ADVERTISEMENT

Henry Davis

IDK - UofL’s recruiting is pretty much at the top level already 😆 But, it certainky doesn’t hurt. Recruiting is such a fickle thing. You recruit, and sign, top level talent and then hold your breath during (and then after the MLB draft). Jo and Daylin are great examples. You somehow hold on to a couple of those types of recruits and you find yourself in Omaha.

I was going to say the same thing Bardman; UL is already at the top in terms of attracting the top talent in college baseball, as we have enjoyed a wealth of skilled players on our roster.

The Cards 2021 season was disappointing, particularly when considering they were preseason top 5, a rating not inconsistent with CDM teams. As I look back, I think our performance can be traced to a rare combination of factors; beginning with the Covid protocol that affected practice schedules. Adding to that, the unusually high number of injuries to our pitching staff contributed to the high number of runs that were given up all season long. Lastly, some returning from injury simply failed to deliver anywhere close to their high expectation. Perkins comes to mind, as his velocity brought immediate MLB attention, yet his lack of control turned what could have been a huge positive into just another serious negative.

Believe me, I’m not knocking our recruiting. It’s good. I’m trying to find similarities with the recent successes of Vandy, Virginia, Florida and even Miss st. Florida had 3 recruits and Miss St had 1 taken in the first round last night. But that doesn’t mean their future hopes are dashed because they lost players to the draft.

Reactions: Bardman
Just signed for 6.5M, which I think is about 1.9M below the No. 1 overall money slot. Must mean PIT is going to have to spend a little more on some later picks in order for them to sign.

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT