ADVERTISEMENT

Get ready for a national championship run....you saw it here first!

No.1Cardfan

2000+
Nov 20, 2001
I have a VERY good feeling about this year! Early signs of strong Leadership being exhibited, team chemistry, and Ralph has been brought in as an old trusted freind to share in the glory Rick knows is possible with this crew.
The extra team practice time against pros, Quentin is a special talent ,Onuaku will come into his own as he has shown in the U19's. Mathiang can breakout this year. Two hot shooting transfer seniors along with some very talented freshmen and improving sophs . Our big men should dominate. Mahmoud is a developing future NBA player. Perhaps Stockman is a secret weapon this year but I'm not even counting on that.
We have the pieces in place to go along ways and Rick has that gleam in his eye! All they need is a little push from the highest ranked and most intelligent fan base in the country. Don't wait to get your tickets or to get behind them! This team will be fun to watch!! Did I forget to mention the ridiculous year JJ is ready to have?

Love the enthusiasm, and I appreciate it but I'll reserve any title run talk until after I've seen this bunch play together. I sure hope you're 100% spot on accurate though. Another title run in what most would consider a rebuilding year would be sweet!

Love the enthusiasm, and I appreciate it but I'll reserve any title run talk until after I've seen this bunch play together. I sure hope you're 100% spot on accurate though. Another title run in what most would consider a rebuilding year would be sweet!
One indicator for me is The fact that Rick would use two spots for one and done guys. That tells me he feels like he has a pretty good hand aback of that smiley poker face, he brought in Ralph for a good time, hard work but not a hard season...jmho

Reactions: pervisl
I have a VERY good feeling about this year! Early signs of strong Leadership being exhibited, team chemistry, and Ralph has been brought in as an old trusted freind to share in the glory Rick knows is possible with this crew.
The extra team practice time against pros, Quentin is a special talent ,Onuaku will come into his own as he has shown in the U19's. Mathiang can breakout this year. Two hot shooting transfer seniors along with some very talented freshmen and improving sophs . Our big men should dominate. Mahmoud is a developing future NBA player. Perhaps Stockman is a secret weapon this year but I'm not even counting on that.
We have the pieces in place to go along ways and Rick has that gleam in his eye! All they need is a little push from the highest ranked and most intelligent fan base in the country. Don't wait to get your tickets or to get behind them! This team will be fun to watch!! Did I forget to mention the ridiculous year JJ is ready to have?

I will be one to champion Matz........

Can we work this guy in 20 minutes a game? He is big and he dunks. Smaller version of EnJai from the NCAA...

Our bigs are the key...

Gaurd play will be amazing. Who do you double?

Lee and Lewis are threats...

I will be one to champion Matz........

Can we work this guy in 20 minutes a game? He is big and he dunks. Smaller version of EnJai from the NCAA...

Our bigs are the key...

Gaurd play will be amazing. Who do you double?

Lee and Lewis are threats...
If we hit free throws we have 2 more Final Fours and another national championship.

Reactions: beasleythecard
I like how CRP has rebuilt this team on the fly, it showed me he still has the fire in him. I don't know how far this team will go and it is WAY to early to start talking about a National Title team but we should be very competitive and fun to watch. I think we will know what our chances in the tournament will be somewhere around tournament time.

I would love to see a big rotation to get back to wearing teams out then also have a killer instinct.
But the way Coach P works it will be a 8 man rotation tops.

Ready for Puerto Rico to see them in person.

The good news is these kids are working their tails off.

Love the enthusiasm. Going to reserve my opinions until I see them play together. What are the dates for the Puerto Rico trip?

Reactions: Cue Card
The key to this team will be how the front line develops. I believe JJ is the key to a deep run. We need a player who is formidable on offense on the blocks and keeps teams honest. Otherwise we're just a great group of guards but no post game down low.
With as many unknowns as u guys have i dont see how u can have such high aspirations. Realistically id say sweet 16 is the ceiling here

With as many unknowns as u guys have i dont see how u can have such high aspirations. Realistically id say sweet 16 is the ceiling here

While you are correct in regards to unknowns, nobody can realistically say where the ceiling is. The end result could go beyond the Sweet 16, or come up shorter. Nobody knows, but high aspirations are just as valid as low expectations at this point.

I like how CRP has rebuilt this team on the fly, it showed me he still has the fire in him. I don't know how far this team will go and it is WAY to early to start talking about a National Title team but we should be very competitive and fun to watch. I think we will know what our chances in the tournament will be somewhere around tournament time.
I am with you on the fun to watch part. The possibility of another FF run has crossed my mind more than once.

Reactions: Cardiotonic
The critical question is who can we get the ball to down the stretch that can make free throws.
Hitting free throws doesn't make an average team into a Final Four contender. It's easy to point to free throws because it's a singular moment at the end of a game. In reality, the missed free throws by Russ in 2014 and Mathiang in 2015 are only a factor because of everything the team did to get them to that point. Close out on Andrew Harrison in 2014 and Russ' free throws don't matter. Get the ball to Trez in the 2nd half of the MSU game and Mangok isn't put in that extremely high pressure situation. Forget focusing on free throws - focus on basketball. And when we have a great basketball team, then spend the time and resources to get them over the hump by practicing free throws.

o_O

Agreed, Coach did an outstanding job of avoiding a slow rebuild .

I don't think it's that crazy.There has been a real change in this program since that stunner to Morehead.Guys buy in to what the coach is selling.This group,new mix will buy all they can.You guys expecting great things early,don't get discouraged.

This group will have to find its way first.One thing for sure,they aren't thinking that they'll be sitting at home watching the Final Four.The program has evolved past that.

Can we get
30 points
20 rebounds
5 assists
5 steals
5 blocks

From our 3/4/5 position combined a game?

If we can, we will compete. If we can not, we need to redo the roster.

Can we get
30 points
20 rebounds
5 assists
5 steals
5 blocks

From our 3/4/5 position combined a game?

If we can, we will compete. If we can not, we need to redo the roster.
I think we will. Coach will have all the building blocks to put together another final four team. We will just have to wait to see if he is able to avoid the distractions or injury bugs that have derailed previous promising years!!

The Cards will rock the rims this year!!! Get ready! Push them, it's all they need....to fly!, I believe WE can touch the sky....what a great theme for our winged assassins .......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT