ADVERTISEMENT

Glaring Weaknesses

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Unfortunately this team has some fatal flaws that are very difficult to overcome:

1) on the ball defense is really bad, especially Snider and Gill. They routinely get beat off the bounce. This is probably the area where we miss CJ the most.

2) Our centers are very ineffective at help defense. This only magnifies problem #1.

3) Our centers have really bad hands.

4) Shooting. We need one more shooter, someone who can be a knock down guy if Q or Rozier drives the lane. Right now Rozier is pressing offensively and I think not having the extra safety valve only compounds his issue right now.

Originally posted by Knucklehank1:

Unfortunately this team has some fatal flaws that are very difficult to overcome:

1) on the ball defense is really bad, especially Snider and Gill. They routinely get beat off the bounce. This is probably the area where we miss CJ the most.

2) Our centers are very ineffective at help defense. This only magnifies problem #1.

4) Shooting. We need one more shooter, someone who can be a knock down guy if Q or Rozier drives the lane. Right now Rozier is pressing offensively and I think not having the extra safety valve only compounds his issue right now.
Hard to argue with that. Looks to be very true and accurate.

Originally posted by Cue Card:

Originally posted by Knucklehank1:

Hard to argue with that. Looks to be very true and accurate.
Spot on!

I'm not sure how many times a guard has gotten beat off the dribble, Mangok steps up, weak body contact, foul, and one. That sequence happens far too often. At least Nanu will give us a hard foul. Mangok has GOT to prevent opposing guards from getting and one's. He is so soft. Foul the crap out of a guard one time and they wont drive the paint with ease. Why is this so hard for our bigs? Ill never understand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT