ADVERTISEMENT

Five-star recruit Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State

Cardiotonic

4000+
Nov 18, 2001
Class of 2015 star Malik Newman publicly commits to play basketball at Mississippi State.

Friday at 1 p.m. ET.

The 6-foot-4 point guard is considered the nation's top prospect at his position

Newman's commitment is a huge development for Ben Howland, the former UCLA coach who was hired at Mississippi State to replace Rick Ray last month.

1038468.jpg

Malik Newman is a five-star recruit from Mississippi. (USATSI)
Gary Parrish is a senior college basketball columnist for CBSSports.com and college basketball insider for the CBS Sports Network. The Mississippi native also hosts an award-winning radio show in Memphis. He lives in that area with his wife, two sons and two dogs.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think ESPN has something to do with the " disbursement " of the elite players in the SEC. I know it sounds conspiratorial, but SEC basketball was horrible last year with the exception of Kentucky. The SEC is
" their " conference.

Honestly, I think ESPN has something to do with the " disbursement " of the elite players in the SEC. I know it sounds conspiratorial, but SEC basketball was horrible last year with the exception of Kentucky. The SEC is
" their " conference.
Naawww! It's still Duke and the ACC

" their " conference.

It has to be something that so many top players go to SEC schools. Maybe it's espn maybe it's Nike. ESPN has the SEC network and they do need to play something during basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT