ADVERTISEMENT

Is that John Calipari .......................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, 33% had to go, now you want to split hairs on Tubby but he went to find a new gig on his own cause the milk went sour. "I want to go somwehere I'm wanted" he said during his Minny presser. So it's 50% that hit the road that had some problems. Please don't pretend that the fanbase wanted Tubby to stay - they didn't. "10 loss Tubby" and his "Tubby Ball" wasn't cutting it for fans - he wasn't going to change his approach so he took a dive on the sword for the program he loved to avoid the lurking mess that would have been had he returned.

Even if I were to just concede Tubby as not part of the pattern of coaches getting ran (even though he did) you're still hitting no worse than 33% on hires that didn't work out, 50% if you want to smell the coffee on 10 loss Tubby. "They were Rick's players!" they say.

Memories.

"split hairs on Tubby"... when it's a FACT that he started working with an agent to land a new gig, how is that 'splitting hairs'. He saw the writing on the wall and knew it was time to move on.

I could say the same about Denny couldn't I? He wasn't retiring or going anywhere at the time was "ran off" was he? So what % of coaches getting "ran off" is that for uofl?

"split hairs on Tubby"... when it's a FACT that he started working with an agent to land a new gig, how is that 'splitting hairs'. He saw the writing on the wall and knew it was time to move on.

I could say the same about Denny couldn't I? He wasn't retiring or going anywhere at the time was "ran off" was he? So what % of coaches getting "ran off" is that for uofl?

No you couldn't. I mean you could say anything I guess, but not in terms of making any sound points.

We were all very happy with the tenure Crum had here. Multiple titles with his own players and countless FFs - a HOF pedigree. Sorry guy it's just not apples and oranges comparing Denny w/ Tubby you just need to let that go.

UofL is batting 2 for 2 with HOF coaches in the last 40 years. We haven't had a hire we didn't love. It's hard to believe you're going here, but really it isn't because you clearly live in a phone booth.

This guy is really coming at us with Denny Crum. I mean yeah you're changing the topic to something else and that's what you guys seem to do best.

I'm going back to the point you couldn't refute - UK fans were not happy with the tenure Tubby had while in Lexington, bottom line. He won with somebody else's players and faded to also ran status quickly.

You guarantee more winning no matter who the hire - because you claim that's what the history shows. I simply pointed out history shows something more, there have been a few crap hires @ UK, one very recent. You can't seem to handle that in stride, and I can understand. Most message board posters refuse to accept another way of looking at something.

I mean, wtf is your argument dude? You said you guarantee you know the future I simply pointed out some facts of the past. I point out a couple clowns that were employed @ UK and you are saying "that won't happen again!" - ok man since you know the future go play the lottery and find something else to do other than this.

Who cares really in the end you don't care what I say and I don't care what you say.

***Alright JC for 3, I've deleted some parts of your comments today to keep the discussion civil. You're making it hard now. Give it a rest for a while. Come back tomorrow please.

Last edited by a moderator:
...now that the Cavs have made the finals, it's incredibly doubtful that Cal receives any phone calls....

...now that the Cavs have made the finals, it's incredibly doubtful that Cal receives any phone calls....
No NBA team wants Cal and his lousing coaching skills what a joke, most UofL fans are praying that he stays at uk !! He is getting ready to go double digit losses for the rest of his time at ukay......you blue holes will be calling for his head by the end of the end of the 2017 season !

"Praying that he stays"??? The glaring examples of the hopes of card fans for him to leave have been on this board every year after the NCAA tournament.

"Double digit losses for the rest of his time at UK"?? Well, I think his contract runs up to 2021, maybe 2022. 10 losses by then would be really, really, good. (2-3 per year avg.)

"Praying that he stays"??? The glaring examples of the hopes of card fans for him to leave have been on this board every year after the NCAA tournament.

"Double digit losses for the rest of his time at UK"?? Well, I think his contract runs up to 2021, maybe 2022. 10 losses by then would be really, really, good. (2-3 per year avg.)
LOL..the NCAA will come a knocking before 2021...

You wouldn't be you without that wishful thinking. 6 years have come and gone....and 2 contract extensions.

You wouldn't be you without that wishful thinking. 6 years have come and gone....and 2 contract extensions.
11181814_699287006846270_8425486250642835633_n.jpg

JC for 3 on the UofL message board defending his kitties and his beloved coach........What a typical blue hole joke!!! LMAO
Damn you spend a lot of time posting over here..........a bit obsessed are you ?!!?

JC you say glaring examples of people wanting him gone. I beg to differ. I follow all of the major sports message boards and from what I've seen, most UofL fans are on the fence like me. I'd like Cal to stay only to see him trip over his own words and show his ass over and over again. He belongs at uk. He's a real scumbag who the uk fans deserve considering a large portion of blue fans tow the company line just for a few basketball victories.. The uk administration is as dirty as it has ever been as well. It's a marriage between two filthy pigs but yet I'd also like him to leave. He's a cancer to the college game and his disease has spread to others who think doing it Cal's way has somehow become the norm. Getting him out of the game is like lancing a festering boyle. The uk administration is paying him top dollar because he's giving them what they want, I guy who is willing to do the dirty work to appease the narcisistic masses.

A lot of one-sided opinion there.... pretty absent of fact, though. If the UK Administration was "as dirty as it's ever been" as you say, wouldn't something, anything to back that up have happened by now? The only thing even remotely close was the Kanter situation and he wasn't allowed to play college ball....matter closed. If the NCAA was slinging mud at Cal and UK like you are, maybe you'd have an argument.

So we will just overlook all of the sideshow nonsense that surrounded Bledsoe, Davis, Randal and now Skal...got it. There are more but frankly I don't need to list them all just for a uk fan who's obviously just going to defend it by saying "Because I can't see the obvious, there's no way it happened." I'm not a conspiracy theorist but the shooter from the bluegrassy knoll is a 500 lbs guy with a bazooka. The NCAA is spineless so saying just because they haven't done anything about it is what I fully expect to hear from a uk fan. We're talking about the same NCAA that said it wasn't around during most of the UNC issues so they can't do anything about it now. The same NCAA that is asking UNC to punnish themselves for obvious violations but isn't saying they have to either. Yeah....makes complete sense. uk and Cal ae getting a free pass only because the NCAA has no more power except against the big hitters like Hawaii. GTFO with that nonsense.

You are who we expect you to be. Defend it until you can't. But I will expect an apology on my desk the next morning when the piano falls on your head.

"sideshow nonsense that surrounded Bledsoe, Davis, Randal and now Skal...got it." ...so far, you're on the right path....'sideshow nonsense' is an accurate description because if their had been anything of substance that existed in any of these instances where UK was guilty of any wrongdoing or at fault, the NCAA would have acted on it. Suspicion of guilt know no bounds here toward Cal/UK. I get it....you're our biggest rival fanbase. Until anything you're alleging is actually proven, UK, Cal, or UK fans have nothing to apologize for.

My point is, it won't be another hiring of someone without a long, proven track record. Mitch took a chance with a new "hot commodity" like BCG was at the time and got burned. He won't be making that mistake again.

No he won't make that mistake again. Instead he went for the guy that UK fans loved when he was at Memphis. You know " Honest John" that made cat fans like Matty Bangs root for Kansas to beat him in the NCAA Championship.

Strangely UK fans say that Tom Jurich has a "win at all cost" mentality. Under closer examination though, when Jurich hot hire failed miserably, he followed up the hire with Charlie Strong. When Barnhart's failed, he went after a guy that had two final four appearances vacated because of violations in his program.

Personally I hope "Honest John" stays in Lexington for a long, long time. He has already convinced cat fans that winning championships isn't important and that UK is nothing more than an overnight depot on the way to the NBA.
CJ

"Strangely UK fans say that Tom Jurich has a "win at all cost" mentality."

....well, bringing back Petrino certainly makes that a logical conclusion.

Reactions: ArmyWildcat81
That's quite a reach, cardsp..... you can't possibly be trying to compare the two, would you?

Decaf, cardio. You really should try it. You know full well that there are UK posts on this board all the time by uofl fans. I'm guessing we're not supposed to respond? What fun would that be?

Decaf, cardio. You really should try it. You know full well that there are UK posts on this board all the time by uofl fans. I'm guessing we're not supposed to respond? What fun would that be?
ROTFLMAO !!! You can't help yourself you've got to be the king of the blue holes, a real rube !! Post on, you've got us all laughing, you're just so easy..... count down to your next post 1234........

Decaf, cardio. You really should try it...
How about a real job, courier? One that might discourage you from playing on the internet?
...You know full well that there are UK posts on this board all the time by uofl fans...
This isn't a slapd!ck board. It's a board with LPT posts. Did you understand that as an invite?
...I'm guessing we're not supposed to respond? What fun would that be?
Personally, I don't care. It's always humorous when you do. And don't let this thread die without bringing up a December Super Bowl again.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Time to lock this thread. It's become an exhition of some of the worst in both fan bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT