ADVERTISEMENT

Game 1! Auburn Predictions

ARGH, more prediction threads...well, I'm going old school here.

Fella's...this is AU we're talking about, outa the SEC...ever hear of them?!?!? Home of teams with such history and lore they are known as "the Tide" or "the Gators", or "the Tigers", or uhhh "the Tigers"???

Well, you get the point...we don't stand a chance...how about a first play prediction: from our O, Mr. "quarterback to be named later" will line up under Guard out of sheer terror of the NFL size and speed that AU possesses and do his quick count, as duly instructed by our heavily inferior FB IQ coach of ours, and the center will promptly shoot the ball into the endzone to start off 0-7 at the 5 second mark....it gets worse from there.

AU's offence wont see the field until halfway thru the second quarter after 6 consecutive defensive scores ( with 2 point conversions) to score on a hand off to one of their stellar RB's who puts three of our defenders on the sidelines with, literally, broken ankles...

Final 160-0 Tigers, you know the other Tigers not the one you may think of first...

Fella's...this is AU we're talking about, outa the SEC...ever hear of them?!?!? Home of teams with such history and lore they are known as "the Tide" or "the Gators", or "the Tigers", or uhhh "the Tigers"???

Well, you get the point...we don't stand a chance...how about a first play prediction: from our O, Mr. "quarterback to be named later" will line up under Guard out of sheer terror of the NFL size and speed that AU possesses and do his quick count, as duly instructed by our heavily inferior FB IQ coach of ours, and the center will promptly shoot the ball into the endzone to start off 0-7 at the 5 second mark....it gets worse from there.

AU's offence wont see the field until halfway thru the second quarter after 6 consecutive defensive scores ( with 2 point conversions) to score on a hand off to one of their stellar RB's who puts three of our defenders on the sidelines with, literally, broken ankles...

Final 160-0 Tigers, you know the other Tigers not the one you may think of first...

We are on the same page.
We want to be the overwhelmed UNDER DOG. No chance against an SEC West Powerhouse. We remember the Bulldog spanking. We are humble and just privileged to be invited to the game. Final 10-6 Tigers

I see what you did there. I forgot the tradition.

I'm not sure we can keep it that close! You are really optimistic. It's amazing we are allowed to be on the same planet as AU. Yada etcetera.

AU 31
UofL 21

Too many people to replace. We will be good but not this early. Would rather have started with Samford. Wish we could do preseaons like the pros.

Reactions: gabe112189
Having watched Auburn's spring game, I am convinced they can score 40 on just about anyone. So, the question in my mind is whether UofL can score 41. Auburn's defense was in shambles last year. But, UofL's offense was not exactly a work of art. How much of a difference will Coach Muschamp's make versus how much a difference year two in petrino's offense will make. There is no shortage of questions on either side. Usually early in a season defenses are ahead of offenses, so that gives something like an edge to Auburn. But, nothing is a given. If I were a betting man, I would say Auburn wins by something like 40-35. But one quirky bounce could flip it to 42-40 UofL.

Really hard for me to make a prediction on the game because I have know idea about our offense or who our qb is. I think the D should pretty solid

While I expect a reasonably close game for at least a half, I am astounded that anyone thinks that you, or any other team, is going to hold AU to less than 35 points. And we average that against the SEC tough defenses. We have never scored less than 42 in the Georgia Dome. And never scored less than 38 against your DC. You got some transfers that will help your D, but they can't play all game. Back ups are suspect at best. I just don't see how you will keep up. Very average QB's and a very suspect OL. I see it a 3 point AU lead at half, with AU pulling away in the late 3rd and 4th. Something like 38 - 24.

Reactions: Sultan__of__Swine
I am an L yes cut their sack off over zealous Cardinal.

Lets kick the barn down and stand on its neck. Louisville has to take respect becusenit will not be given.

Shut the Herbstreets of the world up again.

Virginia Tech was an underdog to Ohio State last year and heat them. We are a 10 point dog to the barn and we are going to beat them.

No question here..... Lets go Cards!!!!!

Louisville 28
Auburn 16

No chance. We suck.

Just glad they let us play in it. Hope we don't get 25-30 players knocked out for the year.

Old habits are hard to break!

;):cool:

Reactions: beasleythecard
I think the Cards will be overlooked a bit by Auburn's players. Not the coaches, but players tend to wait until they see for themselves. I can see the Cards starting off really good and maybe even leading at the half. But, much like the FSU game last year, the Cards may run out of gas if Auburn's offense is as good as some think it is.

They have to replace a ton of offensive starters including QB, so I don't see them being as proficient as they will be later in the season. Just because you have been a great offense before, doesn't mean you will be again out of the gate against a great defense like the Cards.

So I think a Cards victory would come down to luck. Like getting a late turnover in FG territory. Think vs Virginia last season. Or maybe a bad play call at the goal line. Think vs Clemson last season. The Cards were on the wrong side of this kind of luck last season. Football can be a strange game when it comes to good and bad breaks. I think the game will be close and as a general pessimist when it comes to these kinds of games, I see it being Auburn 30 Louisville 24.

I was listening to sports radio down here in Columbus, Georgia were I am working this week and they bought up some interesting points. They think it will be a good game but they think Auburn will win the game. The one thing they bought up that I have not seen anyone mention is the fact that both coaches Coach Petrino and Coach Malzhan are know for a no huddle offense that could really throw a wrinkle into both defenses.
I am hoping for a really good respectful game, I think the days of teams overlooking us are over and I don't expect Auburn to do that. There are a lot of people thinking Auburn will go undefeated this year, I hope they are wrong I want Auburn to lose at least one game.

Expect a repeat of the Georgia game. Auburn like Georgia is big boy football.

Homer Prediction: Cards 21 - Tigers 20

Realistic Prediction: Tigers 27 - Cards 23

Should be good game.

Set those recorders and DVRs.

Not going to make a prediction at this point, but our inexperience at OL really worries me. That is why I think Bonnafon gets the nod. I think our defense is sound but if our offense sputters or has a lot of procedure and holding penalties, they will wear down. I will be interested to see if our punt return/coverage has improved.

Go Cards!!!!

Reactions: furze24
Having watched Auburn's spring game, I am convinced they can score 40 on just about anyone. So, the question in my mind is whether UofL can score 41. Auburn's defense was in shambles last year. But, UofL's offense was not exactly a work of art. How much of a difference will Coach Muschamp's make versus how much a difference year two in petrino's offense will make. There is no shortage of questions on either side. Usually early in a season defenses are ahead of offenses, so that gives something like an edge to Auburn. But, nothing is a given. If I were a betting man, I would say Auburn wins by something like 40-35. But one quirky bounce could flip it to 42-40 UofL.

Another UK vs Cards, BSU vs Cards game 44-40 Cards win over Auburn! I hope they don't kill us!

I'm thinking we get on the boards early with a surprisingly effective passing game to compliment a downhill running attack. Our Oline is servicable on the passing game with the big bodies and a driving force with the run because our Oline gets off the ball well and hits hard at the point of contact. This is based on reports from our coaches.

I also think Bobby has a really good first series drawn up that at puts the tigers on their heals from jump. Our special teams have been looking great so we will see a vast improvement in that area which willnot only gives us a jump start for our offense but also gives us the field advatange on defense. This is also based on coaches feedback.

Our defense will hold Auburn to 2 TDs or less and possibly only give up a couple field goals.

We could possibly see a little fatigue due to first game emotions and players getting too jacked up early. But I predict our Cards to win in a slugout 24-20.

Expect a repeat of the Georgia game. Auburn like Georgia is big boy football.
Sure thing fuzzball. Auburn fans are over on TOS laughing at all the UK fans on their board trying to run down Louisville. Some have gone as far as to say they would trade Louisville for UK in a heartbeat. Obviously UK is an afterthought to Auburn fans.

You guys lost 10 or 11 guys to the draft and have some major holes to fill. I wish you the best but think AU wins 42 to 17.

We have lost guys before. Contrary to popular belief Louisville football reloads, not rebuild. The three defensive transfers are probably better than the three guys they're replacing.

Devante Fields replaces Lorenzo Maudlin. Josh Harvey Clemons replaces Gerold Holliman and Shag Wiggins replace Charles Gaines. There is no drop off at all.

The OL is where the question is. The four new starters are big but not major college football experienced. A couple of jucos and two freshmen, one a true frosh.

You can't just assume because the Cards lost 10 guys in the draft that there's a lack of talent because there is not. Auburn has to replace several players themselves yet they're ranked in the top 10.

Not saying the Louisville program is on the same level as Auburn but the notion that the Cards will get blown out due to departed players from last season is ignorant.

To many question for the Cards, O line is Very Questionable, No QB has separated themselves. Same basic D will give up lots of Rushing yards.

Auburn 38
Cards 10

My heart says Louisville 28 Auburn 24...my head says Auburn 30 Louisville 24...expect the game to go down to the wire...the more I look at it the more it is a even game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT