ADVERTISEMENT

Clear Channel Joined at the Hip with Maddie Jones...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
The little LPT boot licker was on the radio this morning eulogizing Bill Gentry of Clear Channel who protects him from the evil one, Tom Jurich. You can hear what the lead slapd!ck said by podcast which is how I heard it.

Jones characterizes Jurich as having done everything he can to get Jones off the air. And without details, Jones credits Gentry as having stood up to Jurich. I really don't need any details.

Here are the Clear Channel radio stations in our area:

WHAS 840 AM
WAMZ 97.5 FM
WKRD 790 AM
WQMF 95.7 FM
WTFX 93.1 FM
WKJK 1080 AM
WLGX 100.5 FM
WNRW 98.9 FM

If you listen to any of these radio stations regularly or patronize their sponsors, you're supporting Clear Channel, Gentry, and Slapd!ck Nation. There are entertainment and business alternatives to these people. I encourage everyone to find them...

The little LPT boot licker was on the radio this morning eulogizing Bill Gentry of Clear Channel who protects him from the evil one, Tom Jurich. You can hear what the lead slapd!ck said by podcast which is how I heard it.

Jones characterizes Jurich as having done everything he can to get Jones off the air. And without details, Jones credits Gentry as having stood up to Jurich. I really don't need any details.

Here are the Clear Channel radio stations in our area:

WHAS 840 AM
WAMZ 97.5 FM
WKRD 790 AM
WQMF 95.7 FM
WTFX 93.1 FM
WKJK 1080 AM
WLGX 100.5 FM
WNRW 98.9 FM

If you listen to any of these radio stations regularly or patronize their sponsors, you're supporting Clear Channel, Gentry, and Slapd!ck Nation. There are entertainment and business alternatives to these people. I encourage everyone to find them...

Batty Jones needs to pack up his dog and pony and move to Lexington. I imagine all the Lexington stations would love to have such a distinguished member of the media and thereby avoid all the Jurich " pressure " that so influences the local media.

He's not going anywhere until he feels enough local pressure. As the young hipster he sees himself, he knows what a cowtown Lexington is. Maddie has to feel unwelcome enough here to be run outta town. And no reason he shouldn't be persona non grata in Louisville--he has no local ties here.

Jones has a major media corporation in Louisville protecting him. When that becomes financially difficult for them to do, that protection will end. We play a part in that. Your AD's obviously working behind the scenes to make that happen.

"Elite program", my a$$...

The attempt at a 'Matt Jones equivalent' show, hosted by John Ramsey (or whatever his name was), got about as much attention as a sneeze in church. The ratings report was so bad.....there weren't even enough listeners to give the guy a 0.0 rating, so apparently, MJ must be doing something right....and in the Ville, no less.

About UK basketball, it's great. There's no real "off-season" for UK hoops. Plenty of other topics are discussed on KSR as well. Plenty of Louisville fans listen too.

Matt Jones does a great job of appealing to the BBN masses. And when you can appeal to a segment of the population that large you will be successful. He fills a UK void in the Louisville market. Supply and demand; simple as that.

....there's a lot of UK fans living in Louisville that are helping his show achieve the ratings it gets.

About UK basketball, it's great. There's no real "off-season" for UK hoops. Plenty of other topics are discussed on KSR as well. Plenty of Louisville fans listen too.
LOL...basketball is all UK has...UL by FAR has supassed UK in all other major sports....and facilities not even close. So, enjoy your semi pro team. As your coach says" my goal was not to win it all,but put 8 players in the league' or on draft night "biggest night in UK history"

....you are like a broken record....same post, different wording each time. Keep believing that, cardsp. Whatever makes you feel better.

The attempt at a 'Matt Jones equivalent' show, hosted by John Ramsey (or whatever his name was), got about as much attention as a sneeze in church. The ratings report was so bad.....there weren't even enough listeners to give the guy a 0.0 rating, so apparently, MJ must be doing something right....and in the Ville, no less.
So, where's the ratings numbers? Let me guess, Maddie Jones gave them to you? :D

If Jones doesn't consider Ramsey a threat, why does he talk about him? Why does he talk about Jurich trying to get him removed? Why does 'zipp' get so much press on the Rivals LPT site? You talk about people you're actively competing against.

ESPN The Ville is a new station with a big FM signal. If you're not internet streaming, it's great for indoors listening. They're new, so their actual numbers--not Maddie's--aren't going to blow anyone away at this point. But they have U of L's backing which means something in this community.

With a team effort, Maddie will someday have to take himself and his schtick to some godforsaken one-horse town where he can be among slapd!cks on every street.

The numbers of Louisvillians that listen to his show must be pretty good too.... Wendy's doesn't just throw sponsorship deals at anybody.

Wendy's has sponsored several failed sportstalk shows on 1080. That's not an indicator of success anymore than how many LPT fans show up for one of Maddie's one-horse town or mattress retailer remotes.

The ratings, the advertisers, the national attention (Finebaum, is just one example)... He's basically got the #1 rated sports talk show in 1080's listening area and you're here beating the drum. The summer tour of remotes....in some of KY's most 'remote' areas are always done with great crowds in attendance. His reach is far beyond Louisville. Tony Vanetti would be the first to tell you who Louisville's leading sports talk show is....

Last edited by a moderator:
....I'm not sure, but I think he did a TV show with CBS before launching KSR. You might even be correct about how that ended. Regardless, he's got a strong gig on radio now that ain't going anywhere any time soon.

....I'm not sure, but I think he did a TV show with CBS...
:D Earth to JC... Maddie got fired from his own local, cable TV show. I guess there are some media execs locally who don't whore themselves out for a handful of slapd!ck fanatics.

1080 has listeners to Maddie in the "area", not in Louisville. Clear Channel has whored itself out with the LPT radio contract and caters to its little hanger-ons like Maddie and the fat boy.

And while a big U of L fan, Vanetti is a CC mouthpiece at this point. What he says about Maddie and his employer means nothing objectively.

I hate Matt Jones, but to say, "His time is coming" sounds silly to me.

His show is popular and I don't believe he will leave until he wants to.

I just wish we had a radio personality with the balls to stand up and call out the ignorant things he says.

Everytime a UofL radio host talks a little smack, they can't change the subject fast enough.

Again, Zipp....it's pretty amusing how you can provide a detailed history of the career of Matt Jones. We don't get all of that information here in Northern KY. As having been a listener for only about a year, I've heard him talk about it a bit, but not in great detail. MJ lives IN Louisville. His show is based IN Louisville. Clear Channel is one of the biggest in the business. Ever think they might have inked a contract to air that show because of the size of it's audience? Surely not.....o_O

....you are like a broken record....same post, different wording each time. Keep believing that, cardsp. Whatever makes you feel better.
And yet you can't dispute....what else does UK have besides mens basketball...college world series...no..womens runner up in basketball...no..football team ranked or BCS bowl..no..Rupp "the barn"..vs. YUM not even close..

***Alright JC for 3, I've deleted some parts of your comments today to keep the discussion civil. You're making it hard now. Give it a rest for a while. Come back tomorrow please.

Nielsen doesn't give 0.0 ratings to anyone. If you didn't show up in the book, you get a star. *

But that wasn't the Ramsey show- that was the entire station, which wasn't even on the air for a substantial part of the winter book. But in any case, since the entire station didn't show up anywhere, it had nothing to do with Ramsey.

JC's simply parroting what Maddie Jones spoon fed his semi-illiterate minions one day. The guy (Maddie) is obviously looking over his shoulder to see if anyone is gaining ground.

But at least he wasn't talking basketball for 5-10 minutes.

KSR Affiliate List

WCBL (1290am): Benton
WBGN (1340am): Bowling Green
WTCO (1450am): Campbellsville
WAIN (1270am): Columbia
WCYN (102.3fm) Cynthiana
WHIR (1230am): Danville
WCLU (1490am): Glasgow
WGOH (1370am): Grayson
WTUK (105.1fm): Harlan
WHOP (95.3fm): Hopkinsville
WJKY (1060am): Jamestown
WLAP (630am): Lexington
WFTG (1400am): London
WKJK (1080am): Louisville
WFMW (730am): Madisonville
WWXL (1450am): Manchester
WFTM (1240am): Maysville
WKYM (101.7fm): Monticello
WMSK (1550am): Morganfield
WLME (102.7fm):Owensboro
WPAD (1560am): Paducah
WKYH (600am): Paintsville
WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

The KSR Summer Tour Schedule

June 22: Prestonsburg
June 23: Paintsville
June 24: Columbia
June 25: NBA Draft (NYC)
June 26: NBA Draft (NYC)

June 29: Shelbyville
June 30: Leitchfield
July 1: Madisonville
July 2: Morgantown
July 3: Hopkinsville

July 6: Morganfield
July 7: Grayson
July 8: Pikeville
July 9: Williamson WV
July 10:Kentucky Speedway

July 13: Cynthiana
July 14: Whitley City
July 15: London
July 16: Peach Jam
July 17: Peach Jam

July 20: Whitesburg
July 21: Manchester
July 22: Somerset
July 23: Harlan
July 24: Dickmann’s

July 27: Campbellsville
July 28: Owensboro
July 29: Benton
July 30: Paducah
July 31: Fancy Farm

Aug 3: Bowling Green
Aug 4: McKee
Aug 5: Glasgow
Aug 6: Jamestown
Aug 7: Monticello (Raft Up)

Aug 10: Frankfort
Aug 11: Maysville
Aug 12: Danville
Aug 13: Lexington
Aug 14: Louisville

This JC guy simply loves Maddie Jones. Which speaks volumes about him.

But Louisville's the biggest market in this State by far. And Maddie conspicuously spends most of his professional time OUTSIDE of Louisville.

Better if he spends all of his time somewhere else--the subject of this thread...

Just providing the facts that refute your claims, Zippy. That list of affiliates should have been enough... or maybe a list of advertisers like Guyonthecornertickets.com, Harry's Razors, Wendy's, BodyShapes Medical, Sleep Outfitters, Paul Miller Ford, etc.

...but I know, he sucks, his show is nothing in the Louisville area, blah, blah...carry on.

*** Take another week off JC for 3. You can't disprespect our players or posters here.

You are kidding right? UofL is excelling in athletics across the board - accept that fact. UK's softball team has been pretty good the last several years along witbier women's BB team. However most UK supporters aren't even aware.

Just providing the facts that refute your claims, Zippy. That list of affiliates should have been enough... or maybe a list of advertisers like Guyonthecornertickets.com, Harry's Razors, Wendy's, BodyShapes Medical, Sleep Outfitters, Paul Miller Ford, etc.

...but I know, he sucks, his show is nothing in the Louisville area, blah, blah...carry on.

*** Take another week off JC for 3. You can't disprespect our players or posters here.
KSR Affiliate List

WCYN (102.3fm) Cynthiana
WLSI (900am) Pikeville

Oh boy, some list of affiliates! A bunch of 1000 watt AMs, some of them 125 watts or less after sunset. :rolleyes:

Then there's that 1550 in Morganfield. The list says it's WMSK but that's out of date. They changed their call letters to WUCO in February. Do they even still carry Maddie?

Well if they do, here's what you've got. The upper end of the AM band is terrible compared to the lower end. An AM on 1550 SUCKS at any power level.

And this station runs 145 watts in the DAYTIME. LOL. At night they have all of 6 WATTS. LINK

So some mom and pop runs this from their living room with the Big Blew Network playing in the background and beans and cornbread cooking on the stove. Commercials are 2 for a dollar. But they carry ole Maddie!

Well congratulations dude. Y'all have hit the big time!

Last edited:
KSR Affiliate List

WCYN (102.3fm) Cynthiana
WLSI (900am) Pikeville

July 13 in Cynthiana. Wonder if they'll do the live remote from the parking lot at Wal-Mart or Save-A-Lot? Save-A-Lot has more room.

If you hear an air horn, it'll be me.

John Ramsey here.. just wanted to weigh-in and clear up a few things. It seems that the original point of the post was that Maddie Jones is spewing more lies and it seems that his fans are eating it up. I do not speak for Tom Jurich and quite frankly this topic is not worth his valuable time. However, I can promise you that he did not try to "get Maddie off the air" as Jones claims. Hard to imagine that a man who works as hard as Mr. Jurich has time to worry about an idiot who spews venom from 10-1:00 pm. (BTW how does anyone who works listen during that time?) Take a gander at TJ's body of work..seems obvious via UL's athletic success that MJ is not a priority.
I have yet to meet an intelligent UK fan who claims Maddie Bangs represents their program and school in a manner they deem is appropriate. I tried to listen a few times but it became obvious that despite his education he lacks professionalism and integrity. Bad diction, lots of bodily function jokes.. UGH.. Very low road and juvenile.. He insults student athletes, fabricates stories about opposing coaches, administrators, and yes, other radio personalities. To his credit his schtick seems to appeal to a select group. Oh about those great ratings that he claims.. Maddie has built a network of small stations and he combines those numbers to sound impressive. As I stated there is a segment of of BBN that buy everything he says regardless of his lack of integrity. Hard to knock his hustle.. he is compensated well by appealing to those who embrace his negative and combative rubbish. If he were so great why would his show be scheduled from 10-1:00 rather than a morning or afternoon drive slot? His numbers may actually be OK but the number of people that are listening during that time of day is so small it is hard to compare him with other shows. If you can listen during that time then you probably are without a job or you spend much of your day driving. JC for 3.. my show moved from 10-noon to afternoon drive and I sincerely hope that your lack of employment is not the reason you are unaware.
Personally Maddie has attacked me from day one..on his site and on-air. Many have been insulted by Maddie and I feel a bit of pride to be included in his target group (remember he called Coach Cal a cheater before he was hired at UK) . I guess I owe him a "thank you"..despite his intent the publicity was nice. However, he did say one thing that cut me a bit. Maddie claimed I wanted to be the UL version of him. First of all..what an ego! I mean, WHO says that anyone wants to be them? I hold myself to a MUCH higher standard and the UL fan base would run me out of town if I represented them in such a low-class manner. Fortunately for me and all Cardinal fans the success of the UL athletic program speaks for itself. How lucky are we to have so many positives both on the field of competition and in the classroom? No need for negativity when you win national championships, Sugar and Orange Bowls, College World Series, Final Fours, ..not to mention national success in swimming and diving, soccer and tennis. Please check out the new national APR classroom achievement numbers...education is truly a priority with Cardinal Athletics.
Admittedly, I have taken shots at Maddie to defend myself or those he has attacked. The UL fan base has made it clear to me that they expect me to navigate the show with a positive Louisville focus rather than the negative low road that Maddie prefers. I will attempt to represent UL with the excellence and class they have earned and apologize for spending too much time on this topic. Just wanted to express my opinion and passion.
Oh..show is going GREAT! I have a fabulous new partner in Mike Rutherford who is a great guy and good friend. He is respected by Card fans and as intelligent, insightful and witty as they come!
93.9 The Ville. We are an oasis of red in a blue dessert. Please give us a listen!

John Ramsey here.. just wanted to weigh-in and clear up a few things. It seems that the original point of the post was that Maddie Jones is spewing more lies and it seems that his fans are eating it up. I do not speak for Tom Jurich and quite frankly this topic is not worth his valuable time. However, I can promise you that he did not try to "get Maddie off the air" as Jones claims. Hard to imagine that a man who works as hard as Mr. Jurich has time to worry about an idiot who spews venom from 10-1:00 pm. (BTW how does anyone who works listen during that time?) Take a gander at TJ's body of work..seems obvious via UL's athletic success that MJ is not a priority.
I have yet to meet an intelligent UK fan who claims Maddie Bangs represents their program and school in a manner they deem is appropriate. I tried to listen a few times but it became obvious that despite his education he lacks professionalism and integrity. Bad diction, lots of bodily function jokes.. UGH.. Very low road and juvenile.. He insults student athletes, fabricates stories about opposing coaches, administrators, and yes, other radio personalities. To his credit his schtick seems to appeal to a select group. Oh about those great ratings that he claims.. Maddie has built a network of small stations and he combines those numbers to sound impressive. As I stated there is a segment of of BBN that buy everything he says regardless of his lack of integrity. Hard to knock his hustle.. he is compensated well by appealing to those who embrace his negative and combative rubbish. If he were so great why would his show be scheduled from 10-1:00 rather than a morning or afternoon drive slot? His numbers may actually be OK but the number of people that are listening during that time of day is so small it is hard to compare him with other shows. If you can listen during that time then you probably are without a job or you spend much of your day driving. JC for 3.. my show moved from 10-noon to afternoon drive and I sincerely hope that your lack of employment is not the reason you are unaware.
Personally Maddie has attacked me from day one..on his site and on-air. Many have been insulted by Maddie and I feel a bit of pride to be included in his target group (remember he called Coach Cal a cheater before he was hired at UK) . I guess I owe him a "thank you"..despite his intent the publicity was nice. However, he did say one thing that cut me a bit. Maddie claimed I wanted to be the UL version of him. First of all..what an ego! I mean, WHO says that anyone wants to be them? I hold myself to a MUCH higher standard and the UL fan base would run me out of town if I represented them in such a low-class manner. Fortunately for me and all Cardinal fans the success of the UL athletic program speaks for itself. How lucky are we to have so many positives both on the field of competition and in the classroom? No need for negativity when you win national championships, Sugar and Orange Bowls, College World Series, Final Fours, ..not to mention national success in swimming and diving, soccer and tennis. Please check out the new national APR classroom achievement numbers...education is truly a priority with Cardinal Athletics.
Admittedly, I have taken shots at Maddie to defend myself or those he has attacked. The UL fan base has made it clear to me that they expect me to navigate the show with a positive Louisville focus rather than the negative low road that Maddie prefers. I will attempt to represent UL with the excellence and class they have earned and apologize for spending too much time on this topic. Just wanted to express my opinion and passion.
Oh..show is going GREAT! I have a fabulous new partner in Mike Rutherford who is a great guy and good friend. He is respected by Card fans and as intelligent, insightful and witty as they come!
93.9 The Ville. We are an oasis of red in a blue dessert. Please give us a listen!
Thanks John for this great post, man you've got the best Sports Talk Show in town....... THE BEST PERIOD!!!

Reactions: PumaCard
John is The Man--next to Tom, of course--and along with U of L living legends among us like Howie and Jack.

And ESPN The Ville is a locomotive gaining steam.

My experience is that you don't take shots at Little Brother unless you're a little worried about him!

Reactions: PumaCard
The KSR Summer Tour Schedule

June 22: Prestonsburg
June 23: Paintsville
June 24: Columbia
June 25: NBA Draft (NYC)
June 26: NBA Draft (NYC)

June 29: Shelbyville
June 30: Leitchfield
July 1: Madisonville
July 2: Morgantown
July 3: Hopkinsville

July 6: Morganfield
July 7: Grayson
July 8: Pikeville
July 9: Williamson WV
July 10:Kentucky Speedway

July 13: Cynthiana
July 14: Whitley City
July 15: London
July 16: Peach Jam
July 17: Peach Jam

July 20: Whitesburg
July 21: Manchester
July 22: Somerset
July 23: Harlan
July 24: Dickmann’s

July 27: Campbellsville
July 28: Owensboro
July 29: Benton
July 30: Paducah
July 31: Fancy Farm

Aug 3: Bowling Green
Aug 4: McKee
Aug 5: Glasgow
Aug 6: Jamestown
Aug 7: Monticello (Raft Up)

Aug 10: Frankfort
Aug 11: Maysville
Aug 12: Danville
Aug 13: Lexington
Aug 14: Louisville
LOL..Matt Jones uses UK fans and they buy in to is nonsense. Calapari is the greatest according to MJ, but this is what he really thinks of Calapari:
Matt Jones Says:
April 6th, 2008 at 12:57 am
“I am not going to make a post on the subject. But travel in recruiting circles and you won’t find anyone who thinks that program is clean. You are free to have any feeling about Calipari u wish but I am not a fan of his tactics on building a program.”

“You just knew it was gonna happen deep down. Karma is a weird thing and it strikes at weird times and you just couldnt imagine that Memphis would really be allowed to win a national title. With a team full of players that had run-ins with the authorities, after the fight earlier this season at UAB, after their constant problems with free throw shooting and Coach Calipari’s mocking of it as an issue and the coach’s less than stellar reputation with the NCAA, you just HAD to think that it would catch up with them.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT