ADVERTISEMENT

Duke & UK tops list of NCAA for academic Achievement

Sure a group of kids who want to go pro ASAP and have nothing to do with college are honor roll students. Hell, I believe everything LPT tells me!

"Elite program", my a$$...

Reactions: pervisl and Deeva
Lyles 3.96 GPA, Towns 3.96 GPA, Poythress 3.95 GPA (and graduated), Booker 3.8 GPA..... don't let facts blur your 'perception'.

It's not stepping out of bounds to assume FR are taking FR level courses - I mean really this isn't a court case where we need to go through a number of exhibits to make fair assumptions.

To suggest it's possible they could be taking something tougher than FR level coursework is what is truly priceless. I mean really you may be onto something I'm sure they are taking upper level engineering courses, and not the standard coursework other FR take that aren't even scholarship athletes.

There is nothing wrong with making high marks in FR level coursework. But there's no reason to boast about it either, or defend it, unless there is a feeling of insecurity, or... in ESPN's case, a desire to promote some of their products.

The thread most certainly has no value, especially here - unless readers enjoy watching me slap people around.

It was you that threw out the "Volleyball and Intro to ________" comment. Yes, Freshmen generally take Freshmen level courses. No surprise there. The fact remains, they did well and the team GPA and APR reflect that.... despite all the propaganda spread here about OAD's and how they spend their time at UK.

Intro courses are FR level courses. Physical Ed electives are also courses typically taken during the FR year for FR students. What I "threw out" was nothing more than examples of the types of courses the FR were more than likely taking. There is no reason for you to be offended by me pointing out those are the types of courses they were taking in a thread that is pumping up GPA.

In your first response you implied that my assumption that the FR athletes take FR level courses was priceless as if to say they could be taking tougher courses, so I straightened you out on that. Look at you, you even responded and agreed, FR generally take FR level courses. So since you agree, there is no debate. It is a fair assumption to make, that yes, a few FR that are more than likely leaving after two semesters of college are more than likely taking FR level courses. Your opinion is no different, you're just going down the semantics road. So quit arguing you have no argument.

You're also making accusations in regards to "propaganda spread here" which is a good laugh too. It's as if you're lost and are unaware you're on the internet at a website called "rivals" - Do you care to discuss the trash spread at the UK home board? I don't, but it exists, and I don't care. So you shouldn't care about what's being said here if you want to be on my level. But since you do care, you haven't reached my level, meaning you are beneath me.

So with that said, our game is over.

Intro courses are FR level courses. Physical Ed electives are also courses typically taken during the FR year for FR students. What I "threw out" was nothing more than examples of the types of courses the FR were more than likely taking. There is no reason for you to be offended by me pointing out those are the types of courses they were taking in a thread that is pumping up GPA.

In your first response you implied that my assumption that the FR athletes take FR level courses was priceless as if to say they could be taking tougher courses, so I straightened you out on that. Look at you, you even responded and agreed, FR generally take FR level courses. So since you agree, there is no debate. It is a fair assumption to make, that yes, a few FR that are more than likely leaving after two semesters of college are more than likely taking FR level courses. Your opinion is no different, you're just going down the semantics road. So quit arguing you have no argument.

You're also making accusations in regards to "propaganda spread here" which is a good laugh too. It's as if you're lost and are unaware you're on the internet at a website called "rivals" - Do you care to discuss the trash spread at the UK home board? I don't, but it exists, and I don't care. So you shouldn't care about what's being said here if you want to be on my level. But since you do care, you haven't reached my level, meaning you are beneath me.

So with that said, our game is over.
Owned!

Calipari says goal was to send eight players to NBA, not win national title
By Drew Franklin on ©May 20th, 2015 @ 1:00pm

If you’re not a fan of Coach Cal’s Players First mentality, you might want to sit this one out. Take a quick break from the computer, grab a Wendy’s Jalapeno Fresco Spicy Chicken sandwich, steal an ambulance for a Fireball run, go enjoy the weather, whatever. This one’s not for you.

For everyone else, Calipari went on one of his better Players First rants today while speaking at Alltech’s Rebelation closing session in Rupp Arena this morning. It was a different kind of crowd — business minds, not UK basketball fans — so his message focused on leadership and coming together as a team for a common goal.

But while relaying that message, Calipari said the goal last season was to get eight players draft, not win the national title.

“Last year we started the season with a goal,” he told the Alltech Rebelation crowd. “You may think that goal was to win the national title and win all the games and be… It was to get eight players drafted.”

His point, I think, was to say if those eight players maximized their potential, everything else would fall into place. If everyone on the team played for each other, the rest would come. I think. But that one statement won’t sit well with some people. (Hopefully they took my advice and logged off.)

Cal also talked about last season’s disappointing end, saying he’s very proud of what they accomplished as a group and as individuals.

“This year, we were trying to win every game and we fell short of what we were trying to do,” he said. “But we still did historic things this year and seven players are going to be drafted. I can tell you, I feel great about what happened because players got better, they did what they had to do… College basketball is not the NBA best-of-seven. It’s one game.”

And here I thought that "one" of the goals for every college basketball team was to win the NCAA Championship. But it appears to win the NCAA championship is not a goal for uk basketball, maybe that explains why cal sucks at Xs' and Os' in big games and the blue hole fan base is fine with this ! I mean after all they did up his contract to 8 million plus to keep it going ! No way any other college program would pay to be a NBA farm system ( maybe the NBA should be paying uk...LOL) especially not at 8 million a clip !? Yeah can't wait to see how the blue holes try to spin this. LMAO

Lyles 3.96 GPA, Towns 3.96 GPA, Poythress 3.95 GPA (and graduated), Booker 3.8 GPA..... don't let facts blur your 'perception'.
Hat's off to Poythress. I heard he was on track to get his degree a year early when he went down with the injury.

Players like he and Teddy show what it's like to emphasize the student in addition to the athlete in student/athlete.

"So you shouldn't care about what's being said here if you want to be on my level. But since you do care, you haven't reached my level, meaning you are beneath me."

....delusional "poster ego" at its best. Comical stuff....especially since you probably believe that. You probably even did the Tiger Woods fist pump after posting it.

"So you shouldn't care about what's being said here if you want to be on my level. But since you do care, you haven't reached my level, meaning you are beneath me."

....delusional "poster ego" at its best. Comical stuff....especially since you probably believe that. You probably even did the Tiger Woods fist pump after posting it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just like a true narcissist would behave....you never quit making yourself out to be the ass you are...you just can't stop yourself.....go on back to kittie land and do your own fist pump telling all your bethren how you own this site. LoL. True delusion at its finest!

Reactions: Deeva
Facts say FR level courses are a lot different than Jr and Sr level courses.

Congrats to the outlier who is already done with his coursework, and to the other guys that aced volleyball and Intro to _____.

True, 100 level classes are different than 300 and 400 level classes... but that should not diminish their accomplishments. I have no idea, nor do I care, what courses they took. Some may have been Communications 101 others may be taking Calculus. At the end of the day, they had to do the work to make the grades.

If we want to hold to the NCAA notion of "student-athlete" shouldn't we celebrate the student achievements?

True, 100 level classes are different than 300 and 400 level classes... but that should not diminish their accomplishments. I have no idea, nor do I care, what courses they took. Some may have been Communications 101 others may be taking Calculus. At the end of the day, they had to do the work to make the grades.

If we want to hold to the NCAA notion of "student-athlete" shouldn't we celebrate the student achievements?

If the purpose of the OP was to have a conversation about academics he would have done more than just drop a link. He would have made a statement to go with his link if he were seeking legit discussion, and maybe he would have gotten one. However, that said, nothing I've said back was rude in any way.

However, he was clearly dropping a hit and run "F you" to the board link and that shouldn't have to be explained to you. So if a few posters want to flip him off in a laid back internet response so be it.

So with all that being said, he clearly just dropped a baiting link so any response is good to go since you're asking me. This isn't the place to celebrate UK and/or Duke's academic accomplishments. You can celebrate the accomplishments of those "programs" on their boards - that's where a thread like this belongs.

So quit with the rationalization the thread is a fail due to the reasons I explained above.

I read the ESPN story, and The title of this thread is incorrect!!!

To write that Duke and UK top the list would mean that they were number one and two. That is not what is stated in the story. According to the story, Duke and UK basketball teams were among other teams who made the top 10 percent of basketball teams. Louisville's basketball team is identified as making that top ten percent as well.

I agree with Ipartied...., this was an attempt to dig at us; and even with something to be proud of, i.e. making the top ten percent, the OP cannot get the facts right.

Keep in mind...

This is an academic report from the same school that never has basketball players get into academic trouble. Players with a plan to live in a college dorm for few months and go to the NBA immediately thereafter.

And they never say "eff the classwork at the end of the season, I'm going to the NBA camps." Nothing that would hurt their program APR.

Yeah, I'm supposed to believe all that stuff.

"Elite program", my a$$...

It only took one semester at UK for Calipari to clean up any academic "leaks". After the 1.8 collective GPA posted by his team in 2010, it's been nothing but smooth sailing ever since.

166.gif

It's not stepping out of bounds to assume FR are taking FR level courses - I mean really this isn't a court case where we need to go through a number of exhibits to make fair assumptions.

To suggest it's possible they could be taking something tougher than FR level coursework is what is truly priceless. I mean really you may be onto something I'm sure they are taking upper level engineering courses, and not the standard coursework other FR take that aren't even scholarship athletes.

There is nothing wrong with making high marks in FR level coursework. But there's no reason to boast about it either, or defend it, unless there is a feeling of insecurity, or... in ESPN's case, a desire to promote some of their products.

The thread most certainly has no value, especially here - unless readers enjoy watching me slap people around.
I've enjoyed it IPartied. 'Twas splendid.

The warnings are funny. It's like when a bartender cuts off the drunk. The drunk will just return the next day, still drunk, still needing to be cut off.

*** Then he will be cut off again, maybe told to take a few days or weeks off this time. Point being, it IS being addressed. Relax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many folks just can't deal with the truth. Like this...

"Elite program", my a$$.

The warnings are funny. It's like when a bartender cuts off the drunk. The drunk will just return the next day, still drunk, still needing to be cut off.

*** Then he will be cut off again, maybe told to take a few days or weeks off this time. Point being, it IS being addressed. Relax.

If I find something funny I'm relaxed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT