ADVERTISEMENT

Is it true, is it true?

gocds

15000+
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
UofL baseball on the ACC network at 3 pm today? That’s what I read.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: PHCARD
Of course. Now that Louisville is struggling and losing, the network wants to showcase that.

I will always believe the network didn't like this Midwest team entering the ACC and dominating so they chose not to show the Cards much at all.

Of course. Now that Louisville is struggling and losing, the network wants to showcase that.

I will always believe the network didn't like this Midwest team entering the ACC and dominating so they chose not to show the Cards much at all.
While I believe UofL is not a priority for the ACCN for who knows what reason, the network didn’t launch until 2019, long after UofL joined the conference. I think this is just the third televised game for the Cards on ACCN.

While I believe UofL is not a priority for the ACCN for who knows what reason, the network didn’t launch until 2019, long after UofL joined the conference. I think this is just the third televised game for the Cards on ACCN.
Correction! It'll be the 4th game on ACCN. It would have been the 5th, but the Pitt series was canceled. Also, all three Miami games will be on ACCN to close out the regular season.

Reactions: nccardfan and gocds
Listings on the ACCN website say Akron @ Pitt at 3:00 PM today.
They changed it because they want people to see Louisville lose to a mid major. If the Cards were playing well this game would not be on the network in my opinion.

But the baseball gods still hate them. I have rarely seen a sequence of games where the opponents continually get 90 percent of the seeing eye hits while the exact opposite happens to the Cards.

Today for example, the Cards lose a run because of a ground rule double and the next inning SC Upstate scores on a seeing eye single. This is baseball I know but for a good seven games now the Cards have had way more than their fair share of bad baseball luck.

Reactions: earsky
But the baseball gods still hate them. I have rarely seen a sequence of games where the opponents continually get 90 percent of the seeing eye hits while the exact opposite happens to the Cards.

Today for example, the Cards lose a run because of a ground rule double and the next inning SC Upstate scores on a seeing eye single. This is baseball I know but for a good seven games now the Cards have had way more than their fair share of bad baseball luck.
As I said in the other thread, don't think they've been lucky with the injuries as well. Gonna go ahead and say it's been pitchers.

We won and that’s what matters. We played a solid game. I came away very impressed by our opponent as they are a really good and accomplished team, plus they didn’t ever quit.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: PHCARD and earsky
We won and that’s what matters. We played a solid game. I came away very impressed by our opponent as they are a really good and accomplished team, plus they didn’t ever quit.

GO CARDS!!!
Alright, since you went there,the Catds are one series away from turning this thing around (and just in the knick of time)
High quality opponent coming in with some history (yes, I was at the park 2 years ago when things got chippy)
This is the breakout series... and just in time.
I'll come back and eat crow if they don't look like a different team.
The offense leads the way.

Reactions: gocds and PHCARD
Alright, since you went there,the Catds are one series away from turning this thing around (and just in the knick of time)
High quality opponent coming in with some history (yes, I was at the park 2 years ago when things got chippy)
Damn, I don’t remember chippy. I’ve tried filing through my memory slots and I keep getting stuck in March 2020. Refresh needed earsky. 😑

GO CARDS!!!
I think that was a product of good scouting. A good coach would have told his team that our bullpen was suspect and that sort of held up with Elliott giving up a bomb.

Reactions: gocds
Better get your fork and knife ready for that crow. Miami should feast on the Cards pitching.

Again, I hope I'm wrong but nothing I saw today changes anything about this teams issues. McDonnell had to use his #1 starter to close the game today.

Reactions: gocds and rh62531
Did Galvan just vanish or what? To me, that is part of the frustration...we don’t really get any intel re: injuries or timelines, etc. Little snippets here and there but not much. Overall, I think most comments are spot on. Perkins today...5 walks is what I thought I saw. Wow. Again, our guys can’t throw strikes. When they need to get a strike opponents are jacking balls out of the park.

Damn, I don’t remember chippy. I’ve tried filing through my memory slots and I keep getting stuck in March 2020. Refresh needed earsky. 😑
The last time Miami was here (I think it was 2 years ago) I remember what can best be described as taunting by the Hurricane dugout,which created quite a tense series. I thought it was bush at the time and still do.
I hope it's not like that again,but I'm sure our guys remember.

Reactions: gocds
Better get your fork and knife ready for that crow. Miami should feast on the Cards pitching.

Again, I hope I'm wrong but nothing I saw today changes anything about this teams issues. McDonnell had to use his #1 starter to close the game today.
I'll have it ready. I didn't see anything in yesterday's game either. I'm not going off of that at all.
Let's just say we have the right opponent to get us going tomorrow night. Hope I'm right,but I'll eat crow if I'm not.
Make sure you do the same 🙂

Bringing in Kirian to close was by design, not out of desperation. He’s returning to the bullpen.

Last edited:
Reactions: earsky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT