ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson picked to win ACC Title

I truly believe we beat Clemson here. As did we, they lost a ton to the NFL, including Vic Beasly and several OL lineman. We almost beat them in Death Valley and we'll get the job done here.

Reactions: American Male
We certainly have a shot. Just have to a better job on punt coverage and goal line offense.

I agree with these rankings, in all respects. The Cards are going into the 2015 season predicted as the third best in their division. I think that is about right. In fact NC State has a good argument for being #3, rated above the Cards.

The first six games of the season are going to be very difficult for the Cards. Those First Six may make or break the season:

Auburn(N), Houston, Clemson, @NC State and @Florida State, (plus Samford).

By Oct 17th, we will all know what this team is made of. If they could go 5-1, then "Whoa Nellie".

I think this team will beat Clemson at home in a great exciting close National game, and will have already beaten Houston at home in a tough game, and will have easily cake-walked over Samford (who is actually has a decent team). I think Louisville goes 3-0 against these 3 teams (And, bear in mind, Clemson is truly a Top 10 team).

If the Cards can figure out a way to win 2 of the other 3 first six games (NC State, Florida State, Auburn), they will remain in contention for both the ACC Championship Game, as well as the CFP.

Frankly, if the Cards can manage to beat Clemson (at PJCS, and truly a toss-up-type game against a very very good team), as well as Florida State (in Tallahassee, against a very good team --- long odds), then who knows what might happen!

If I were a bettor, taking everything into account, I would guess the Cards will go 4-2 in those First Six. I would speculate that they would win one of the Key Three: Clemson, Auburn, Florida State -- thus losing two of them. Just please DON'T lose to BOTH Clemson and Florida State.

Personally I think Cards may end up tied for First Place in their division at the END of the season.

One of our most exciting seasons coming up -- but the Power is front-loaded.

The Clemson QB appears quite dynamic and they've recruited well for years.

I believe FSU deserves the #1 spot until taken down though.

How much did Ga Tech lose last season? I'm not sure they weren't the hottest team in the ACC at years end.

They lost most of not all of their running backs and a couple of receivers. Timing is very important in an option offense and those losses will hurt to begin with. By the time the new backs get the timing down they may have already lost a few games.

Tech, fortunately, is not on the schedule this year, and we are unlikely to face them in the post season so I'm not too worried.

Do you agree with that?...
I actually agree with Clemson being picked to win the Atlantic Division. Deshaun Watson is that good. But Clemson isn't unbeatable. FSU doesn't have a proven QB and both FSU and Louisville are replacing 11 and 10 guys from the NFL Draft respectably. But from what I hear Everett Golson is fitting in well and obviously he has experience. It is just a matter of how long it takes him to completely understand the offense. Louisville is definitely a player for the division too but FSU and Clemson will be #1 and #2 until the day Louisville breaks through and beats those teams which could happen at any time.
The good thing is the big three between Louisville, FSU and Clemson all play each other every year and each of us has to play one of those teams at home and one of those teams on the road every single year.

What I mean is we can fret about having to play Clemson on the road but yet we get Louisville at Home. Louisville can fret about playing FSU on the road but they get Clemson at home. And Clemson can fret about playing Louisville at home but they get FSU at Home.

And Doak, Papa John's and Clemson memorial stadium are all very though places to win at. There was only one game lost by the home team at any of those venues in 2014 and that was FSU's win at Papa John's.

The last thing I'll say is Clemson was picked to win the Atlantic in 2013. I like it that way. Less pressure on us. We had the huge burden of expectations and a target on our back in 2014 that I think wore on our players. It is much easier to be the hunter than the hunted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT