ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson ?

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Clemson is way overrated and of course this is the season we don't play them. They no longer have a abundance of All American talent at the skill positions.

Cards will need to be ready against Duke. The devils will be heavily tested when they play Louisville. Their schedule is brutal.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Clemson just got its second notice about why it’s not ready for a conference change; the first was its loss to South Carolina last year. I think they are better that what they showed in the loss to Duke, but Clemson is not going to enjoy the level of success outside the ACC they enjoyed for so long.

FSU‘s win over LSU was most encouraging for the Noles, but I remain convinced that moving out of the ACC will move them to unremarkable status long term.

These two programs have a lot to prove if they hope to be successful beyond the ACC.

Lets see what the over rated SEC team in LSU does the rest of the year.

That will be the tale of the tell told by the national pundits. FSU didn't beat the real LSU blah blah blah. Gotta protect that SEC image and rep.

It will suck but that is what they will say and do.

All that aside...FSU was more than impressive in that game and I hope they can carry the ACC banner high...they look much stronger and more talented than CU (I mean PU) did last night vs new found power house Duke.

Calling Miami...you guys need to regain your swagger and former big winning ways...pronto...ACC is ripe for you do it. (And I am not a Hurricane fan by any means). Cards too!!!

Clemson had several drops by their receivers and the QB was off constantly with his throws.

Clemson had tons of opportunities against a Duke defense that is very susceptible and only the RB's took advantage until they fumbled in the red zone.

This is nothing like the Clemson teams we've seen the last 8 years that had NFL starters at QB and WR. They don't even have the NFL quality defensive guys up front that they have had before.

Clemson fans are spoiled and the media pundits haven't been ready to admit it.
Now I'm sure the roster is still full of 4 star recruits and there still may be a few make a name for themselves this season, but they're not a contender with that QB and those receivers.

I was very surprised they didn't get a portal transfer at QB. Someone who would be an immediate factor at the most important position.

It sucks Louisville doesn't play them this season because I believe we would finally get that first win against them.

Clemson had several drops by their receivers and the QB was off constantly with his throws.

Clemson had tons of opportunities against a Duke defense that is very susceptible and only the RB's took advantage until they fumbled in the red zone.

This is nothing like the Clemson teams we've seen the last 8 years that had NFL starters at QB and WR. They don't even have the NFL quality defensive guys up front that they have had before.

Now I'm sure the roster is still full of 4 star recruits and there still may be a few make a name for themselves this season, but they're not a contender with that QB and those receivers.

I was very surprised they didn't get a portal transfer at QB. Someone who would be an immediate factor at the most important position.

It sucks Louisville doesn't play them this season because I believe we would finally get that first win against them.
Dabo detests the portal and refuses to use it to its full potential.

Reactions: rh62531

It would cheapen the victory if we played them this year. I want to beat them when they are undefeated.

I’m so sick of the ACC treatment with officiating. They wouldn’t call anything on Clemson, late hits, targeting, holding, and of course the biggie, pass interference, and we all know how Clemson holds on defense. I saw probably 5 obvious uncalled penalties on Clemson. The reason for my post is they throw a flag on Louisville if they sneeze. I wish Louisville could get in the big 12.

Reactions: rh62531
I agree. I will be thrilled if we left the ACC, but we probably get the same thing in another conference. I've always felt we should be in the Big 10, but we want to cling onto some of the south that being in Kentucky provides.

Reactions: RealStateBird
The problem with the ACC is it doesn’t have enough schools that are passionate about football. FSU, Clemson and VT have incredible fan support. Everyone else requires special years for fans to come out in masses. I tend to agree if FSU and Clemson do leave they will reap the financial rewards but wins will get tougher and tougher to come by. I still don’t think the Super Conference is sustainable. Too many mouths to feed.

The ACC problem is their brand teams aren’t performing. It would be like the SEC having Kentucky-Missouri-South Carolina winning the conference media would throw shade at them too. Clemson gets beat by Duke the narrative is the ACC is down.

Reactions: Mayoman
I agree 100% with Koz; we are where we need to be, as the ACC is solid with or without FSU and Clemson. UCF, WVU and UC are candidates to replace those who might leave.

Clemson losing to Duke does not mean the ACC is down; to the contrary ……. It means the other ACC members like UNC, FSU, Duke and UL are improving.

• Love
I agree 100% with Koz; we are where we need to be, as the ACC is solid with or without FSU and Clemson. UCF, WVU and UC are candidates to replace those who might leave.

Clemson losing to Duke does not mean the ACC is down; to the contrary ……. It means the other ACC members like UNC, FSU, Duke and UL are improving.
Shhh! That's a secret that the media pundits don't want to bang the drum on.

In order to break through all that bias those four, and Miami/VT need to start winning and winning big....even that may not be enough unless the ESPN wangers start the media hype to say it is so.

Reactions: 2330859
The problem with the ACC is it doesn’t have enough schools that are passionate about football. FSU, Clemson and VT have incredible fan support. Everyone else requires special years for fans to come out in masses. I tend to agree if FSU and Clemson do leave they will reap the financial rewards but wins will get tougher and tougher to come by. I still don’t think the Super Conference is sustainable. Too many mouths to feed.

The ACC problem is their brand teams aren’t performing. It would be like the SEC having Kentucky-Missouri-South Carolina winning the conference media would throw shade at them too. Clemson gets beat by Duke the narrative is the ACC is down.
FSU had their share of empty seats during those rough years. To your point it's about performance. Fair weather fans are everywhere. It's easy to look down on those types but if you take a step back I get why some fans may not be all-in for an average or worse product.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
ESPN is struggling financially, but make no mistake they are totally invested in the SEC. This SEC expansion is still a bit of an experiment, as it all hinges on the revenue the conference receives for TV rights. What happens when the same greed and jealousy that we see from FSU and Clemson inside the ACC, starts to percolate with Alabama, UGA and LSU in the SEC ........... how long will they feel like sharing revenue with UK, Missouri, South Carolina and the Mississippi schools when the TV revenue is all about the National attraction to the Big Dogs?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT