ADVERTISEMENT

Derek Anderson apparently laced up Cal and maybe a few others this morning???

I'm not familiar with the phrase "laced up". What does that imply in regards to Derek being on Deener's show?

I'm guessing Anderson "expressed his displeasure" with Calipari and the NBA development program

"Lace Up
Made popular by Cleveland rapper Machine Gun Kelly, it means to step your game up and get ready to rage."

Copied from the Urban Dictionary...

Not sure if it applies 100% here...I honestly just typed it as it popped into my noggin to imply that DA had some pretty strong words regarding Cal's coaching or lack there of. Also, I believe he had a few things to say about a couple of players that are leaving etc. etc..

Still haven't heard the interview myself. He has a movie about his life coming out too. He said he wanted to attend UofL and called them three times one week, M-W-F and left messages but didn't get a return call from the coaches. That's dropping the proverbial ball.
Good Grief!

Didn't know what that meant either. Here's the link to the podcast.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Last edited:
"Lace Up
Made popular by Cleveland rapper Machine Gun Kelly, it means to step your game up and get ready to rage."

Copied from the Urban Dictionary...

Not sure if it applies 100% here...I honestly just typed it as it popped into my noggin to imply that DA had some pretty strong words regarding Cal's coaching or lack there of. Also, I believe he had a few things to say about a couple of players that are leaving etc. etc..

Still haven't heard the interview myself. He has a movie about his life coming out too. He said he wanted to attend UofL and called them three times one week, M-W-F and left messages but didn't get a return call from the coaches. That's dropping the proverbial ball.
Good Grief!
That's BS about him being rejected by the Cards. They wouldn't match his uncle's bid when he went to OSU for their pharmacy school.

Reactions: Cue Card
That's BS about him being rejected by the Cards. They wouldn't match his uncle's bid when he went to OSU for their pharmacy school.
That's true. I remember that very well. His uncle was his negotiator and Denny didn't negotiate.

He basically said Cal couldn't coach or that he is outcoached most of the time. He wins with talent, not coaching. Stuff we all already knew but it's good to hear a former UK player say.

Some of the individual points sounded like an old man too... "In my day, we stayed 4 years..." I respect DA, liked him as a player and since... everyone is entitled to their own opinion... but coach's CAN'T make kids stay. They can encourage them, they can advise them... but in the end, it's the kids' choices.

And, love him or hate him, Cal has always claimed to be a player's first coach, so no surprises there.

FYI-

DA is supposedly interviewing on another station today...as per Deener. They, Deener Crew, were talking about BBN getting their bluw undies all wadded up regarding DA's previous comments as per the link above. Should be interesting to see if DA still supports what he said earlier.

FYI-DA is supposedly interviewing on another station today...as per Deener...

The first hour of the Maddie Jones show today, around 10:30 AM EDT. Not a bad listen on podcast. DA didn't back down much from his comments. Making Maddie scratch his head why a lot of LPT fans are agreeing with DA.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Now UK fans are claiming its a conspiracy with all the former Pitino Wildcats to make Cal looked bad. Claiming several Pitino era Wildcats have talked out about Cal.

Anderson is a clown. One helluva player in his day but he is no longer relevant. Why guys from the past can't move on and get out of the way cracks me up. Junior Bridgeman moved on and he's done quite well, the majority of athletes can't stand to get a real job and put their nose to the grindstone. Instead they want to flap their jaws about various things they have limited knowledge of (see Rex Chapman, see Derek Anderson) and avoid the real working world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT