ADVERTISEMENT

"He's The Most Advanced Freshman On The Team."

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
The 6-foot-7 Adel could serve multiple purposes for U of L, with the versatility to play on the wing or even as a stretch 4. He's working on the arc of his jump shot, which was a flat line drive when he arrived at Louisville, but Pitino said he's the best defensive player on the team.

"If you speak to the players, they will tell you he's the most advanced freshman," Pitino said. "Deng Adel is someone who, as a freshman, I've not seen a defensive player like him. He has been the best defensive player on the team, never mind as a freshman."

Defense usually keeps players on the floor for Pitino. I guess we'll see if the high praise is more hyperbole or not, but I think it is a good sign that CRP has said this about Deng multiple times. Deng must be doing something well out there on defense.

I had Donovan Mitchell pegged as our best defender, but Adel sounds legit. It's great to hear how these young guys are showing Pitino exactly what he wants to see. When Pitino is happy, the train is rolling. We're in for a fun season!

Reactions: beasleythecard
A bit of a surprise but a nice surprise just the same. These youngsters are going to be fun to watch grow.

What we are more than likely hearing here is the coach is enjoying these players. As far as "how ready they are right now" that's up for debate we'll find out soon enough. But the way Rick has been peppering us with positivity it seems he's just in a real comfort zone with these players and thinks he's holding some legit players.

Sounds good to me.

Reactions: cuzimacardfan
Looks like two of the young guys could see a lot of playing time, Adel and Mitchell.

I had Donovan Mitchell pegged as our best defender, but Adel sounds legit. It's great to hear how these young guys are showing Pitino exactly what he wants to see. When Pitino is happy, the train is rolling. We're in for a fun season!

Mitchell is going to be a really good player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT