ADVERTISEMENT

Is the expansion of the stadium his swan song?

kozmas

4000+
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2011
Tom Jurich said the expansion of the football stadium would be his last project at UL, is he getting ready to retire? I was wondering if anyone has heard something I missed, I would really hate to see him leave he seems young enough for a few more years.

Tom Jurich said the expansion of the football stadium would be his last project at UL, is he getting ready to retire? I was wondering if anyone has heard something I missed, I would really hate to see him leave he seems young enough for a few more years.

He's been a heck of an A.D. for your school. He's got the Midas Touch when it comes to hiring coaches. Visionary too!
Jack Swarbrick is the first really good A.D. at ND since Moose Krause retired in 1980.

I haven't heard that name in a long time, there used to be an umpire at the St. Matthews Little League Baseball back in the 60's named Moose Krause

He is going out with Pitino in 2026. So we have 10 years. If Pitino leaves before that he might leave then so as to let next AD get his guy. I look for him to pick a pool of his possible successors. Then the decision will be from whoever the president is. I think it will come from someone in the department. Someone who has been entrenched in the Louisville culture.

I don't think it will be anyone currently at Louisville but it's a long ways off so let's enjoy the ride coming up

This is what I would like to see in the Stadium Expansion/Renovation:

If possible wider concourses...even more Restrooms...a even Better Scoreboard/Jumbotron...All new Chair Back Seats that will not fade...and steal this from the NFL San Francisco 49ers Levi Stadium...their WiFi Internet Service...

Papa John's Cardinal Stadium Upgrade that I would LOVE to See...hey I can dream...this is Levi Stadium in the Bay Area...they figured it out:

WiFi

Speaking of the on-field action, 49ers vice president of technology Dan Williams said he and his crew noticed a dip in engagement during the team’s preseason game against the Chargers. As the product on the field gets better, he said, fans will naturally be more inclined to stow their smart phones.

But the devices themselves and speedy rate at which users can consume data inside of the stadium is meant to enhance the in-venue experience.

And many are already taking advantage.

Here are some figures and facts:

• 400 miles of cabling, 70 of which are for WiFI
  • 1,200 access points, 600 of which support the 45,000-seat lower bowl
  • 1 access point to every 100 seats within the bowl
  • Levi’s® Stadium became the first stadium to carry 40 Gb/s of Internet capacity
  • At peak during the 49ers-Broncos preseason game, there 20,000 concurrent users, or an average of 15,000 for the afternoon
Mobile App

Levi’s® Stadium business operations director Chris Giles explained that he and his team sought to create three types of core features within the application: ticketing and parking, food and beverage service and high-quality video replays in addition to a tie-in with the 49ers fan loyalty program, Faithful 49.

Some interesting notes from Giles:

• 80,000 app downloads thus far
  • Half of all season-ticket holders have linked their ticket account within the app
  • During the 49ers-Chargers game, 1,000-plus food-and-drink deliveries were made in a 10-to-12 minute range after a given order was placed (the goal is to be under 20 minutes)
  • Many fans are taking use of express pick-up lines at concession stands

It is a tricky quote, he said it would be the last thing he does here as far as expansion to the stadium. I took it to meant that the stadium expansion would be his last project here, I also think Mark Jurich is being groomed for the job. I have no objections to that because TJ would be a great consultant for him.

It is a tricky quote, he said it would be the last thing he does here as far as expansion to the stadium. I took it to meant that the stadium expansion would be his last project here, I also think Mark Jurich is being groomed for the job. I have no objections to that because TJ would be a great consultant for him.

Its about time for Mark to head off and be an AD first at a smaller school. Then after some experience learned being the boss, he can come back. When Mark does that, then you know TJ is in the last stretch here IMHO. But so far, Mark shows the ability to raise money and do it well.

We also have at least one more expansion of Patterson Family Stadium and I think a permanent home for Volleyball as well. No talk of a Volleyball venue mind you, its just me throwing that into the mix. Its a possible venue for the old Silos Site.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT