ADVERTISEMENT

Harrell NBA Draft Q & A

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
From a couple weeks ago but for anyone that missed it:

What part of your game translates the easiest to the NBA?

Rebounding, playing with high energy and a high motor all the time during the game. I definitely feel like I can carry that over to the NBA and be able to play like that for the full length of the game.

Where do you feel like you are (with your jump shot and ball handling)?

I feel like it's definitely getting to that point of where I want to be, but you can never stop working, you know? You can always add something to your game to make you stand out from other players. It's all about how hard you work and how hard you're willing to work.

Were there specific things, when the season ended, that you really wanted to work on?

Nothing really, just try to make sure I sharpen up the things I do well, and that's really just trying to trumpet those things and take them to the next level.

Who are you compared to the most?

I've heard comparisons to Ben Wallace. I've heard Kenneth Faried. Both are tremendous compliments being compared to those two high-caliber type of guys, especially at the position they play, but I just try to focus on what Montrezl Harrell brings to the game.

Does it bother you to be pegged as a guy who's an energy guy who runs the floor and dunks but may not have those other skills?

No, it doesn't. You get into any NBA organization, the teams are going to work with you. They're going to make you a better player on the offensive end, a better player on the defensive end. So, I just want to make sure I stay true to who I am and what I do best. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone that I'm trying to be this or trying to be that. I'm the same person I was. It's just me.

What can we expect to see from you in the NBA that we didn't see in college?

Nothing more than what I already do. I'm not trying to come out here to prove to NBA scouts that I can do this or that I may be able to play at this certain position. I'm working on what I do best and what I bring to the table, and that's a high caliber on its own right there.

That's not me. That's never been my game, to try to prove to someone that I'm something that I'm not. That's not me.

Do you kind of see how far it can get you to have that type of motor?

I definitely do, to see you come in and play with such energy and passion every night, it can take you a long way in the game. That's just what I bring to the table every night. Every time I step on the court, no matter if it's workouts, games or practice, I'm going 110 percent all the time. That's just the way I play.

Pretty much nailed that interview. I think its hilarious when people refer to themselves in 3rd person though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT