ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Sports Calls Out SEC in Spectacular Form

You have a link or was it a show?

ESPN promotes their products, everyone understands what they are all about. I stick to watching games and nothing else on that channel, and flip it off during halftime too.

The SEC is the top league. But I think football players are learning they can start at other places and the talent is distributed across the country. Instead of their previous tie in to the National Championship game, they will now have to settle for a tie in to the playoff.

Obnoxious behavior is the new thing. Especially at ESPN and in the SEC. --Where they win championships without playing the games.

Even that idiot Cowherd, "the Howard Stern light of the sports talk world", " Mr. mild controversy", thinks baseball is a "dumb" sport. Really? -- I guess he's not a stats guy! And probably couldn't pass a college level stats class if he tried. But at least he's got a loud obnoxious mouth. --I bet he likes to look at himself in the mirror and thinks Caitlyn Jenner is a hero. ;)

Obnoxious behavior is the new thing. Especially at ESPN and in the SEC. --Where they win championships without playing the games.

Even that idiot Cowherd, "the Howard Stern light of the sports talk world", " Mr. mild controversy", thinks baseball is a "dumb" sport. Really? -- I guess he's not a stats guy! And probably couldn't pass a college level stats class if he tried. But at least he's got a loud obnoxious mouth. --I bet he likes to look at himself in the mirror and thinks Caitlyn Jenner is a hero. ;)

I agree with you Omega. I'm an SEC guy, but I don't think it's superior to most conferences.
I began thinking of that way the year Bana and Lsu played for the title. I thought OK State should've been in the game. LSU beat Bama in Tuscaloosa, Bama didn't even win its division much less the Sec.

Reactions: Cardfan1963
Well....it just goes to show. It's a-l-l-w-a-y-s something.

I had a standing bet for years with a uk guy. He got all $EC teams in bowls and I had the other, straight up. No points involved. It was a bet before we knew who-played-who.

He would get so mad when he'd have to pay me, or when I paid him for a W or two. It was seldom more than a one or two game swing. The $EC did not dominate like he always thought they would.

They are no different than any other P5. They have two, sometimes three, really good teams, then an "avg" group. Then one or two uk types.

When I see things like "undoubtedly the best", "it's a given the $EC is tops", I see a bet waiting to be made.

It funny when they gotta play the game..........they have an excuse.

I agree with you Omega. I'm an SEC guy, but I don't think it's superior to most conferences.
I began thinking of that way the year Bana and Lsu played for the title. I thought OK State should've been in the game. LSU beat Bama in Tuscaloosa, Bama didn't even win its division much less the Sec.

Yep. UK football seems to win every year just by playing in the SEC. ;) Somehow getting slaughtered by their conference mates seems to validate the program.

The SEC has terrific football overall. I used to enjoy watching a SEC game until ESPN got their claws into the conference.

Now it's almost unwatchable due to the insane hype they promote for any SEC game. It's as if they're trying to convince everyone that the SEC brand is as good or better than any NFL match up. It is good football, but so is B10 football, B12 football, ACC football, and PAC12 football. I've even seen good games in the MAC, Big Sky, and CUSA. The SEC doesn't have it all ALL the time. There are other choices.

Last edited:
I think Danielson w/ CBS may actually be the worst of them all.

The ESPN panel used to be kind of fun but I just stopped watching it years ago.

The bias is rather insulting.

Last time I turned on ESPN (month or so ago) sport center was on...and it was terrible. There was a clip of some pit crew guy falling down. And Jay Harris( who I used to like) and some other guy was doing nothing but fake laughing at the clip. After about a minute of this, I turned the channel and haven't been back. It was like I should have been back in middle school...then I might have thought it was that funny.

I'll give their Pro football team some air time and see what Boomer and Tom are up to...but even that show was getting a little to loud/obnoxious of late.

And boom was the link.

My only point of remorse about the SEC biting it last January is that our Cardinals weren't in on the action (even though we kind of started the avalanche of excuse making by stealing UF's lunch in Jan 2013...or so I say...shrug...in any case we are now going to get our chances on a regular basis...go Cards!).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT