ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard

Texas not waiting this out is interesting and may indicate they were uncomfortable with his character. You can talk yourself into a winning coach being a good guy and it being a bad night. They appear not to have that opinion.

As much as I want UL to turn things around quickly I wouldn't go anywhere near this guy. There was an anonymous poll taken a few years ago of College Coaches asking who they felt was the biggest recruiting rules violator in College Basketball. Beard won by a mile. Who knows if it's true or not? But given our recent history if I'm JH I can't take a chance on anybody that might not toe the line on NCAA Rules. And his Legal Issues make him even less attractive.

Someone will hire him and he will win at a high rate. But UL needs to steer clear of him.

Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest to see him as UofL’s coach.
still sad you want a wife beater, imagine if that was your sister or your mother he choked and you'd still want him as a coach, truly sad that you accept violence to women just to win a basketball game. absolutely digusting imho to even think that let alone make it public knowledge that you support domestic violence as long as you can win a game. i wonder how you'd feel if your dad choked your mom right in front of you? would you clap and tell you mom she deserved it? sounds like you would if it got you your coach. wtf is wrong with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am embarrased to share this board with you and am embarrased to be a fellow louisville fan with you.

Last edited:
I've said for years that you can just tell that Beard is an unlikable bro-dude sort of coach. You can tell by how he handles himself in interviews and while coaching that he's a hot head and has that "I'm an alpha" style thinking. He's always struck me as the sort of guy that tries to be buddy-buddy with the kids and act like he's "one of them" and that he has no problem bending, stretching or breaking rules. He's always struck me as shady. (For the record I put Mark Stoops in the same category of bro-dude.) So when news broke he beat his wife I wasn't shocked at all.

I thought it was shocking that Texas flat out fired him and I do think it speaks to how they were feeling about him because if they were really won over by him and really loved what he was doing, how he was representing the university and thought the charges weren't an accurate representation of who he was and the man they knew - they would have stood by him. The fact they cut bait before anything "official" was even released is probably telling as to what sort of piece of garbage he is.

• Haha
Reactions: Mayoman and BPGhost
still sad you want a wife beater, imagine if that was your sister or your mother he choked and you'd still want him as a coach, truly sad that you accept violence to women just to win a basketball game. absolutely digusting imho to even think that let alone make it public knowledge that you support domestic violence as long as you can win a game. i wonder how you'd feel if your dad choked your mom right in front of you? would you clap and tell you mom she deserved it? sounds like you would if it got you your coach. wtf is wrong with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am embarrased to share this board with you and am embarrased to be a fellow louisville fan with you.
Have you even considered he didn't strangle his fiancée at all? There's a piece from the Texas Tribune you should read. I like everyone else just assumed he did it, but this woman has a bit of history herself. There is much more to this story and you should maybe settle down a bit before you excoriate a fellow Cards fan?

As much as I want UL to turn things around quickly I wouldn't go anywhere near this guy. There was an anonymous poll taken a few years ago of College Coaches asking who they felt was the biggest recruiting rules violator in College Basketball. Beard won by a mile. Who knows if it's true or not? But given our recent history if I'm JH I can't take a chance on anybody that might not toe the line on NCAA Rules. And his Legal Issues make him even less attractive.

Someone will hire him and he will win at a high rate. But UL needs to steer clear of him.
Has he ever been accused on the record by the ncaa or someone willing to not hide behind anonymity of recruiting violations? What types of violations was he accused of because of is was impermissible benefits, that ship has sailed with NIL.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
What a silly person you are. Not by being upset for the victims of domestic violence (spoiler alert - so am I) but, for taking such absurd leaps of “logic” in your sad attempt to shame me for expressing a random opinion. And, for thinking that you have some first hand insight into what happened from your sofa thousands of miles away.

I have some uncomfortable truth for you. You have zero idea what happened between Beard and his fiancé that night and neither do I. What I - and if you could stop hyperventilating for a minute - and you do know, is that a very respected and apparently tough on domestic violence cases prosecutor moved to drop the case because in his opinion, the evidence did not warrant a trial. Does that make him a “supporter of domestic violence” in your eyes too?

What should happen to Beard in your view? Should he be forever banned from coaching at any level? Should he be disqualified from being hired for a job even outside of the coaching profession? His fiancé allegedly hit him - should she be fired from her job as well?

Dave Bliss is available and has a fairly impressive win-loss record in his career.

All he did was try to frame one of his players who was murdered as a drug dealer after his death. I mean, hell, this was a long time ago and all he was doing was to try and keep the basketball program rolling and who really knows, maybe his players didn’t like how hard he was on them in practice and tried to frame him.

KP is a nice enough guy but….

Dave Bliss is available and has a fairly impressive win-loss record in his career.

All he did was try to frame one of his players who was murdered as a drug dealer after his death. I mean, hell, this was a long time ago and all he was doing was to try and keep the basketball program rolling and who really knows, maybe his players didn’t like how hard he was on them in practice and tried to frame him.

Lol - the leaps in logic on this thread are impressive. Perhaps (hopefully?) you were being sarcastic because if you can’t see the difference in the two situations - then, wow.

Just wow…

That the former Baylor coach?

I've said for years that you can just tell that Beard is an unlikable bro-dude sort of coach. You can tell by how he handles himself in interviews and while coaching that he's a hot head and has that "I'm an alpha" style thinking. He's always struck me as the sort of guy that tries to be buddy-buddy with the kids and act like he's "one of them" and that he has no problem bending, stretching or breaking rules. He's always struck me as shady. (For the record I put Mark Stoops in the same category of bro-dude.) So when news broke he beat his wife I wasn't shocked at all.

I thought it was shocking that Texas flat out fired him and I do think it speaks to how they were feeling about him because if they were really won over by him and really loved what he was doing, how he was representing the university and thought the charges weren't an accurate representation of who he was and the man they knew - they would have stood by him. The fact they cut bait before anything "official" was even released is probably telling as to what sort of piece of garbage he is.
That’s a ton of conjecture and judgment about someone who have no connection to. I mean - not even six degrees of Kevin Bacon connection. But hey - that’s totally fine for you to voice your opinion. I’m not mad or embarrassed to be a fellow Cardinal fan with you. 🙄

I will say - in my opinion - Texas’ decision had less to do with what they thought of him, than it did with the times that we live in.

No one question Beard before this allegation, and now the allegation has been withdrawn. Not sure anyone other than Beard and his fiancé/wife know the truth, but I learned a long time ago that domestic issues are often misrepresentative of what actually happened.

Make no mistake, this guy can coach and he will be on some SEC sideline sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT