ADVERTISEMENT

Coach 2

If he was doing it at Louisville, he was when at Kentucky. Can they get in trouble for paying players that far back?

I have no idea if he was Coach 2, but if he was he just outdid McGee as the dumbest person in college sports. Think about it about it he threw away $55 million dollars and effective ruined his entire basketball legacy,for what? I will never understand.

Then you have an AD supporting him no matter what, why? There is no reason to be loyal to a coach that is tearing down everything you built over 20 years. No one would have cared if he was the one that fired Pitino. Now your legacy at Louisville is tainted because he backed the wrong guy.

I think both of these guys downfall was their own arrogance.

If they were wire tapping Gatto they have multiple phone conversations between him and "coach 2" recorded right before Bowen committed.
I haven't seen evidence of what was said. Just hearsay from a sports agent...

I haven't seen evidence of what was said. Just hearsay from a sports agent...

Yeah, from reading through some of the document it looks like most of the recorded conversations involved one of the undercover agents recording a conversation they participated in. I didn't see any reference to conversations between uc agents and coaches.

Yeah, from reading through some of the document it looks like most of the recorded conversations involved one of the undercover agents recording a conversation they participated in. I didn't see any reference to conversations between uc agents and coaches.
If you noticed, the meeting in paragraph 36e took place two months after the alleged phone calls involving Pitino and discussions about money. Nothing recorded, nothing even timely...

If you noticed, the meeting in paragraph 36e took place two months after the alleged phone calls involving Pitino and discussions about money. Nothing recorded, nothing even timely...

I did notice that. Something else interesting is paragraph 33. It mentions a wiretap on Dawkins recording a conversation between Dawkins and father-2. In paragraph 36e Dawkins says he had a conversation with coach 2 about getting additional money for player 10’s family. Since there was a wiretap on Dawkins, they may have that conversation recorded even though it’s not stated so here.

I did notice that. Something else interesting is paragraph 33. It mentions a wiretap on Dawkins recording a conversation between Dawkins and father-2. In paragraph 36e Dawkins says he had a conversation with coach 2 about getting additional money for player 10’s family. Since there was a wiretap on Dawkins, they may have that conversation recorded even though it’s not stated so here.
You may be reading for evidence that even I'm not...

It's possible that all evidence involving 3rd parties such as 'Coach 2' hasn't been disclosed. But I see no reason to publish less compelling evidence like hearsay when better evidence is available.

And unless you have good evidence, how can you credibly make accusations? Makes no sense unless that's your agenda...

Well that pretty much shows without a doubt (If the reports are correct and coach 2 is Pitino) Pitino was involved. If true what he’s done to our team and the University is unimaginable.

You may be reading for evidence that even I'm not...

It's possible that all evidence involving 3rd parties such as 'Coach 2' hasn't been disclosed. But I see no reason to publish less compelling evidence like hearsay when better evidence is available.

And unless you have good evidence, how can you credibly make accusations? Makes no sense unless that's your agenda...

The fbi hasn’t made any accusations against coach 2, have they? Based on the press conference the fbi focus appeared to be on the 10 people arrested. Coach 2 is our (Louisville) focus. It appears they have plenty of credible info related to the people they charged in the document. We are just speculating on what might be out there on coach 2 based on how the document reads. They may not charge him with anything, but I assume whatever they do have will eventually make it into the NCAA’s hands, so we’ll know one way or the other. All I’m pointing out is that they had a tap on Dawkins, so who knows what they’ve recorded.

Well that pretty much shows without a doubt (If the reports are correct and coach 2 is Pitino) Pitino was involved. If true what he’s done to our team and the University is unimaginable.
Factually, Pitino did nothing more than work behind-the-scenes with adidas to land a blue chip recruit. If you're reading more into the federal filing than that, the evidence is lacking...

Reactions: iCanDoIt
The fbi hasn’t made any accusations against coach 2, have they? Based on the press conference the fbi focus appeared to be on the 10 people arrested. Coach 2 is our (Louisville) focus. It appears they have plenty of credible info related to the people they charged in the document. We are just speculating on what might be out there on coach 2 based on how the document reads. They may not charge him with anything, but I assume whatever they do have will eventually make it into the NCAA’s hands, so we’ll know one way or the other. All I’m pointing out is that they had a tap on Dawkins, so who knows what they’ve recorded.
I wasn't saying YOU had any sort of agenda; I was speaking to others who might. The filing wasn't about Pitino, but people here act like the evidence against him was irrefutable.

On top of what had happened previously, it was just enough to say "enough"...

Almost a good defense.

The problem?

How many will turn on Pitino/Adidas, and be willing to testify that no one in the conspiracy expected that a 1099 or tax return would be filed. Or better, that Pitino knew they would not be?

Didn't Coach 2 say that discretion was a must, given that University 6 was already on probation (NCAA).

Sounds like "consciousness of guilt" is there for the federal taking.

Coach 2 did not say anything from the documents. It was all referencing Coach 2. Coach 1 was in the room and agreed about discretion. Read the documents, before you throw this information out.

Right now, the only released information is phone records, not recordings, for Coach 2. Who knows what else will come out.

From what I read, Coach 2's name was being bandied about by others to bolster their credibility. So far there is nothing other than hearsay that implicates Coach 2 in anything.

Reactions: zipp
They dont have wiretaps on the Gatto and Pitino conversations as I believe they said or someone has said. So as far as we know, no one may ever know what was said during that convo.

Yes, there were no wiretaps on those conversations. Either the conversations were about money and Bowen, Rozier's deal with Adidas (per Pitino) and/or were just oddly and coincidentally timed around his commitment.

Unless Gatto sings a different tune, we will never know.

In a recent interview Pitino was asked if he was "Coach 2" he responded "it doesn't matter if I am or not." I find this interesting.... Pitino is basically saying "Yes I am Coach 2" but by saying it doesn't matter to me means he thinks/believes FBI has nothing on him, or they are flat out wrong with there accustaions.

Pitino and his lawyers are accepting the fact he is never going to coach at Louisville again. He is just trying to do damage control so he can recoup some of his contract that UofL owes him and try to coach somewhere else down the road. It's an interesting play, I guess he has nothing to lose at this point. He's putting all of his chips on the table and claiming he is innocent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT