ADVERTISEMENT

Care To Guess Who The OOC Opponent Will Be

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
for the game in Brooklyn this upcoming season? This is the first I've heard of it. Wonder who it will be? Also it looks like another great, tough schedule for the Cards this season.

With the release of the ACC-Big Ten Challenge games, Louisville’s 2015-16 men’s basketball schedule is nearly all set. And it’s going to be a pretty-tough one.

The Cardinals, who will play at Michigan State in the challenge, have a non-conference road game at Kentucky. In the ACC, Louisville will play Duke twice, Virginia twice, North Carolina, Syracuse, Notre Dame and North Carolina State, among others. The Cardinals also have a non-conference game scheduled to be played in Brooklyn, opponent undetermined.

Last edited:
I'm going to guess it'll be a former conference member.

My top 3 guesses for no real reason.

Villanova
Providence
St. Johns

Uconn would be great. An old rival/conference member would be cool, but it would also be cool if it was a good opponent that UofL doesn't usually face. A team like Kansas, UCLA, Wisconsin etc.

Pretty sure I heard that the game in Brooklyn will be against an Atlantic 10 opponent. It's supposed to be a mini challenge of sorts ACC vs. A10.

Pretty sure I heard that the game in Brooklyn will be against an Atlantic 10 opponent. It's supposed to be a mini challenge of sorts ACC vs. A10.

Seems like this is correct though it is past May 1 and not sure if opponents have been finalized yet. From and article I just read:

The ACC and Atlantic 10 will take part in a doubleheader at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., from 2015-2017, multiple sources told CBSSports.com on Thursday.

The ACC and Atlantic 10 announced the doubleheader in a joint press release last spring, but more specifics are now known. There will be one doubleheader per year each December from 2015-2017, according to another source. Official matchups have yet to be set, but sources said the games should be set by May 1.

The agreement is part of a deal between the two conferences when the Atlantic 10 agreed to leave the Barclays Center in 2017 and 2018 for the conference tournament. The league will move its postseason to Pittsburgh in 2017 and Washington in 2018 before returning to Brooklyn in 2019.

The ACC Tournament will be held at the Barclays Center in 2017 and 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT