ADVERTISEMENT

Good Effort From Onuaku

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Had 2 big blocks, 8 rebs, 1 stl, 1 assist. I liked the effort I saw from him today. More active. Something to build on. The potential is there.

Best game from him since the beginning of the season. He started off the year great then went backwards.

I am glad to see the kid have this kind of game. He is going to be a great center here. Just a freshman.

The thing I liked most about his effort was throwing the ball inside out after rebounds and deflections. Instead of launching the ball at the moon like Mangok does way too much.

Also thought Aaron looked more aggressive in there in his limited minutes. Wanna see more of THAT guy...

He had huge rebounds in the 2nd half.

He had some defensive lapses, probably got tired.

Keep up the effort Big fella !

He's showing improvements as is Anas. Snider played good the minutes he gets, and Aaron is aggressive.

Originally posted by shadow force:
Had 2 big blocks, 8 rebs, 1 stl, 1 assist. I liked the effort I saw from him today. More active. Something to build on. The potential is there.
He played better defense today than he's been playing. Now if he could become a bit more consistent scoring, he could blossom into a nice serviceable 5 for this team. He's never going to be a star IMO but he could be a solid contributing piece of the basketball puzzle.

Originally posted by shadow force:
I was sitting behind the goal today @ the game and it gives a pretty good view of things from a different angle.

Onuaku does some things that will never show in the stat sheet. He really takes up space in the paint defensively and does not allow the G's to get to the rim often. At least that's what was going on today.

What I like best might just be his bball IQ. While he doesn't have much of an offensive game, he did make some good kick out passes when he got offensive rebounds. He played a good game - I do not think the team wins this one without him.

He has definitely been turning into more of a contributor as of late. Much needed.

He's been really active rebounding the past few games, 8+ RPG the last three. His offense is still a work in progress, it'll come with still three years left.

Originally posted by arizan:
He's been really active rebounding the past few games, 8+ RPG the last three. His offense is still a work in progress, it'll come with still three years left.
Right on. He is still just an 18 year old freshman. I think he will be a pretty darn good center in the coming seasons. If he keeps up the effort he has been showing lately- affecting other areas of the game, rebounding, blocking shots, general hustle- then it makes his lack of scoring not as big a deal. I mean we would all love for him or the other centers to score some points, but Onuaku really impacted the game in many other ways even though he only scored a point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT