ADVERTISEMENT

ITS GREAT TO BE A CARDINAL ALUMNI & FAN

CardinalStan

One-Star Poster
Oct 28, 2011
I began following UofL basketball the Fall Semester of 1971. That happened to be Denny Crum's first year at UofL. His style of play perked my interest. Bobby Knight started at Indiana the same year. I want to give some credit to some of the old guard. The UofL basketball program with its success was able to support all of the other programs at UofL. So thank you Peck Hickman, John Dromo, and Denny Crum. The nenaissance that UofL is still in should be credited to Howard Schnellenberger. Howard had a vision of what UofL could become and that dream became infectious throughout UofL. Bill Olson our former athletic director also deserves alot of credit. He was an assistant coach with Denny and was part of the 1980 championship team. Bill and Howard got our football stadium built. Thank you Bill and Howard. This renaissance has spread to academics, student life, and all of the other sports programs. I began attending UofL in 1980 and boy has the campus changed since then. Its awesome. We don't claim to be number one in just one sport. We are the among the best of the best in all sports.

Reactions: SoulSr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT