ADVERTISEMENT

How Many?...

Jul 27, 2010
Louisville, Louisville
How many of you guys think that we will wind up in the same bracket as Yewkay? I have said this since early December. Don't think there is any way around it with the "geographical" pairings. The "selection committee", if they can even be called that anymore, jeez what a joke, will likely do the same thing as they did last year IMHO. Not fair to the fans, coaches, schools, ect. What say you? Where do you think we wind up? Im hoping for the 3 seed out west.

Originally posted by ciswilldean3215:
How many of you guys think that we will wind up in the same bracket as Yewkay? I have said this since early December. Don't think there is any way around it with the "geographical" pairings. The "selection committee", if they can even be called that anymore, jeez what a joke, will likely do the same thing as they did last year IMHO. Not fair to the fans, coaches, schools, ect. What say you? Where do you think we wind up? Im hoping for the 3 seed out west.
It doesn't matter IMO. If this team is going to shock the world UConn style, then most likely they'll have to go thru UK to do it regardless of when. UK has the best team in the country and they have proven that without a shadow of doubt. The good news is the best team doesn't always win the NCAA tourney. It's the team that gets hot that wins it, but UK has been solid all year long since they're 31-0. I seriously wouldn't be surprised at all to see Calipari throw a game in the SEC tourney just to get his players refocused and hungry not to lose in the NCAA tourney.

FWIW, it sure would be sweet if the Cards were to somehow beat UK and end their season for a change. Lord knows we're due.

No lets see them pair UNC and Duke in the same region with Duke being a 1 and NC being a 4 (not that they will be a 4 this year). It's not going to happen this is the bias of those idiots on the selection committee.

Originally posted by BrewCrewCard:
No lets see them pair UNC and Duke in the same region with Duke being a 1 and NC being a 4 (not that they will be a 4 this year). It's not going to happen this is the bias of those idiots on the selection committee.
Maybe but in the defense of the selection committee, Duke and UNC are in the same conference so maybe that's why those two never seem to meet up in the NCAA tourney.

I think U of L goes out west. I just don't think the committee could put U of L in the same region as UK again and be taken seriously ever again. Not right now. That said it really is a 50/50 proposition if Duke and Virginia are 1 seeds, since U of L wouldn't be a 4/5 seed in their regions.

Im with BrewCard. The selection committee would NEVER, regardless of conference affiliation, stick UNC and Duke in the same region. Ever. Best two programs in the country(UL/UK). Not even debatable. Why stick them in the same region, outside of the geographical $$$ ploy? It's ridiculous.
This post was edited on 3/10 10:37 AM by ciswilldean3215

It wouldn't bother me if they paired us with NBDL allstars again. I ain't skeered of them!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT