 16.5 point underdogs to Pittsburgh! it's tough knowing we are not going to win. we will give up the same wide open 3 point shots.

I’ve been a fan since the early 70’s. My mom was ate up with the Cards and Denny and we had such a good time sharing our love of the team. I’ve been a solid supporter all my adult life. Never, NEVER would I have expected to see our program so low. Not after Karen Sipher, not after the dorm strippers, not after getting left out of the Big XII, not after the firing
of Pitino and Jurich. I always knew we would bounce. We were a good program. But, once the BOT was gutted and the Athletic Dept. was reduced to know-nothings we were left without the resources needed to recover. Right now, KP or not, I see no end in sight for this nightmare. Unfortunately, we don’t have a Jeff Brohm to rescue us on the MBB side.
Damn. Didn’t even think of it like that. I really hope I get to see another title in my lifetime. I’m a huge cubs fan, perhaps maybe even more so than a Louisville basketball fan (possibly, not confirmed). I know what it’s like to watch poverty over and over and over again. For some reason, those 108 years without a World Series title doesn’t feel anywhere close to as long as it feels since Louisville was in the NCAA tourney.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
I’m in the boat too, but love the water, got a nice wetsuit, and love to swim….

I do cringe every time I watch El drive to the basket one on three and shoot the ball into the armpit of whichever defender is 9 inches taller than he is. He’s only averaging 4.1 turnovers per game, but if those shots counted as turnovers like they should, he’d have 20 double-doubles this year.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Like everyone else, I'm finding it hard to believe this rock bottom is going to be short lived. I shudder at the thought of not being in the big dance for 10 years. It just doesn't seem real.

But at the same time, unexpected events can turn fortunes around very quickly in the sports world. The one thing Louisville basketball still has is its facilities. Some coach none of us are even remotely thinking about could suddenly be in the picture.

With 20,000+ fans at the Yum center eager to get back to elite status, it's a very attractive position for a coach who knows what he's doing. And just like that, excitement and anticipation is back.

It may take a couple more years but it will happen as long as college basketball is revelant in this upside down country. More and more people are not able to afford what they need. UofL basketball is already there.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
I started going to games with my dad when Peck Hickman was coaching (interesting aside, his daughter was my third grade teacher)… and I’m in utter disbelief at the disaster this program has become. I NEVER dreamed I’d see a Louisville team give so little effort or play with so little heart as we have seen this season. It is just unfathomable to me… I hope it is to the AD as well… we MUST have change in the off-season!

Reactions: 2330859 and Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT