ADVERTISEMENT

Ex-Card Chris Jones to seek anger help per C-J

baseonballs

Two-Star Poster
Mar 7, 2007
Retweeted per Howie Lindsey this morning, article by Jeff Greer in the Courier-Journal this morning.

"Ex-Card Chris Jones to seek anger help"
Link: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2015/02/23/ex-louisville-basketball-player-chris-jones-to-see-john-lucas-about-anger-management/23866623/

Sometimes now have a hard time going to the link with the Courier's new website, but article said that Jones was going to work with John Lucas.

Ex-Card Chris Jones to seek anger help

Article went on to say that he grew up in tough part of Memphis and was raised by his mother. He slept with the family pitbull. Hargrave Military Academy passed on him coming out of high school because of Jones' attitude problem.

I wish the young man well.

Originally posted by baseonballs:
Article went on to say that he grew up in tough part of Memphis and was raised by his mother. He slept with the family pitbull. Hargrave Military Academy passed on him coming out of high school because of Jones' attitude problem.

I wish the young man well.
I wish him the best too. Some people can pull themselves up and out of these situations and flourish, I.E. Siva and Garcia, and other can't.

Best wishes to the young man. I sincerely hope he can rise above this and become a productive member of our society.

FWIW, his seeking treatment for anger management was being discussed on the Early Birds and they were emphatic to say his issues were NOT drug related. I guess since that is a typical reason to seek help with John Lucas, they felt it was prudent to dispel that theory.

Unfortunately his childhood situation has become all too common. The data is irrefutable that growing up with a father puts a boy at a much higher risk of problem behaviors, including anger issues. I hope he gets the help he needs. It is unfortunate that it took a huge door closing on him before seeking out professional help.

Guess this verifies the fight rumors that are circulating.

Anger can be a tough situation to work through. Been there, done that. Good luck to the kid.

There are a lot of kids with anger programs. Its how as a coach you are able to manage and control a kids anger.
Some coaches have different mechanism in their program to better handle these type of kids.
Don't know the whole story, but as a coach this is a common thing with kids these days.

Originally posted by coach1983:
There are a lot of kids with anger programs. Its how as a coach you are able to manage and control a kids anger.
Some coaches have different mechanism in their program to better handle these type of kids.

Don't know the whole story, but as a coach this is a common thing with kids these days.
Ultimately, the individual is responsible for learning how to control his own anger. The decision making process is the voice in his own head that he chooses to listen to or not.

There is no coach or human being that can be there 24/7 to make those decisions for you......no individual can control the level of anger or any emotion that another individual has any more than you can control the weather....the individual needs to be held accountable for his own decisions and behavior.

Coaches can only do so much....and be supportive so much....at some point.....the individual has to own it. That is the BL in or out of sports.

FWIW, Jerry Eaves just said on the radio that he CALLED JOHN LUCAS who's a friend of his. He said Lucas and his people have not been contacted about Chris Jones,..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT