ADVERTISEMENT

Howie has been fantastic on 93.9 this week

Mar 11, 2009
Has anybody else been listening? I heard Howie filling in for Ramsey on Monday and Wednesday and he's done a great job. He's good at talking about what is relevant to what I care about (UofL Sports) and he is really great with the callers. Even when the caller is bad Howie interacts with them well.

I don't know Howie's schedule, but it would be awesome of he could have a show from the 10-12 hour. That would fill the gap between the morning shows, Valvano at noon and the afternoon shows.

Of all the guys that "fill in" when hosts take off, I have always thought that Howie was the best. This includes the staff guys at ESPN that fill in (like Stillman and Sweeney).

Ditto. Howie does a really good job coming up with topics and interacting with callers, w/o belittling bad callers or belittling the program by talking down other schools all the time. UofL has enough good things going on that we don't need to try to build ourselves up by trying to drag others down.

Someone should give him a full time radio gig.

Originally posted by cuzimacardfan:
...I don't know Howie's schedule, but it would be awesome of he could have a show from the 10-12 hour. That would fill the gap between the morning shows, Valvano at noon and the afternoon shows...This. ESPN needs more talent and content to fill out their schedule. Howie and Matt are great options...

I have and i've even called in a few times.

I called Ramsey on air yesterday and prefaced with a suggestion/hope that they add to their local U of L programming. He responded that things are in the works. Would love to see these guys featured...

This station in general is way overdue. The other local sports radio shows are trash, especially the so-called "pro-Louisville" shows.

Howie needs atleast an hour slot everyday. I wouldn't mind it being around noon as I dont really care much for the national espn broadcast shows.

Ramsey is the man. Love how he takes no s*** from the uk callers.

I met Howie at Mike Linnig's one time. Great guy and more than willing to talk about Louisville basketball anytime. Very knowledgable and doesn't slobber over UK like that joke Gupton. I hope he does get a slot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT