ADVERTISEMENT

Just Hang in there you will know the direction soon...

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
Is all this ok? Are they going to say it's part of the process? Try to gaslight the fans? We're going to find out.

The perfect season would of course be something other than this. But who wants a gray area after last season? Make it obvious one way or the other. If they stay the course that gives you the exit ramp option and I don't think you'd have to beat yourself up over it. You can also hang in with it and just hope for a miracle if you want to do that too.

Or, they make a change and say this isn't ok.

It will be Spring soon.

I have no idea what UofL's admin will choose to do, I have zero inside info. But one thing that is obvious, barring a miracle late season run, the fans as a group are not coming back to the Yum for Kenny.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Never say never but 90% chance there is a new coach next year. The great news is anything and I mean anything would be better than this.

Best case scenario whomever they hire makes it to the NCAA tournament. He embraces Louisville starts winning in the recruiting world. That would give everyone hope there are better days are ahead.

I think the right guy can do that but have no clue who that would be.

Holloway or Forbes wouldn’t make me upset.

Reactions: shadow force
You would think any other coach would have won more than 10 games over the last 2 years with the players we've had. Where they the best players? No. They weren't the worst either but statistically and wins/losses they were in P5. Like stated above, restaurants and bars losing money on game day. All the little things that go along with attending the games that contribute to the economy are taking a hit. All of those losing out are going to make those points when it's decision time. If he stays then it's an intentional drive to make UL basketball irrelevant, if it already hasn't.

You would think any other coach would have won more than 10 games over the last 2 years with the players we've had. Where they the best players? No. They weren't the worst either but statistically and wins/losses they were in P5. Like stated above, restaurants and bars losing money on game day. All the little things that go along with attending the games that contribute to the economy are taking a hit. All of those losing out are going to make those points when it's decision time. If he stays then it's an intentional drive to make UL basketball irrelevant, if it already hasn't.
Yes, any other coach could have achieved more with the same players…a lot more! I’d go so far as to say that anyone else would have to deliberately throw games to have this bad of a record.

IF Payne comes back for year 3 and still nothing changed, do you think he would be fired mid season this time?

I really don't want to contemplate another year of this horrid basketball. My sports soul couldn't take it.

Reactions: CardsFirst
IF Payne comes back for year 3 and still nothing changed, do you think he would be fired mid season this time?

I really don't want to contemplate another year of this horrid basketball. My sports soul couldn't take it.
Who knows for sure with such a chaotic situation. My guess is if he gets a Year 3, he gets the whole year.

• Sad
Reactions: shadow force
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT