ADVERTISEMENT

ESPYs- Caitlyn Jenner

Yea it's a little much, especially when in my opinion there were at least 2 people more deserving of the award they gave Jenner.

Yeah. I thought it was a very very interesting pick for a sports network. Now you know your sports is really an agenda for this....can't it just be about sports again?

I still don't understand the gay civil rights thing, if a man has sex with another man they aren't going to reproduce a child. I am old school and I still think the gay lifestyle is gross and I wonder who deleted my last post and why.

Reactions: pervisl
I'm OK with the gay lifestyle. If that's what you like then keep it in your home. I'm OK with if you want to go out in public and act like a normal couple. Who am I to judge others? I'm not threatened by this behavior.

But why use sports as some type of promotion for this crap. Sports should be about sports. Not someone's sexual orientation. Sure there are lots of gay guys in sports. And obviously there are lots of gay guys at ESPN. (Why else give this award to Jenner?) He's not a hero! He's not some champion...he's just some really strange and confused guy who's first and foremost a whore for the public IMO. ...and one ugly women.

They should have had Derek Jeter get up there and say how great it was to nail hollywood babes and how proud his dad was of him.

People say it's not a choice to be gay or transsexual, and I believe that is probably correct. I know I didn't choose to be heterosexual. I just am. With that stated, I don't go around making a big deal out of being heterosexual. I don't feel the need to draw attention to my lifestyle, and I guess that's the hardest part in all of this for me to understand.

Why? Why make a big deal out of it? I just don't get that. I personally do not care if someone is gay or transsexual or straight. It just doesn't matter to me. I don't understand why people who are different than I am expect tolerance yet also demand attention as they yearn for acceptance. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Live your life the way you want as long as it doesn't destroy others. Be yourself but for the love of everything that is good, please be as tolerant to others as you want them to be towards you regardless of your sexual orientation.

Jenner is a man, biologically, and physically until he disfigures himself, then he is nothing. Why do we give legitimacy to peoples' delusions? Its like the crazy white chick who said she was black. If I say I am Tom Cruise, or Bozo the Clown, somebody would lock me up. Whats the difference?

That's what I don't understand. Jenner apparently has no desire physically alter his sex, or have sexual contact with men.
So he's just a man that wants to dress as a woman? And now we have to consider him a woman?
It just seems like the dude has severe mental issues that we don't need to celebrate or he's doing it all for attention and fame.
I'm all for accepting people for who they are, but at some point we've got to say that just ain't right.

Bruce can do whatever he wants. It's his life, his body. The Espy's thing, however, I don't get that.

Jenner is a man, biologically, and physically until he disfigures himself, then he is nothing. Why do we give legitimacy to peoples' delusions? Its like the crazy white chick who said she was black. If I say I am Tom Cruise, or Bozo the Clown, somebody would lock me up. Whats the difference?
This ^

That's what I don't understand. Jenner apparently has no desire physically alter his sex, or have sexual contact with men.
So he's just a man that wants to dress as a woman? And now we have to consider him a woman?
It just seems like the dude has severe mental issues that we don't need to celebrate or he's doing it all for attention and fame.
I'm all for accepting people for who they are, but at some point we've got to say that just ain't right.
Well I guess being around the Kardashian Klan will do that to you.

Does the name Peter Berg ring a bell for any of you, the name Peter Berg? He is a Hollywood producer and director. He created the TV show Friday Night Lights. He directed the movie Lone Survivor. That ring a bell, the movie Lone Survivor? That's about the book on Marcus Luttrell. Special Forces. Lone Survivor.

Anyway, this guy, Peter Berg, was a little... I don't know. I don't know if "upset" is the right word, but he thought it was a little unusual. In fact, he posted something (I guess it was on Instagram) with a picture. He had a picture of a soldier next to a separate image of Caitlyn Jenner from the ESPYs, and the caption to his picture said, "One man traded two legs for the freedom of the other to trade two testicles for two boobs. Guess which man made the cover of Vanity Fair and was praised for his courage by President Obama and is to be honored with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award by ESPN."

So you have here on Instagram, two pictures. You've got a Marine, double amputee -- a soldier, double amputee -- and Caitlyn Jenner. Then you've got that caption, and Peter Berg says, "One man traded two legs for the freedom of the other to trade two testicles for two boobs. Guess which man made the cover of Vanity Fair and was praised for his courage by President Obama and is to be honored with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award by ESPN." Now, what is your reaction for that?

Do you think, "Good for Peter Berg?" Do you think, "Now, there's a guy that's got his perspective right; there's a guy that's got his sense of priorities and perspective right"?

Reactions: No.1Cardfan
He probably could've worded it a little different and got a better message across.
But I can't say I disagree with his thought process other than that.

I am so tired of he/she/it being called courageous. This could have been done with much less fanfare, but CJ wanted it out there. CJ did nothing to avoid publicity which would compound the problems. There may have been confusion or misgivings, but CJ for the most part chose how public this became. If it was so scary to CJ just keep it quiet and ride off into the sunset. Sure, people would eventually find out what happened, but much of the part that took so much "courage" could have been avoided.

CJ does not know courage. CJ has lived in a fantasy world since the 70's. I do not even think I know true courage. I want to believe I have it, but I will not know until I am faced with whatever test is out there. People trying to kill you 24/7 while fighting for our Country and trying to make the world safe, that is courage. Coming back to face your life after serious injuries such as paralysis or amputation is courage. Going back to work and living in Manhattan after 9/11 is courage. Facing death, such as cancer, but not giving up is courage. Growing up in an under privileged and violent neighborhood, but making it out on your own is courage. I am sure I left out many other examples, but CJ is not courageous.

What's the problem?

Bruce-min.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT