ADVERTISEMENT

Hoo? Hoo just upset the #2 team in the Land?

Mayoman

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2001
The Louisville Cardinals.......don't write them off just yet. Mathiang? Hoo would have thunk it? Proud of the Cards...no quit in them. Now on to the ACC-T and Hoo knows what?

Go Cards!

This post was edited on 3/7 9:09 PM by Mayoman

To call it an upset belittles the acccomplishment. It's not like we were a big underdog.

To call it an upset belittles the acccomplishment. It's not like we were a big underdog.

Originally posted by TopCard:
Correct. The line opened at +1 and went to +2 1/2. Not only did the Cards cover, they also won the game. Technically an upset but really just a pick-em type game.

The bigger upset was Notre Dame beating the Cards by double digits when the Cards were a 4 point favorite. Now that was an upset.

Semantics. Just thought anytime a lower ranked team beat a higher ranked team.....that that was an upset. I posted this still on the high the victory brought almost immediately after the game. You guys are a tough audience in days long hindsight.
wink.r191677.gif

I wonder if the Hoos considered it an upset since they beat us rather handily in the first game and the Cards are now without CJ? I know that even without Anderson.....they probably felt pretty confident that they would come into the Yum and leave with a 'W'. The fact that they lost was likely 'upsetting' to them.....yes or yes?????

Originally posted by Mayoman:
Semantics. Just thought anytime a lower ranked team beat a higher ranked team.....that that was an upset. I posted this still on the high the victory brought almost immediately after the game. You guys are a tough audience in days long hindsight.
wink.r191677.gif

I wonder if the Hoos considered it an upset since they beat us rather handily in the first game and the Cards are now without CJ? I know that even without Anderson.....they probably felt pretty confident that they would come into the Yum and leave with a 'W'. The fact that they lost was likely 'upsetting' to them.....yes or yes?????
They beat us by 5 at their place, yet they controlled the game for most all the 40 minutes, much like we controlled the game against them in Louisville. I like the Virginia team but to be honest, I don't know how deep in the tourney they're going to go. They have warts but then again all teams do.

Yes it was an upset and I'm happy about that. Hopefully we'll get another shot at upsetting them again tomorrow evening.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Cue Card:
They beat us by 5 at their place, yet they controlled the game for most all the 40 minutes, much like we controlled the game against them in Louisville. I like the Virginia team but to be honest, I don't know how deep in the tourney they're going to go. They have warts but then again all teams do.

Yes it was an upset and I'm happy about that. Hopefully we'll get another shot at upsetting them again tomorrow evening.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
True on that account. any team that plays defense like they do, commits few turnovers and values every possession and shoots well....is a tough team to beat. Their winning the ACC regular season conference title 2 years in a row is testimony to their consistency in a tough, demanding league with a lot of different styles of play. It will not be easy for any team in the tournament (not named ......u know who) to beat them straight up.

Don't think UVA wants us to beat UNC......do you? They know the Cards can beat them....now, like you said, Cards need to take care of business today with the Heels to get another chance at the Hoos. I like their position....rubber match on a so called neutral court does concern me though......may the best team win and be injury free for both teams.

Go Cards!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT