ADVERTISEMENT

It’s game week!

Liable to see a little bit of everything this weekend. The fellas have to scrap their way to victory.

Go Cards!

I hear Coach right in the presser? All three opponents this weekend were in the NCAA Tournament last season?
Anybody else hear that?

I feel like Poland and Keuhner (spl?) can be very solid. They don’t have to be superstars - just need to be consistent and keep the team in games. I believe CDM has a lot of bullpen options. Comes down to - can this group hit the ball, again, consistently. I believe last year was an anomaly and this group will come back strong.

Reactions: earsky
I hear Coach right in the presser? All three opponents this weekend were in the NCAA Tournament last season?
Anybody else hear that?
Charlotte is going to be a really tough game to start out with. They were good last year and brought back the primary bulk of that team. #24 David McCabe hit .338 last year and is the preseason player of the year in the C-USA. They have a ton of uncertainty pitching, so hopefully the guys can jump on them early.

With a little research,yes all three of these teams were in the field of 64.
South Florida caught fire late,won their conference tournament and proceeded to win the Florida Regional. Texas took them down in the Super.
Charlotte and UConn both knocked out in Regional play.
This is looking like quite a good round robin tournament.

Also from the presser last week, we'll probably see most of the pitching staff that's on the roster(what roster😉) pitch over 3 days this weekend because maximum pitch counts will be lower than they will be a month from now and so forth.
We should get a look at most or all of our healthy pitchers this weekend.

Reactions: Bardman
Also from the presser last week, we'll probably see most of the pitching staff that's on the roster(what roster😉) pitch over 3 days this weekend because maximum pitch counts will be lower than they will be a month from now and so forth.
We should get a look at most or all of our healthy pitchers this weekend.
That’s not Williams typical game plan. He likes to go deep with starters and I remember one year Funkhouser (I think) went over 100 pitches first game of the season. Of course that was when we probably started off against a SEC team.

That’s not Williams typical game plan. He likes to go deep with starters and I remember one year Funkhouser (I think) went over 100 pitches first game of the season. Of course that was when we probably started off against a SEC team.
Yeah I don't know but CDM did say that they would have lower pitch counts. Interesting point.

MLB has started trending away from the typical starter that goes 7 innings plus. I wonder if college baseball will adopt the same methodology? All these analytics and I am not recognizing the America’s game like I used to.

I just thought for some reason,maybe they were just bringing them along slower. Idk
I guess I was thinking they always did that,but yeah something they've just started since last year.
I would've thought they were going with Lohman on Friday night going into Spring and CDM sounded like he would be a middle guy that might just stay in til the end.
Should be interesting to see how this staff shapes up in these first 20 games.

I am of the thinking this points to (1) No superstars (not a problem in my mind) (2) Initial caution based on all the injuries last year (I think they don’t feel the need to push anyone early on) (3) Fewer inning stints may allow pitchers to realize success which breeds confidence. I believe there are a lot of options and the staff is wanting to see who can step on the mound and consistently pounding the strike zone while also not throwing pitches right down the gut giving up big hits. Once that works itself out we should see some settling in with the pitchers.

Yeah,we don't have Miller and Detmers running out there for their Junior year campaigns. There are obviously some talented newcomers and probably some restraint at this point. Kinda like the position players,guys will earn what's to come by league play time.
We just have to carve out wins in the process. Should be fun watching this group flying under the radar come together to compete for a league Championship.

The game no longer looks like it will be on ESPN+ and I’m not sure if it will be streamed at all anymore. Anybody know anywhere that you can watch it or is it audio only?

Did the times change? Masterman told me today they're playing at 9AM Sunday morning.

Wish we knew which players are actually going to be on this roster.
I think all these guys that were scrimmaging are all gonna be on it.
If it's not out by Friday I'll try to put some names with numbers of the new faces.

Reactions: Bardman
The game no longer looks like it will be on ESPN+ and I’m not sure if it will be streamed at all anymore. Anybody know anywhere that you can watch it or is it audio only?
Doesn't make any sense. You'd think that if one was on+ they'd all be.

Reactions: Jgrimes1320
F+ to whomever is in charge of updating the roster and 2022 media guide. I've looked around, and other programs are all set. Here we are in obscurity. Stuff like that helps build excitement, grows the fan base. Let's go, UofL.

Doesn't make any sense. You'd think that if one was on+ they'd all be.
Someone on Twitter suggested that USF, as host, got to decide which game each day would be televised. Not surprisingly, they picked the 3 games they are playing in.

No clue why that limitation would be there. Maybe having to pay announcers for 2 games and potential down time between games?

F+ to whomever is in charge of updating the roster and 2022 media guide. I've looked around, and other programs are all set. Here we are in obscurity. Stuff like that helps build excitement, grows the fan base. Let's go, UofL.
This is not a new phenomenon. McD is always pretty tight-lipped (think Belichek) about rosters, travel rosters, injuries, etc. I think he considers it a competitive advantage making it harder to scout -- particularly early in the year. I agree that has to be balanced against the support of the program he also seems to be advocating for (rightly so).

BTW - got the email that Season Tix are available in the app now.

This is not a new phenomenon. McD is always pretty tight-lipped (think Belichek) about rosters, travel rosters, injuries, etc. I think he considers it a competitive advantage making it harder to scout -- particularly early in the year. I agree that has to be balanced against the support of the program he also seems to be advocating for (rightly so).

BTW - got the email that Season Tix are available in the app now.
I'm asking for basic roster information, player bios, etc., not the starting lineup or pitching rotation. The roster and media guide were released on 2/17 last year. Here we are, one day before game day...

I'm asking for basic roster information, player bios, etc., not the starting lineup or pitching rotation. The roster and media guide were released on 2/17 last year. Here we are, one day before game day...
It just went up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT