ADVERTISEMENT

Damian Lee-welcome to the Ville

Confirmed!! This is the way to go with the one and done approach IMO. A older player with experience playing division 1 basketball!!

Reactions: Mayoman
Interesting roster. We've added some guys that can score. We've got a play making PG. We have some shot blockers. Some decent rebounders. Some 3 pt shooters. Unclear what the FT shooting will look like. Will we defend the way Rick wants? A few loaded questions but this is a big hit for us and legitimizes our chances to compete for something meaningful... yet again.

I'm catching a little grief on the Premium Board for this viewpoint, but this (Lee and Lewis) simply gives a shot at something good while guaranteeing nothing. These guys are quick fixes, and we have no track record to go by nor does anyone else.

We all HOPE they come in, contribute greatly, and the team results show that. But that's all just optimism. If you're sitting back and thinking "we've got this covered", you're setting yourself up for disappointment...

best decision you've ever made

Bang!!!!!

Really, really, really excited about this sign. We should be really good next year...and hopefully Rick trust the freshmans and they will get played and we can press again....because of a bench.

I'm catching a little grief on the Premium Board for this viewpoint, but this (Lee and Lewis) simply gives a shot at something good while guaranteeing nothing. These guys are quick fixes, and we have no track record to go by nor does anyone else.

We all HOPE they come in, contribute greatly, and the team results show that. But that's all just optimism. If you're sitting back and thinking "we've got this covered", you're setting yourself up for disappointment...

I enjoy the fact these players already have division 1 experience and understand it's not high school basketball. That alone is worth the risk and considering both were highly sought after transfer players, I feel we do have this covered. Hall of fame coach, two very experienced players to add to a bunch of returning players who logged minutes last year as true freshmen.

I don't think we're going to be disappointed at all.

I think Lee and Lewis will be fine and do what they do. To me the question remains at PF and Center. The devolpment of those guys will determine hoe good we will be IMO. Snider, Lewis, Lee, Mitchell, and Adel will give us good production from the perimeter.

Zipp the guy had offers from AZ/Maryland/Gonzaga - three FF contenders. It's a big get for Rick and the program Rick addressed the team's needs. I don't think anybody is counting the win total right now but considering the success Rick is having it's fair to be optimistic. He coud suit up you and four other posters from this board and make some noise.

Great news. Really happy UofL landed Lee. Hopefully Lee and Lewis will provide the experience and outside shooting to help this young Cards team.

We heard a lotta this same talk about Shaqquan Aaron not too long ago. Granted, he's a different situation--a freshman--but a guy with a lot more pedigree than these 5th-year guys had.

Our closest and most recent parallel is Luke Hancock. Obviously, he turned out splendidly. But many forget that Luke was perceived as an over-hyped disappointment three-fourths of the way thru his first year. That's the only year these 5th-year guys get! And Luke played alongside some damn good players on his team. These incoming guys are being counted on as two of the stars. We have no returning players of the caliber of Russ Smith or Chane Behanan.

It doesn't matter to me who is after whom. Groupthinking is a poor indicator of anything. It's how Teddy Bridgewater develops small hands and gets drafted behind Johnny Football.

I'm HOPEFUL these guys do well. But I'm not foolish enough to be counting on it...

I love this pick up! I would take this guy over any incoming freshman in the country. He will be more valuable to this team then any pick up in the country imo. The back court is going to be very good! I believe Johnson is going to make some jaws drop this year at how good he is and Mango and Nanu will hold down the 5. We won't be very deep like this past year, but you don't have to be when it really matters. Timeouts are 5-8 minutes long and happen about every 2.5 minutes of game time on average. I really like this team now with the freshman and transfers. And it takes a lot of pressure off Mitchell and Adel to have to be such big contributors right away. I feel like a SuCkS fan now wanting basketball to hurry up and get here...lol

Awesome pickup! Welcome to Louisville mr. Lee.
Just have to get these new guys on campus ASAP to start building some chemistry and hopefully this team can have a great season.

If our bigs develop and contribute we are a legit top 10 team. Shooters everywhere and guard play dominates the NCAA tourney each year! Should be fun.

Reactions: cardsfan53
Interesting roster. We've added some guys that can score. We've got a play making PG. We have some shot blockers. Some decent rebounders. Some 3 pt shooters. Unclear what the FT shooting will look like. Will we defend the way Rick wants? A few loaded questions but this is a big hit for us and legitimizes our chances to compete for something meaningful... yet again.

[QUOTE="zipp, post: 46568, member:

It doesn't matter to me who is after whom. Groupthinking is a poor indicator of anything.

Silly. If he had offers from EKU and Alcorn St then your position on this would be warranted, but you'd probably be singing a different tune actually. You would tell us all about Russ Smith's lack of stars, Hancock coming from nowhere, etc.... you trust the guy with the wins and rings and anybody questioning the pickup needs to remember who our coach is.

Just be honest, you're here to go against the grain on the topic and mood because it's fun to do that sometimes, bottom line. It's cool to have that mindset, but don't bring logic into this when that's all you're doing.

You may be curbing your own enthusiasm but you're no Larry David.
[/[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Wordless65
Damn I was really wanting Mulder he's going to be a beast. Lee can't play defense at all.
Rick Pitino disagrees with you.

“Damion fills a big void for us in scoring,” said UofL Coach Rick Pitino. “He’s also an outstanding defensive player and is terrific at the free throw line, which is also a great asset for our team. He’s an outstanding young man with a great attitude.”

Reactions: pervisl
Confirmed!! This is the way to go with the one and done approach IMO. A older player with experience playing division 1 basketball!!

Could not agree more. More immediate impact. I am calling it now, Lee goes for 30 at Rupp this year. Welcome Damian.

Reactions: pervisl
...Just be honest, you're here to go against the grain on the topic and mood because it's fun to do that sometimes, bottom line. It's cool to have that mindset, but don't bring logic into this when that's all you're doing.

You may be curbing your own enthusiasm but you're no Larry David.

hop, not sure what the Larry David reference means... But in this space, "going against the grain" is redundant with "maintaining perspective". Maybe that's because it's populated mostly by fans which is obviously short for fanatics.

Too many posters here gravitate to extremes, and that's not my style. I'm here telling sunshine pumpers to slow down, and b!tchers and whiners to show me facts and hard data. Neither faction can do that very well.

And life doesn't work that way either. Most teams lose their last game even with great players and coaches. As long as they're working hard, I'm OK with wherever that hard work takes us. I've paid a lot of money in my lifetime to watch U of L teams compete. And I'm not entitled to anything more than that...

Reactions: OneEarWonder
ADVERTISEMENT