ADVERTISEMENT

Dayton Flyers

Campbell was clutch in the 8th but that 3rd strike to Pujols was pretty egregious IMO. The last K looked weird because Payton dropped it but was definitely closer to an actual strike

Dayton is definitely a scrappy and mouthy bunch. I will be interested to see how they do this next weekend against Ohio State.

I only heard CDM away in post game say that most decisions to steal are left up to the individual base runner. I only heard a part of his comments, so he may have addressed Knap’s effort that I did not hear.

Reactions: earsky
Dayton is definitely a scrappy and mouthy bunch. I will be interested to see how they do this next weekend against Ohio State.
It feels like we just came out of a street fight against a bunch that thought that was the only way to approach the series. Some of it goes too far, but I kinda get why they thought they had to do it. I don't think I've ever seen our dugout so into a non conference, regular season series before.

Campbell was clutch in the 8th but that 3rd strike to Pujols was pretty egregious IMO. The last K looked weird because Payton dropped it but was definitely closer to an actual strike
There's one of those young arms we were hoping to see this past weekend. Gonna need everybody healthy and on top of their game to make history.

Wondering why we didn't see Kuehner this weekend? SUN game in the 8th would have been where I expected to see him. Glad Campbell was able to get those key outs.

I thought the midweek 1 IP for Corbett was his best in a long time. Tough to remove him after only 3 pitches but when you come in and don't throw strikes in that situation, you can't really blame McD.

As McD said about all 3 games, better to win and learn lessons than doing it while losing. That said, Ga. Tech will hang a # on us this weekend if we pitch and play the same as we did against Dayton. 1% better each day / inning / pitch.

Reactions: Bardman and earsky
As McD said about all 3 games, better to win and learn lessons than doing it while losing
Says something about this group. I think the series might have played out a little differently with the past couple teams this early in the season. No need to be peaking right now, but yes learning while winning is kind of what you want.

They might need to Tate to step in next weekend if Farone or Liggett are not 100%.

At first it was suspected to be a cramp, evidenced by bringing Gatorade out; hoping that is the diagnosis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT